When will PPC truly rise?

2013 we saw a huge increase in the price of BTC and wide-spread adoption.

What year are you expecting to see the rise of PPC, and why?

first I thought 2015, but things are moving so fast in cryptoworld, I cant keep up with it , cant be surprised if it will be 1 year earlier

What does rise mean to you?

Litecoin levels or Bitcoin levels?

We’ll probably see Litecoin levels in 2014, but it might take a bit for Bitcoin levels.

Once it can be traded safely on major mainstream financial channels. PPC is perfectly designed to be a digital version of gold, I could easily see it being used as a hedge against stock market volatility once it is more widely distributed.

we’ll see the coin gains more value when the cold lock minting is possible. Surpass LTC ? Yes, very likely, even LTC gets adopted as widely as BTC, its value will only be capped at 1/4 BTC. But honestly, every alts are worthless in the long run against BTC as so far, no alts coming with blown away features to overcome the early lead of BTC. Right now alts just act like a bumper when BTC price pullback. When POS minting network gets so huge that even my mom uses her ipad to mint, it’s interesting to see if the mainstream crowd still ignore Peercoin.

Fact that /r/Dogecoin is 5 times larger than /r/Peercoin confirms the worthless of alts.

I don’t understand how these worthless, unknown joke coins get so many people to support them. ???

I don’t understand how these worthless, unknown joke coins get so many people to support them. ???[/quote]

They create a new coin that is pre-mined a billion or a trillion coins, and then the 5 people who own all of them get it added on to an exchange somewhere and then trade them back and forth between each-other for a few cents, and walla you have a multi-million dollar market cap instantaneously. It is nothing more than a bunch of scams. Example Dogdecoin, Nxt, Quark, etc…then people get sucked into buying them because they are looking at the massive gains and are blinded by greed.

Jan 2014 - Feb 2014.

10 Fold+

my reason is that ppc is currently undervalued and most people know that.

but since most people are in for the profits especially those big investors, they studied the trends and unfortunately they have chosen btc and ltc as their preferred investment as it is more profitable for the moment they are in now. But i believe that once some more people decides to invest in ppc which will drive the price up and once the investors sees this opportunity they will ditch ltc and switch all funds from ltc to ppc then…the rise in price is going to be unthinkable. But for this to happen, those with ppc should hold on to their holdings and not sell off too easily as this drops the price. be patient and everyone will be rewarded.

its only logical as ppc has more advantage over btc and definitely ltc. ltc is a copycat version of bitcoin which made its way up for being early but sooner than later ltc is going to be taken down of its 2nd place glory. and i believe it is ppc that shall take that seat. i mean why would a inferrior coin that is almost identical to btc stay on the top spots?

as for bitcoin, im sure it will stay on the first spot for long time as it deserves it for bringing crypto currency to us all.

shortselling ltc would be a great hedge to the cryptocoin volatility because ltc is doomed but daily price-changes are higlhy correlated wth btc/ppc.

[quote=“Alertness, post:8, topic:1213”][…]
It is nothing more than a bunch of scams. Example Dogdecoin, Nxt, Quark, etc…then people get sucked into buying them because they are looking at the massive gains and are blinded by greed.[/quote]

I completely agree. It is very obvious for Dogecoin and Quark. And it is quite sad that this appears to be true for Nxt as well, as the idea of creataing a “PoS only” is attractive.
To bad that I don’t know of a way to distribute the coins adequately. And too bad that the Nxt creator(s) didn’t know either. The current model makes it a scam.
Peercoin’s PoW as its current main generation mechanism for coins allows a fairer distibution.

I think the market adoption for Peercoin could rise 2014 significantly.
People start to get attracted by Bitcoin by all the news. That raises some interest in crypto coins in general. And that will lead some to interest in Peercoin in detail. I think this has already started as can be seen at the PPC/BTC trading pair. And I expect a big boost in the next months.
…and I bet SHA-256 ASIC mining devices will play some role in that game…

So my guess is the first half of 2014 as the beginning of the rise of Peercoin.

Nxt is very likely not a scam, every people interested had the opportunity for a month to invest a few satoshis. Although, in my opinion, Peercoin’s distribution model is fairer as Nxt’s. But I think Nxt is a real competitor for PPC - it takes the PPC idea of energy-efficiency even further as a PoS-only coin. We will see if it succeeds. What I don’t like from Nxt is that they are so scared about clones and didn’t open source the code at launch.

PPC has the advantage of a higher security level due to its hybrid model and the better-reviewed codebase, but as both are cousins with the same potential problems and advantages Nxt can learn from PPC (and PPC from Nxt, obviously, once the source code has been published).

In my opinion PPC will begin to rise “truly” when cold-locked transactions are implemented and the GUI client gets easier to use. Also, a solution must be found for the transactions fees problem (that’s another thing PPC has in common with Nxt, Nxt in relation to money supply has a even higher minimum transaction fee which would be equivalent to 0,03-0,05 PPC).

[quote=“d5000, post:12, topic:1213”]Nxt is very likely not a scam, every people interested had the opportunity for a month to invest a few satoshis. Although, in my opinion, Peercoin’s distribution model is fairer as Nxt’s. But I think Nxt is a real competitor for PPC - it takes the PPC idea of energy-efficiency even further as a PoS-only coin. We will see if it succeeds. What I don’t like from Nxt is that they are so scared about clones and didn’t open source the code at launch.
[…][/quote]

While we have different measures for scam I accept your assessment. One might call Peercoin scam due to an uneven distribution in its early days (and it still might be not very evenly distributed; but hey: what about Bitcoin then? :wink: ). The difference I see is that you could start mining Peercoin right from the beginning, having the source code, seeing that it works. But you had to invest in Nxt based on a promise. That didn’t make it easier to achieve a wide distribution…

The one thing that Peercoin might learn from Nxt though is that once the PoW has created enough coins, the ratio between PoS and PoW could be adjusted (repeatedly) to phase out PoW over some time, because Nxt might prove that PoS works for sustaining a crypto coin network!

I don’t like Peercoin because it is Peercoin. I like it because of its great design. But even that has some room for improvement (fixed transaction fee, energy consumption by PoW).

Of all crypto coins I know, Peercoin is the best designed. Let’s keep it at the top! That is a good basis for a solid rise!

I fully agree here. The closed-source approach is the main weakness of Nxt.

The one thing that Peercoin might learn from Nxt though is that once the PoW has created enough coins, the ratio between PoS and PoW could be adjusted (repeatedly) to phase out PoW over some time, because Nxt might prove that PoS works for sustaining a crypto coin network!

Exactly, that’s what I thought too. All these comments in the forums “PoS is flawed and Peercoin only exists because of the checkpoints” will be part of the past and PPC also will benefit from this. The other thing could be the transaction fees. We’ll see if the Nxt community is democratic (as the founders claim) and can choose the value they find useful.

I don't like Peercoin because it is Peercoin. I like it because of its great design. But even that has some room for improvement (fixed transaction fee, energy consumption by PoW). Of all crypto coins I know, Peercoin is the best designed. Let's keep it at the top! That is a good basis for a solid rise!

I agree that from actual cryptos Peercoin is one of the best out there. Although what I really would like to see in the near future is a coin designed for stability. Nxt will be - in my opinion - even more volatile than PPC and BTC because of the extremely deflationary design. The only coin I know that tries to solve this problem is not even released, it’s eMunie, and it’s also closed source until now.

Well but now I’ve gone well off topic :smiley: I think PPC has very good chances to stay in the top group of the crypto scene, even taking into account new players like Nxt and eMunie.

Will pay cash for any New York based ppc expert who can setup a ppc wallet (daemon and qt) on a Macbook.
Our NYC friends are all into other coins and the tutorials listed on this site (and we have read them all) don’t work. It is the daemon in particular that we are having trouble with. (Again, we have been over Larkins, roots ical, Ben sha256 etc, etc tutorials.)

