[ANN] beeeeer.org - PPS Primecoin pool! ------- DEAD

Primecoin is dominated by GPU miners, thus CPU miners are less ‘profitable’ due to the network difficulty :-\

@blerty
While xolokram makes a good point about the higher difficulty due to GPU miners making the days of easy coins a thing of the past there are things you can do to improve your performance, at least on Windows (I know nothing about *nix). Also if you are not using the current v1.1 miner you should upgrade as the performance is much better.
Keep in mind also that what you mine in your first week may not have been paid out during that week due to the sharelog; the stats page by default shows paid and not mined (xolokram I wish you would change that) so you can’t really predict your mining output from it.

For what it’s worth here are the stats from my i7:

date XPM block 7ch 8ch 9ch 10ch
2014-6-2 0.02 0 (0.000%) 95 (96.9%) 2 (2.04%) 1 (1.02%) 0 (0.000%) 0.002 XPM/hr
2014-6-1 0.05 0 (0.000%) 169 (93.9%) 9 (5.00%) 2 (1.11%) 0 (0.000%) 0.002 XPM/hr
2014-5-31 0.03 0 (0.000%) 136 (88.9%) 17 (11.11%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.001 XPM/hr
2014-5-30 0.00 0 (0.000%) 15 (100.0%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr
2014-5-29 0.05 0 (0.000%) 103 (92.0%) 7 (6.25%) 2 (1.79%) 0 (0.000%) 0.002 XPM/hr
2014-5-28 0.01 0 (0.000%) 84 (95.5%) 4 (4.55%) 0 (0.00%) 0 (0.000%) 0.000 XPM/hr

As you can see chain finding is highly variable to say the least. Note that the difficulty has been pretty much stable for the past few weeks, about 10.96, since it stabilized after the GPU miner adoption. Will it rise again? Who knows; in mining there are no guarantees, for this or any other coin. I would expect to see lower earnings for a while here, until the sharelog decreases and the share reward increases.

FPGA is going to get into the game on July 15th.
How will it influence difficulty and the price?

[quote=“crypto_coiner, post:2124, topic:342”]FPGA is going to get into the game on July 15th.
How will it influence difficulty and the price?[/quote]

Link?

Links:

Thanks! Finially I made it by CodeBlock, MingW, Boots/GMP/Openssl :wink:
Another question: is 64bit faster than 32bit? I notice in your V1.1 CPU only code , 64bit is
2 times faster than 32bit, but what about this V2.0 GPU code? I have’t test it by myself
becasue I have’t figure out how to build MinGW 64bit verison.

[quote=“xolokram, post:2119, topic:342”][quote=“rots, post:2118, topic:342”]Hi, xolokram
Which tool do you use to build windows binary?
Thanks!

• rots

Hi,

sorry for the (very) late reply.

MSYS including the MinGW-w64 compiler suite (& libraries)
with manually built additional libraries (boost, openssl, libgmp, etc.pp.)
and CMake
and AMD’s APP SDK (for the GPU miner)

• xolokram

ps. it’s messy and quite annoying to setup… but once it’s setup, it’s really easy to build everything multi-platform-ish[/quote]

Thanks for the replies and appreciated. I will keep trying for a while and see what happens. I am using v1.1 and I guess its working as it should be. It just gets a bit hard to justify when power costs in Australia are quite high.

Whilst I have your attention, can anyone recommend a good, stable and free Nividia mining software (for a 750ti)? Guess if you cannot beat them, join in. I have found one but a 10% fee is quite a lot.

Good luck and I hope this all leads to something great…

i don’t know what the fpga will bringt to the network/price/image of primecoin
(i guess i wouldn’t run a mining pool if i’m able to predict such things :slight_smile: )

but in general:
i don’t expect a huge comeback for primecoin, it would be cool though

@rots:
congratulations, you’ve officially gone through hell and back. :slight_smile:
64bit should be a little bit faster, BUT the % of cpu code which benifits from the 64bit-implementation of the libraries is just a few (<2%) of the overall calculation, so it won’t have much effect.

@blerty:
beeeeer’s miners are CPU or AMD-GPU only atm
i’ll have to look into the open-source NVIDIA miner and add that for NVIDIA support (there is one, right?)

• xolokram

Hi everybody,

some updates for you… again…

[size=12pt]1) GPU miner for beeeeer.org updated:
xolominer: v2.0a EXPERIMENTAL/GPU-ONLY[/size]

thanks to madmax, extremal, mafoo, romar & vertoe

v2.0a: v5 gpu kernel

[ul][li]updated the GPU kernel code to extremal’s v5 (increased mining performance)[/li][/ul]

v2.0a:

[ul][li]experimental opencl/gpu code for amd, merged with xolominer v1.x code[/li]
[li]source code taken from madmax’ miner, with extremal’s v3 optimization[/li]
[li]default developer fee id set to ‘2’ (madmax’ donation address on beeeer.org)[/li][/ul]

known issues:

• only one gpu used per instance
  • missing ch/d stats
  • crashs on exit occasionally
  • thread priority option is buggy (use the default value (low priority))
  • mining / GPU settings are fixed
  • not working with catalyst driver 13.x or older (use 14.x or higher) !!!

