Why is my stake 0.00?

I have had a bunch of PPC for over a month, yet my stake is listed as 0.00 in the PPC client. I have my wallet set up to mint ("Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked for block minting only), yet nothing happens with a zero stake… (and yes, I have downloaded the entire block chain…)

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

I am using v0.3 on OSX. You can verify that I should have enough coin stake for minting here: PHKbZenKRWvNsq9bcuKAkhQrTQ9UbXEm3W

Thanks!

When you have mined a block, your staked balance will show up in the stake column and return to your normal balance after 520 blocks.

So your stake appears only AFTER minting a block? That doesn’t seem logical if that is indeed how it works.

So your stake appears only AFTER minting a block? That doesn’t seem logical if that is indeed how it works.[/quote]
Yes, only after minting a block. Keep in mind that there are lots of PoS miners competing with each other at the same time.

So your stake appears only AFTER minting a block? That doesn’t seem logical if that is indeed how it works.[/quote]

I’ve always wondered if this was confusing for others, too (it was for me the first time I looked at it). What that should read is “staked”, rather than “stake”. Once you solve a block with proof-of-stake, the input that was utilized is locked for 520 confirmations, and the amount moves from your “balance” to “stake”. This is because you’ve used it to prove that you held those coins and therefore, it was “put up for stake” (ref: the third use of the term)

Also your transactions are small, therefore the total coinage is small and it will take you some time to find the POS.

[quote=“lunokhod, post:1, topic:2166”]I have had a bunch of PPC for over a month, yet my stake is listed as 0.00 in the PPC client. I have my wallet set up to mint ("Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked for block minting only), yet nothing happens with a zero stake… (and yes, I have downloaded the entire block chain…)

Does anyone have any idea why this is the case?

I am using v0.3 on OSX. You can verify that I should have enough coin stake for minting here: PHKbZenKRWvNsq9bcuKAkhQrTQ9UbXEm3W

Thanks![/quote]

I am just cross-linking. For the (probable) explanation look here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2638.0