Who the hell is selling all these PPC

Because:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/39r20v/btce_stole_100_bitcoins_from_me_and_i_have_no/

and

We’ve also been blessed by a visit of the well-known BTC-E trader “fontas” on IRC, who also had the same issue with them last week. He said:

[...] 00:02:29 Thireus: hey fontas 00:02:37 Thireus: what's up bro 00:02:54 Thireus: why did they ban you? 00:03:13 Thireus: have you been able to withdraw your coins/cash at least? 00:05:34 fontas: hey hey bro 00:05:41 fontas: some is inside btc-e 00:05:48 fontas: around 450 btc 00:05:53 fontas: rest i withdraw 00:06:11 Thireus: damn 00:06:40 Thireus: that's a lot of cash, so what happens when they ban you? is there any chance you can get these coins back? 00:07:17 Thireus: I guess the latest resort is law… but if you want to stay anon that will be difficult 00:07:21 fontas: nope i forget this story [...]

Two complains during the same week about BTC-E now processing with care coins/cash that are about to leave their platform. I don’t think these two users are the same person.

Edit: Apparently the first case was resolved, the user who complained was the real thief Reddit - Dive into anything, but it didn’t help with BTC-E’s reputation.

last post from chemicstry from april 2014, here’s his profile with his own words:

Hello!

About me
My nickname is originally Intel but since it’s very common and usually taken everywhere so I use chemicstry (Yes the spelling mistake is intended :smiley: ).
A hard gamer. This keeps me from working on more important things :-[

Peercoin Role
Running http://ppcoin.d7.lt/ pool. Applied for developer position too.

Other projects / experience
A lot of programming experience, mostly from games. Had world of warcraft (TrinityCore is a true masterpiece, this is where I learnt a lot about C++ and coding style), source games, lineage, minecraft and a lot more other game servers but no long term one. Probably because they are just my programming playground until I get bored and move to the next game :smiley: Currently working on javascript based runescape bot. I know that’s silly but it’s quite interesting experience :slight_smile:
Languages that I know well: C++, PHP, Javascript, HTML.
Languages that I have dealt with: lua, pascal, python, ruby, java, sourcepawn… Can’t really name them all, I like trying new things
I also dream of setting up a datacenter one day ::slight_smile:
ReplyQuoteNotify

I’m not sure it’s him. Wait a few minutes I will have the answer.

TL;DR: This early miner was maybe named “Unknown” on D7 Pool. Proof below and on http://thireus.com/PEERCOIN/D7_Pool_Investigation_1.xlsx.

Proof that PL76PDTYrgPz4KAXRg1r2Y8YFARf9m3Ynr was D7 Pool:

First transaction out from D7 Pool (which contains the #49615 reward):

Block #49615’s reward was found by the user “irish” of D7 Pool: https://web.archive.org/web/20130524235414/https://ppcoin.d7.lt/

Proof that PN38i2cU9p2oKeg6XHxyoy8jUCypoSNdB9 was the user named “Unknown” on D7 Pool:

76 block rewards were needed to pay PN38i2cU9p2oKeg6XHxyoy8jUCypoSNdB9’s initial withdrawal from D7 Pool.

The user Unknown had a ratio of 60% which may correspond to the increase of blocks found and not withdrawn on D7 Pool https://web.archive.org/web/20130524235414/https://ppcoin.d7.lt/ during the period: 16/05/2013 and 29/05/2013 (proof in Excel Document)

Just before 16/05/2013 (period during which this user did not operate, the amount of blocks to be withdrawn from D7 Pool was around 18. After the period during which our user operated, this number drastically increased of 157 blocks (it was after the announcement of D7 Pool allowing withdrawals). As seen in tx: 06042f2c6…0dca, PN38i2cU9p2oKeg6XHxyoy8jUCypoSNdB9 76 full block rewards were needed to pay this user. If that can be proven that the user “Unkown” kept a ratio of 60% or so, he found at most and around 94 blocks of these 157 blocks (assuming other users who also joined during this period did not withdraw as well), which corresponds to our observations.

Now the question is… who is this user named “Unknown”?

Edit: I’m not 100% this user corresponds to the profile, we can see that he was still mining in 2014, which is apparently not the case of our early miner https://web.archive.org/web/20140327084813/https://ppcoin.d7.lt/stats

few hours ago someone sold 20k down to 140. definitely looks like dumb money. you can’t sell the breakout like that. idiotic

20K PPC is nothing at this price, there was more than 100K PPC bought the past few hours. He sold 20K because he eventually made +5% profit within 24h and that was good enough for him. Others are holding. But of course in a uptrend people buy and some may eventually sell when they make a good profit or because they are scared it will go down… that should never be a surprise.

possibly, but why selling at market down 5 ticks, (was 145 bid already), and now they are paying 160 (lost an easy 10%). short term traders… bah, I’m in for the long haul (5$ or more).

possibly, but why selling at market down 5 ticks, (was 145 bid already), and now they are paying 160 (lost an easy 10%). short term traders… bah, I’m in for the long haul (5$ or more).[/quote]

You keep saying you are “I’m in for the long haul” yet here you are trying to analyse and draw conclusions from daytraders / speculators / people unaware of PPC other than it listed on an exchange and people clearly NOT “in for the long haul”

I have to say a number of your posts have confused my little mind as to the purpose of them, and i wonder what size “bag holders” really are and if you are only “I’m in for the long haul” as you bought at $5+ and don’t want to loose your money by trading now… there are margins to make trades and if that what you are into then action like today and over last few weeks would have been great for traders to claw some profit back in a falling market of over a year. If you are not a day trader then I advise you don’t study the markets so much!! flling price for a year gets depressing!! why not have a look at some development projects on peercoin, plenty on peer4commit that have funding and need work. Or how about marketing and advertising ideas? I find speculation on the value of peercoin and who are the sellers and buyers as seen from data from exchanges to become a big guessing game that essentially leads nowhere. Time can be better spent / invested elsewhere unless this is your job and day trading is what you do / are into / get paid for.

Fuzzybear

Daytrading eats your soul - I know from experience :))
Fuzzy you sure have a point there! These days I spend more time developing something I hope I will be able to connect to the Peecoin network someday and it actually feels much, much more positive somehow. Probably because I’m creating something and not only sucking out purchasing power from the void.

Yeah, you just know when someone is a daytrader when they get so excited about how the price moved over the course of one day.

People look at past and speculate on future, hence the market is a feedback loop and price is an expression of crowd consensus over time.
Profit and less is a logarithmic phenonmena.
But since there is no objective right and no wrong, price finds its value by oscillating between perceived levels of oversold and overbought.
Oscillation plus logarithmic returns over time, manifests itself as price action acting out in waves.
Since people are taking positions on all timeframes, the pattern is fractal in nature.
The end result is price action velocity moving in waves and counter-waves, on all timeframes.
The sum of all trades on all timeframes over time, is the volatility of the price.
As trends develops, positions are established and levels of supply and demand builds up.
As these levels are broken, the dam bursts and volatility follows.
At volatility sinks back, the opportunity of making money fast is limited.
Like grasshoppers, speculators moves onto the next asset they believe offers the quickest route to much profits.
Hence there are not only waves in price action for an asset, but also between different assets classes.
As a fundamental backdrop to it all, the price of borrowing, the number of historical and future participants in the market, creates additional waves of supply and demand.
Hence all prices moves in reference to eachother and everything moves in waves.

EDIT:
On that note I remember writing in the the peercointalk chat, that 7 June would mark either a violent breakdown or the start of a gradual upward trending price.
Take a look at this image: http://imgur.com/oHqxTPw
The day after 7 June price started doing just that. I predicted this date, 7 June, several weeks ago and I argue that the long term consolidaiton that I predicted when price went down to 166 is now coming to an end. Now I suspect we will see price sliowly working its way through resistance, consolidating and erasing shorts. In October I suspect that price will crash at least 20% on high volatility.
Yes Im crazy.

right now we have 200k ppc offered up to 200 for a total of 242 btc. Not much, litecoin traded over 10k btc yesterday, just a whale with 1000 btc wanting to divert into ppc and 200 resistence will go down as a glass of water. also the chinese are trading massively ppc both on jubi e btc38. btc-e is not even that important now.

If you over-plot btc and altcoin prices with Chinese stock index you might see some connection.

I bought more today,I am almost more invested in PPC than BTC. After today’s talk by the bittards about blocksize e blasphemous hints at increasing the 21m market cap I think it’s the best move. Sunnyking foresaw all this shit on the bitcoin long ago and he has been proved right at last! I believe sooner or later someone with deep pockets will get to the same conclusion. PoS is better than PoW. PPC is better than BTC and way too much undervalued here. Long live PPC.

Yea, what’s this 21 million change thing? What the h3ll is Mr M. talking about? That kind of talk from a prominent person, handpicked by Satoshi could be incredibly damaging.

I can’t agree more!

twobitidiot (he’s the guy who told the world about mtgox insolvency) jumped to the same conclusion I got to long ago: after the next 2 halvings and without massive adoption (which can bring a huge increase in transaction fees) bitcoin inflation won’t be enough to subsidy the miners through inflation (currently at 10% vs 4% on ppc), hence the necessity to raise the 21m cap. they need adoption and they need it soon or 1) bitcoin’s security will be gone with most of the miners 2) they will be forced to commit FRAUD vs all bitcoin’s holders who believe in the iron cap of 21m.

Therefore there could be lots of room for alts. Some as litecoin can provide transactions at lower fee and a higher inflation for two more years than bitcoin without the need to do any change to the protocol, it definitely has some advantages compared to bitcoin and that’s why its price is raising. I don’t rule out we can see 0.025 again by end of the year.

Some other as ppc can provide an alternative model (PoS) vs a partially flawed PoW. Overall I say, way to go!