linux / osx / github: source (branch ‘experimental_gpu’)
windows binaries: ‘xolominer’ v2.0a testing/gpu/experimental v5 kernel update (64bit only)

usage:

[code]xolominer -pooluser=[xpm-payout-address] -poolip=[choose-from-below] -poolport=1337 -device=[id-of-the-gpu-device-you-want-to-use]

EUROPE: (port: 1337)
NORTH AMERICA: (port: 1337)
payout is independent from the used pool, choose the one near your location
you can run multiple instances of the miner for the same payout address simultaneously

optional:
-minerid=[0 - 65000, default: 0]
-poolfee=[1 - 100 (in %), default: 2%]
-devfeeid=<#> [default: 2]
-poolip2= (as fallback, along with -poolport2=)
-poolip3= (as fallback, along with -poolport3=)
-exitondisc=1 (as exit-on-fail, instead of retrying the connection)
-device=<#> (id-of-the-gpu-device-you-want-to-use)
alternative ports: 21, 443, 8080, 13337

example:
xolominer -pooluser=AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd -poolip= -minerid=42 -poolport=1337 -device=0
[/code]
OR create a config file named “xolominer.cfg” in the directory of the binary and add e.g.

poolip=<service-will-be-shut-down> poolport=1337 pooluser=AamzxmqHRTEB2Hz5VFdvY4j19XiqmPYMpT device=0
…to the config file and launch the binary

compilation: using CMAKE (update your compilation tutorials/scripts)
YOU’LL NEED THE NEWEST AMD DRIVERS AND AMD APP SDK VERSION TO RUN THIS CODE

» sudo apt-get install git cmake g++ build-essential libboost-all-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev » git clone https://github.com/thbaumbach/primecoin.git xolominer » cd xolominer && mkdir bin && cd bin » cmake .. » make
(please be aware that the names of the required libraries (first command) can differ depending on your linux distribution)

KEEP IN MIND / BE WARNED:
THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL RELEASE
PLEASE USE THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT THREAD FOR PROBLEMS/BUGS/QUESTIONS
FEEL FREE TO USE THE OFFICIAL IRC CHANNEL: #beeeeer.org @ FreeNode

[size=12pt]2) Asian server shutdown:[/size]
I’m currently planning to finally shutdown the Protoshares (see beeeeer’s official PTS thread) & the Asian Primecoin mining pool
to save some server costs and maintenance time for me

this will happen on: 7th of August 2014

please, redirect your miners to another pool/IP — thank you.

[size=12pt]3) still old CPU miners:[/size]
There are still people out there mining with the CPU miner v1.0 or OLDER!!
I really recommend you to upgrade to version v1.1!!

[size=12pt]4) payout for abandoned address:[/size]
I’m currently planning / coding / testing a system to add this ^ feature
which I actually already wanted to have done by now … but … suddenly “GPU” :wink:
I’ll do this next (just FYI)

disclaimer:

Please, be careful with your setup/settings and your hardware.

We are not responsible for any damage to your computer system or data with our provided
service and software and in no event will we be responsible for any consequential, incidental,
or indirect damages arising out of the use or inability to use our service or software.
Botnets & cheaters are not welcome. Addresses may be suspended without prior notice!

any clues/evidence/hints are helpful! Please, help us.

- xolokram, happy mining

ps. board/raw servers are shut down already and nobody noticed… good

lol xolokram why you kicking the corpse? ;D

because i can

btw

[size=12pt]reducing the payout barrier:[/size]
I’ve also decided to slowly move the payout barrier from currently 3.01 XPMs down to 1.01 2.01 XPMs within the next days
(1.01 will follow within the next weeks, i dont want to strain the payout balance)
this will not only affect new miners; old miners with remaining coins will be paid out too, if they’ve already reached this value
i hope i can finally test & activate the ‘payout for abandoned addresses’-feature this week, hopefully, we’ll see, maybe later :omg:

• xolokram

ps. please double check your payout address for possible typos !!! PM me if there’s problem

@TheNobodies:
Perhaps Xolo (or others) will find better ways to mine; if a way can be found to find 12 chains a easily as we now find 6’s it is a whole new game. Impossible you say? I can recall it said and commonly accepted that it was impossible to GPU mine XPM…

@xolokram:
You might want to add to the “known issues” the thread priority problem I mentioned on the other board…

Also is there any plan to release a V2 32 bit version? If not can you point me to a “Compile stuff on Windows for Dummies”?

That’s very cool, thanks. I was gonna throw in the towel, but if I persevere for a week or two more, I just might get one whole Primecoin for my efforts… :slight_smile: I don’t have an AMD GPU, so I’m left scraping the dregs at the bottom of the barrel.

What command i should use to start all 4 cards at one time, if it possible?