My wife is going nuts with this and i’m not too far behind. We don’t care about Christmas either–lol. :wink:

R$VP

G

Peercoin does appear to be an important player. I believe, with the current standings, peercoin will be one of the more successful coins; but who knows what will be invented next tomorrow? Bitcoin, for me, seems to be aging fast; those confirmation times are really slow. Peercoin is quicker, but this is an update most new coins have and of course Peercoin has PoS, which I don’t need to discuss.

I bought into litecoin just before its quick rise, but I feel that is success if down to Max Keiser and the people who felt they had missed the boat with bitcoin despite watching it for a while (me). My investments are not bit, I’m not rich, and I have since exchanged all my litecoins for peercoins because of good research. Of course Peercoin had a similar rise in price at the same time. Since then I have been comparing a lot on coinmarketcap and it is interesting to see that Peercoin appears to outperform litecoin slightly but consistently. Hopefully this will be a slow, steady and stable climb upwards as people become more literate on cryptocurrencies. I wouldn’t like to see massive gains as it would tarnish its image. Stability is key now, albeit hopeful.

Peercoin has the “first move advantage” over other coins like Nxt. Byt the time people come to trust Nxt, Peercoin may well have switched over to PoS anyway. I hadn’t heard of eMunie until now.

Possible catalysts for PPC growth:

1. Implementation of minting with locked wallet
  2. Complete removal of checkpointing
  3. mtGox adopts PPC and other altcoins
  4. General cryptocurrency market growth (BTC, etc.)
  5. Promotion activities (Conference attendance, youtube videos, etc.)
  6. Transaction fee rework

When just PPC/USD was added on BTC-E.com, PPC/BTC ratio almost tripled within 24 hours at one point. Note that trading volume in BTC-e.com is just a tenth of mtgox. If PPC was added to mtgox, at the very least, the value might multiply 30 fold instantly. The rewards far exceed the risk so I’m putting most of my money on PPC for 2014.

PPC will rise when the following seven steps occur:

1. A straight PPC to U$D redemption without the need to trade for BTC before redemption.
  2. A wallet that is easy to download and understand for the AVERAGE user–easy setup in both Windows and Mac OSX. (The daemon is not fun. Just sayin.)
  3. Listed on MT Gox and all other exchanges.
  4. A full marketing push featuring websites, landing pages, social network link, more videos, promotions, PPC conferences/Meetups, givaways, wide multiple forum presence–“spin”
  5. Fully decoupled from the BTC stranglehold, so that it is not traded in lockstep with every fluctuation of BTC. (This works well with recommendation #1.)
  6. A NON-ANONYMOUS public figure who speaks intelligently and responsibly about PPC without any anarcho/crypto vibe. Think “Winklevoss” type. (A female figure would be an interesting and welcome change.)
  7. “Peercoin, the eco-friendly coin” Any content must fully highlight differences to BTC by consistently using “sticky” language, like what is shown in #7.

Thank you

greenman

Peercoin is already truly rising. It is just recovering from a major correction when the price spiked over 100% in 1 day. Since September, Peercoin has been increasing on average about 2%+ per day. If you bought in at the high, it will pick back up again, don’t worry. There was just a massive flooding of coins poured onto the market when the price spiked. Probably a few million coins… Once all of these coins get absorbed, it will be back on the upward track.

[quote=“greenman, post:18, topic:1213”]PPC will rise when the following seven steps occur:

1. A straight PPC to U$D redemption without the need to trade for BTC before redemption.[/quote]

I have an account on Vault of Satoshi and I really like them. You can exchange directly between USD and PPC on VOS. I think same is true at BTC-e and possibly other exchanges. I agree though that it would be good to increase the # of exchanges that do this because getting USD out of them may be more or less hassle and expense depending on where you reside (due not to the exchanges but to local regulations).