Wrong Balance on Mac Client

Hello. I am looking for help with my wallet. I am running the latest client for Mac but the balance shown in my wallet is not correct. I’m shown having a balance of 3.409537 PPC which is everything coming from to a specific address. It is almost like the balance is ignoring transactions that come in on a specific address. I am missing 21.2 PPC because they show as incoming, never leave, but don’t show in my balance. It says that the transactions have been verified and they used to appear in my balance until the last update.

I am running Mac OSX 10.9 and I am mining with the D7 pool on 6 ASIC miners controlled by a RaspberryPi which is headless and I monitor from my Mac.

I tried relaunching the wallet and forcing a rescan and I have backed up my addr.dat and wallet.dat and reinstalled the client. Does anybody have any advice?

[center]
[/center]

Hi, cmdaan.

There are a couple of things that you can try. My initial thought is that there was a network glitch or database issue when your wallet attempted to write the incoming transactions to your balance. The coins actually “live” in the blockchain, so you’re not out anything, we just need to get your client to recognize that they are out there.

You can try these suggestions in order. To run them, use the debug console that you can access from the file menu.

1. In the debug console, type in the command, checkwallet . This checks that the “spent” state of the transactions stored in the wallet matches the state on the current best blockchain. If any discrepancy is found let me know.

2. In the debug console, type in the command, repairwallet . This command will check your wallet against the transaction index, fix spent states if necessary, and remove any orphans.

3. Finally, if neither of those work for you, let me know and I can help you clear out the block index and you can let it synchronize with the network again.

Thanks for the reply, how do I actually open up the debug console? I tried running those commands as arguments when launching the app from the command line.

cmdann, check the File menu in the upper-left corner of the screen, after the app is open.

I found the console it was hidden under the search bar under help haha. I ran the commands, here was the oputput:

19:17:55 checkwallet

19:17:55
{
“mismatched spent coins” : 3,
“amount in question” : 21.20000000
}

19:18:22 repairwallet

19:18:23
{
“mismatched spent coins” : 3,
“amount affected by repair” : 21.20000000
}

Seems to have repaired the balance because it is now displaying the proper amount. Thanks for your help.

Great to hear. Enjoy!

Hi Iam newly registered, somehow I cannot post a new topic so I ask here:

I had running my client last night and now my balance is nearly zero and nearly all my coins are now displayed in the field “Stake”. Is this right? Will the coins move from “Stake” to “Balance” again?

[quote=“McMoneysack, post:7, topic:2654”]Hi Iam newly registered, somehow I cannot post a new topic so I ask here:

I had running my client last night and now my balance is nearly zero and nearly all my coins are now displayed in the field “Stake”. Is this right? Will the coins move from “Stake” to “Balance” again?[/quote]

yes in 520 blocks, congratulations you found a proof of stake block :slight_smile: