[xolominer] How to compile and run in linux

Managed to get my i5 3570k stable at 4.5ghz (for some reason it just wont get stable at 4.6!) and now I am getting a little over 4000pps. Very happy :slight_smile:

Hello- I have been trying to recompile using cpu optimizations and havenā€™t had much luck- when I recompiled with CFLAGS nothing happened, so I used -B to force it to recompile and am getting the following error:

In file included from db.cpp:6:0:
db.h:14:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/db.o] Error 1
aaron@debian:~/xolominer/src$ In file included from db.cpp:6:0:

I deleted everything and resynched with git and am getting the same errorā€¦ anyone have any ideas?

[quote=ā€œavandesande, post:22, topic:825ā€]Hello- I have been trying to recompile using cpu optimizations and havenā€™t had much luck- when I recompiled with CFLAGS nothing happened, so I used -B to force it to recompile and am getting the following error:

In file included from db.cpp:6:0:
db.h:14:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/db.o] Error 1
aaron@debian:~/xolominer/src$ In file included from db.cpp:6:0:

I deleted everything and resynched with git and am getting the same errorā€¦ anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

Which operating system? You are missing libdb+Ā±dev.

Hello donschoe,

This is an excellent collection of info for compiling primeminer from source.

The Debian 7.2.0 Wheezy x64 is what I used for Linux Mint 16
So far everything has worked correctly.

Thank you,
e

How to compile and run primeminer on Ubuntu 10.04?

[quote=ā€œxolokram, post:18, topic:825ā€]TODO: add the CentOS 5.9 howto
itā€™s somewhere in the official / tech support forum (lately)[/quote]

Finally managed to compile it on CentOS 5.7.
Will write a short guide, after I get some sleep :slight_smile:

So, nooby question here, but I have tried compiling with these scripts both on Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.10, and the entire compilation process completes without any error messages, but at the end there is no primeminer executable. Running ls -a shows the xolominer directory but no .primeminer, and I have run find on the whole directory tree, to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions? I am stumped.

In my case, after compilation the primeminer executable resides in the xolominer/src directory. Also the name doesnā€™t have dot, only ā€œprimeminerā€.

Dear Peshoo,

I have primeminer in xolominer/src as you mention. When I try running it I get

primeminer: command not found.

The file permissions are: -rwxr-xr-x

Paradox. Either you have errors or you have primeminer. You cant have neither of them Please check your logs and post your errors here.

Thanks donschoe and peshooo for the offers of help. When I ran the command correctly (as in ./primeminer [ā€¦all correct arguments hereā€¦]), it works.
Nooby question, nooby answer. :o

Hey Guys

having trouble running xolominer in ubuntu

Iā€™ve followed donschoe instructions to the letter and only changed to repo to donschoe repo as the old one listed does not contain the required makefile

When I start the miner the 8 workers start and I get

Hello World and GoGoGo on all 8

Then I get

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injectorboost::system::system_error > what(): resolve: Host not found (authoritative)

Been on this for 3 hours and googled and searched this and other coin forums and now stuck.

Any ideas guys??

Thanks

Chris

hi,
i think youā€™re mixing up versions right now

this thread / guide is written for an older (read: slower) version, and donschoe repository is containing old code

i recommend the newest version of the miner which can be found there:
experimental / faster OR stable

tryā€¦ (this is for v0.9 & v1.x)

<everything from the guide until "git clone ...", then>

git clone <choose a repository url from the websites above (stable or experimental)> xolominer

# Go to source and compile the code
mkdir xolominer/bin
cd xolominer/bin
cmake ..
make

# Start mining
./primeminer -pooluser=[xpm-payout-address] -poolip=[choose-your-server] -poolport=1337 -genproclimit=[threads-to-use]

i hope this will work (it should work)
if you have problems, come back here, good luck

Dude. Thank you so much.

Finally someone in the mining community who has the decency to help a newbie :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll start again from the beginning and see how I go and yes iā€™ll be back if I need help

If I can make this profitable (i.e. earnings>elec bill) (My servers are free BTW - I own a Server dealership) I will be able to contribute more to the pool. Possibly 100ā€™s+++ of servers

PS: If anyone knows the best ways to get the most from my servers please do send me a message as I would be happy to chat this through

Thanks

Chris

profitability could be a problem

the network size / difficulty is -VERY- high

donā€™t expect bazilions of coins floating in :-X