20 PPC bounty for Peercoin "mascot"

[quote=“river333, post:36, topic:1228”]Nice 8)

I hadn’t thought of a dolphin but I think it does kind of match the personality of Peercoin

I was focusing on alliteration but it could just be called the PeerDolphin :)[/quote]

PeerDolphin sounds nice. Much better than Dolphin Lundgren. :wink:
And yes, dolphins do have admirable traits.
They’re naturally friendly, intelligent (second most intelligent on the planet - behind mice and ahead of humans - at least according to Doug Adams), and ferocious when under threat. In fact, alongside humans, they’re the only natural predators of sharks (they even attack in swarm against larger sharks).

[quote=“NewMoneyEra, post:37, topic:1228”]DancingBear, you are a talent!

Excellent Idea! Great Execution!

Exceptional Art!!!

Thank You[/quote]

Oh stahp.

[quote=“NewMoneyEra, post:38, topic:1228”]This is not a criticism. Your artistic abilities are exceptional.

I’m just wondering: the coin is so bright and shiny, could the dolphin be a little bit more shiny, too? Like it has just jumped out of the ocean on a sunny day and its skin is wet, so the sun reflects off of the dolphin’s curving wet skin just a little bit, too?

As is, it is stunning. Beautiful.

Thank You Much.[/quote]

Noted. Did a little work on it - posted below.

[quote=“ppcman, post:39, topic:1228”]I do agree that DancingBear is talented.

I do not agree that this version works. Namely because the dophin is covering up the Peercoin “P” portion of the logo. Now we have a mascot that is covering up and hiding our logo. That’s counter productive.

We need to fire the mascot and he just started work. :slight_smile:

It’s like having a big tree in the way when you take a picture of a building.

If we are going to use the coin, and the Peercoin leaf “P”, it should be visible. I don’t have a suggestion on how we can accomplish it, but I feel it is important.

Also, our mascot will be having speaking engagements either in a cartoon, or in costume at an event. So the dolphin itself isn’t branded… Will he always be coming out of the coin?

It would look too weird if some one was dressed up as an exploding coin at the super bowl for instance, with an Alien version of a dolphin coming out of their stomach.[/quote]
I did some adjustment, as well as placing a smaller Peercoin logo and tagline at the bottom.

As for costume mockups, I’m sure I can come up with something if we’re agreeable on a dolphin. A standalone dolphin in waiscoat and monocles?

Also, please don’t fire the the dolphin. He has eleven kids and two mistresses.

Here’s some one who put the logo right on the dolphin:

I think the Peercoin logo would have to be part of the mascot’s body or clothes:

a) A shirt
b) A hat
c) painted on the mascot’s body
d) making up the body of the mascot (like a coin man)
e) a cape
f) a headband
g) On his sunglasses

OR… the mascot must always hold something with the Peercoin logo on it

a) a shield
b) a rocket
c) A piggy bank
e) a sword
f) a globe
g) a flag

The problem with holding some thing, is if some one was at an event in a fur costume, they might not like to have to hold some thing all the time just to have the costume complete.

What about a squirrel or chipmunk? They like to hide nuts for the winter months, thus they are good savers :slight_smile: Just like PPC

Piggybank is the one that appeals to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like DancingBear’s dolphin with the logo under it. I think that works on clothes.

Maybe we can also have some sort of picture of Raspberry Pi in our logo. Not sure if that works though.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:45, topic:1228”]I like DancingBear’s dolphin with the logo under it. I think that works on clothes.

Maybe we can also have some sort of picture of Raspberry Pi in our logo. Not sure if that works though.[/quote]
A mascot has to be timeless, and raspberries will be replaced by newer types (model B already is), so I don’t think a pic of something technical will work, at least not for long

I prefer the piggy bank mascot, or a refines version of it

A piggy bank has a recognisable and friendly symbol, which is savings - and savings is what peercoin is designed for. It both connects as a mascot, and communicates peercoin’s (primary) purpose

Peercoin Parrot, Peercoin Platypus, Peercoin poodle, Peercoin Possum, Peercoin Porcupine, Peercoin Puffin, and Peercoin Pug are pretty good ones

Hahaha, slowly to the moon.