Why the gigantic drop in PPC price?

well we are under a dollar now, speculations?

I think BTC will reach $200-300 level (~ miner’s cost these days). PPC price depends on Peercoin’s application (e.g. Nubits). If Peercoin’s value is revealed after BTC goes down below $300, we will see PPC/USD automatically going below $0.5. What a test.

Ugh, I finally sold. The downward momentum is too strong, I’m going to watch it closely and buy in when it is lower (hopefully lol). I think my average buy in was about 1.3, so I’m out 30+%, though luckily I didn’t put that much money in so far. PPC just keeps breaking support levels and the “rebounds” are only like a few k worth of buys, so it feels like everyone is selling.

Good luck.

I have the opposite approach: the more people sell, the cheaper it gets. I would rather buy something valuable when it’s cheap. See also Contrarian Investing. So:

1. Is Peercoin valuable?
  2. Is it cheap?

Maybe “yes” to both questions. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

I have the opposite approach: the more people sell, the cheaper it gets. I would rather buy something valuable when it’s cheap. See also Contrarian Investing. So:

1. Is Peercoin valuable?
  2. Is it cheap?

Maybe “yes” to both questions. :)[/quote]
Hmm, we have now dropped to levels before mid November 2013. That is the time I started buying my first PPC. The decrease is across most alt-coins though, except a few pump-and-dumps. It seems that some think Bitcoin is a better investment at least in the short term given the current rates. The lack of demand due to the European Summer Holidays (people spending their savings/) is not helping either. Hopefully this ends in 2-3 weeks time. Will see.

I don’t think the question is anymore whether Peercoin is a strong and valuable (no doubt) cryptoasset, but whether it is one of the most valuable and demanded cryptoassets. The competition is getting stronger and demand is diluted, but we are still in the top 10, so it is not that bad. However, it is clear to me that just continuing what we are doing won’t be good enough.

Nubits, the release of client v0.5, existing and new development projects and our increasing marketing efforts will all be needed in the next months and into the next year. I’m here for the long haul and not selling… The future is crypto and Peercoin is one of the best and cheapest!

The major altcoins got absolutely demolished today. Only Ripple and Maidsafecoin survived unscathed. ::slight_smile:

[quote=“Chronos, post:24, topic:2457”]Good luck.

1. Is Peercoin valuable?
  2. Is it cheap?

Maybe “yes” to both questions. :)[/quote]

Well, I bailed at 0.9ish and bought back in at 0.67 average, so I guess that worked out. Got a lot more coins for my money.

Then someone on BTC-E dumped 1500 BTC in one go while I was asleep last night, and then almost 20k PPC got dumped as well so now I’m down another 10% T_T

Im buying on Mondays slowly. I love this low price. If it drops below 0.30 usd, I’ll be going nuts on buying.

there’s an incredible massive offer of ppc on btc-e. looks like someone has tons of this coin to sell. I believed the market was pretty much clear for a new rally, but I’ve been proven wrong. Didn’t quite understand the last buyer who squeezed the price and bought around 150k at 0.00313 and then at 0.00303 a couple of weeks ago. Is he the seller now? I highly doubt it. Why buy that high when there looks to be a huge offer?

I can’t find it. Do you remember how many coins were being sold? Also, maybe it explains: Reddit - Dive into anything

if i were a whale, which i am not, i would be able to manipulate this small market up and down and massively trade NBTPPC on the side for profit.

Fascinating Comment! I am not a whale either, unfortunately.

Could you please fill your comment out with some more detail? Add flesh to the bone. I understand that BTC-e, the largest PPC exchange by far, could easily be price manipulated by a whale. How would you trade NBTPPC accordingly? What would you bet? How would you win? Who would lose?

I haven’t been following Nubits too closely yet. I guess I’ve been waiting for the dust to settle, or maybe, for comments like yours to come in. Can you please shine some more light on this for me?

Thanks for your initial interesting thought.

am not a pro but here it goes:
(assumed you are a hodler but want to trade so now and then)

• at support:

• test the waters by selling some ppc, If the price drops as there aren’t enough buyers, buy ppc at lower support, happy times to get it cheap. If the price stays since there are willing buyers then buy lots more for long position.
  • at resistance:

• test the waters and buy some ppc
    • if market goes up, resistance broken, happy times
    • if price stays, there are enough sellers, start hedging and buy nbt with ppc, this wont affect the market much as the sell wall nbt-bots are present. Start selling ppc to get the market moving. At lower support , get rid of nbt for ppc knowing the buy bot will be there. Hedge succeeded, happy times as you now have more ppc than before the price drop.

Do take note that the above is all theory and may not work if i were to put actual numbers behind every move. :omg:

@thehuntergames

You seem to be knowledgeable in trading - any book/resource recommended to trade cryptos, in particular?

Thanks!

Where is the BTC-E whale? I haven’t seen any… ???

Years ago I bought a pdf written by a guy who traded treasuries at home solely by looking at the ticker tape. No charts and lines, just at the orderbook.
His screen was a little like the ladder / The DOM here http://www.tradewiththeflow.com/2010/10/29/a-look-back-on-my-journey-part-8-order-flow/

Anyways he showed me how real operators work and how he tried to ride the wave as a scalper. So I know the theory a little, but it takes a lot of practice to recognise real time action and act on it. I am too slow nor have the skill for that but I am always curious to learn how this works

Sorry forgot his name or the title.