[quote=“icedaddy, post:2133, topic:342”]@TheNobodies:
Perhaps Xolo (or others) will find better ways to mine; if a way can be found to find 12 chains a easily as we now find 6’s it is a whole new game. Impossible you say? I can recall it said and commonly accepted that it was impossible to GPU mine XPM…

@xolokram:
You might want to add to the “known issues” the thread priority problem I mentioned on the other board…

Also is there any plan to release a V2 32 bit version? If not can you point me to a “Compile stuff on Windows for Dummies”?[/quote]
added

BerkeleyDB & MiniUPNP is not needed, but AMD’s APP SDK and cmake
and then you’ll have to run cmake before make
isn’t there a newer instruction for this?! i’m confused.

you’re welcome :wink:

i recommend to use a general config file (with pool & address information), e.g. like this

poolip=176.34.128.129 poolport=1337 pooluser=AamzxmqHRTEB2Hz5VFdvY4j19XiqmPYMpT
and then start the miner 4 times (via terminals or .bat files) with the corresponding devices

xolominer.exe -device=0 xolominer.exe -device=1 xolominer.exe -device=2 and xolominer.exe -device=3

that should do the trick
i know this is very dirty/clunky, but it’s working :slight_smile:

• xolokram

/fixed

[size=18pt]reminder:[/size]
the ASIAN server will be shut down in ~11 hours DONE
please be sure to point your miners to the EU or US server, if you like to continue mining on beeeeer.org

there will probably some smaller downtimes for the EU/US server as well
as i will use this time to update / upgrade / restart / check them

• xolokram, happy mining

ps. #beeeeer.org @ freenode
pps. i’m currently working on an major update of the share rewards, more on that tomorrow sunday
ppps. the frontend/mining stats were paused due to some db issues, they’re are now working again (no shares/payouts harmed, thx to huisje)

Hey guys sorry to noob it up on you here, i have got the xolominer client up and running, 3 seperate windows for my 3 gpu, i have everything set up as described in the bat file and it appears to all be running fine saying new work found (something like that) but i cant seem to see any stats at beeer pool for the address i have provided, will i only see stats when something is found or have i set it up wrong, i used the download link on beeer pool to get all the software, the gpu are getting hot like they are mining (i use speedfan to monitor and control) but i cant see anything on the site, i am using a crypsy address for the deposit would this be an issue, sorry to noob it up you once again and cheers in advance for any help, settings are as follows, the only difference is the device number to correspond to the gpu i want to use

xolominer_gpu.exe -pooluser=Ab56EYF7UD486vNfYmKPzQ3fVU5b4GpxAm -poolip=54.200.248.75 -poolport=1337 -device=0 -minerid=8555

Cool so i set up the CPU mining software and it is working similarly but it has additional information provided and i now have stats showing up after it says its found something a couple of times, does this mean i definetly have set my GPU software up wrong or is there just different info between the two models, sorry to be a pest guys, just really want to mine me some XPM, cheers in advance for any help

@Cactipsi:
your configuration seems to be correct; i’ve checked the server logs and the only thing that looks ‘abnormal’ is a high amount of reconnects (disconnect followed by a new connect). that’s either caused by a bad connection (which is not good) or by manual restarts of the miner?!

to see your stats you’ll have to submit correct shares (with a small delay of a few minutes due to the server setup)
check on this by searching for a line like this:

[MASTER] submitted share -> SHARE

this means you’ve found & submitted a share to the pool, a few minutes later it should be in your personal stats on beeeeer.org

it’s not really recommended to use a cryptsy address for mining, but it should work in general
(your depending on the crypsy service when problems occur, which can be painful…)

[size=14pt]@“major update of the share rewards”:[/size]
Due to recent events* i was thinking about changing the share rewards and I’ve come up with a new scheme which increases the reward for higher chains, while decreasing the award for lower chains. This will make cheating by manipulating the client software harder, while giving benifits to those who are trying to optimize towards higher chains. The “downside” is it will increase the randomness of daily income for (part-time) miners as the higher but rare chains will have more impact.

current rewards:
xpm cl07: 0.000053
xpm cl08: 0.000822
xpm cl09: 0.011682
xpm cl10: 0.052451
xpm cl11: 0.054835
xpm clBL: 0.057219

new rewards:
xpm cl07: 0.00000042
xpm cl08: 0.00007736
xpm cl09: 0.00499644
xpm cl10: 0.18413118
xpm cl11: 1.40400023
xpm clBL: 1.40400023

I’m pretty sure, this will need some adjustment over the next few days. I’ll monitor this and report back. Please, be patient with this!

“thanks” to wiiiiine & mikaelh

• = someone was using a manipulated client software which was optimized to generate a sh**load of (useless) 7-chains, thus leeching XPMs from the pool/community
  • xolokram, happy mining[size=4pt]1075[/size]

That sounds like a preety dog thing to do, ripping out the guts for some quick XPM, i just noticed i only have 7ch showing up in my beer page, should i find another software or have i set it up somehow to do this unknowingly, i was stopping and starting the programs before thinking i had done something wrong so i was going back to the bat files and changing, sorry if it caused instability on your end, and with the GPU all i get is master work recieved, new work recieved, and that keeps going on and on, no share submit, does this just mean i am unlucky and not finding anything (lol) or do i need to look at another software setup