20 PPC bounty for Peercoin "mascot"

This thread is picking up steam. Great ideas and work everybody keep it up

Yes, some good ideas and sketches here.

Like the mean Peercoin Puma (or lion) from Coinlar, the grumpy Peercoin King (maybe without cigar) and the sweet Peercoin Piggy bank from Auxilium

Appreciate that it is a sketch but would be good to have some colors for the Lion/Puma (e.g. gold/green).

How about this? :smiley:

Gold

Green

Green-Gold

Yes! I applaud the “cat” entries from Coinlar and Auxilium!

I don’t know if they are Pumas or Panthers but I love the edge!

I think we need a more edgy image, more aggressive. Many think because we are energy efficient we are just a bunch of idealistic tree-huggers who can’t be taken seriously and should be dismissed.

My vote is for the edgy mascot.

Cool thread, not sure how I missed it.

Definitely don’t agree on the edgy thing. There’s nothing edgy about PPC, from Sunny King to the community. No need to pretend to be something we’re not.

[quote=“Yurizhai, post:25, topic:1228”]Cool thread, not sure how I missed it.

Definitely don’t agree on the edgy thing. There’s nothing edgy about PPC, from Sunny King to the community. No need to pretend to be something we’re not.[/quote]

Agree with your disagree.

Also, the last survey showed that we are indeed a bunch of idealistic tree-huggers (maybe we’re not literally hugging trees, but most are idealistic for sure).

I’m idealistic, but not necessarily sweet and soft :wink: I still like Auxilium’s cat holding the Peercoin in his beak the most. Green, edgy, progressive but with a conservative touch when it comes to saving money. We should have something like this 3d printed and as giveaway or price at meetings etc. Where did we leave the marketing department :-\

The cat with the paw holding (almost protecting) the peercoin logo is my favorite.

It reminds me of protection, security, safety, guarded.

On the other hand

The cathead EATING peercoin’s logo, doesn’t convey a message other than something is going to eat your coins. Your coins are digestible, swallowed, or consumed.

[quote=“ppcman, post:28, topic:1228”]The cat with the paw holding (almost protecting) the peercoin logo is my favorite.

It reminds me of protection, security, safety, guarded.

On the other hand

The cathead EATING peercoin’s logo, doesn’t convey a message other than something is going to eat your coins. Your coins are digestible, swallowed, or consumed.[/quote]
Interesting to see you have a 100% different view. It is good to have opinions though.
To me a cat grabs its pray with its claws and it presents it with its beak (you would know if you ever owned a housecat).

Given the different opinions, we might have to look for something different which more people agree on. Maybe the Peercoin Penguin, I think he’s cute.

What about the monkey? Monkeys are cool!! :wink:

I really like the claw cat too. The other one looks to me also as if it’s going to break and eat a Peercoin. And I have three cats, but they look cuddly and silly, they don’t have that blood thirsty face!! :wink:

LOL Monkeys are silly. An insult to the users :wink:

Wow, it is hard to get something common across the community. Maybe the cat with the claw is not so bad after all.

Maybe we need a sculpture of Sunnyking, like we have those historic figures on fiat notes :smiley:

Or anyone for a Fuzzybear 8)

The mascot doesn’t need to be an animal, either.

While I appreciate the intent of the submissions, to date, none have just jumped out at me as the “the one.”

What about a Peercoin Platypus? Peercoin Parrot or PPC Puku? haha I have no clue.

After some consideration now, I must say:

I love the cat with the claw.

Far and away my favorite!

Here we go. 8)

Nice 8)

I hadn’t thought of a dolphin but I think it does kind of match the personality of Peercoin

I was focusing on alliteration but it could just be called the PeerDolphin :slight_smile:

[quote=“DancingBear, post:35, topic:1228”]Here we go. 8)
[/quote]

DancingBear, you are a talent!

Excellent Idea! Great Execution!

Exceptional Art!!!

Thank You

[quote=“DancingBear, post:35, topic:1228”]Here we go. 8)
[/quote]

This is not a criticism. Your artistic abilities are exceptional.

I’m just wondering: the coin is so bright and shiny, could the dolphin be a little bit more shiny, too? Like it has just jumped out of the ocean on a sunny day and its skin is wet, so the sun reflects off of the dolphin’s curving wet skin just a little bit, too?

As is, it is stunning. Beautiful.

Thank You Much.

[quote=“NewMoneyEra, post:37, topic:1228”]DancingBear, you are a talent!

Excellent Idea! Great Execution!

Exceptional Art!!!

Thank You[/quote]

I do agree that DancingBear is talented.

I do not agree that this version works. Namely because the dophin is covering up the Peercoin “P” portion of the logo. Now we have a mascot that is covering up and hiding our logo. That’s counter productive.

We need to fire the mascot and he just started work. :slight_smile:

It’s like having a big tree in the way when you take a picture of a building.

If we are going to use the coin, and the Peercoin leaf “P”, it should be visible. I don’t have a suggestion on how we can accomplish it, but I feel it is important.

Also, our mascot will be having speaking engagements either in a cartoon, or in costume at an event. So the dolphin itself isn’t branded… Will he always be coming out of the coin?

It would look too weird if some one was dressed up as an exploding coin at the super bowl for instance, with an Alien version of a dolphin coming out of their stomach.

[quote=“ppcman, post:39, topic:1228”]Now we have a mascot that is covering up and hiding our logo. That’s counter productive.

We need to fire the mascot and he just started work. :)[/quote]

Hilarious! :wink: