When should we release message to the public?

We are so enthuastic and eager to promoting peercoin here. I am thinking when should we release message to the public?

Take coindesk article for example, the releasing date was given to the public forum at least 24 hours before the actual release, however until now coindesk does not release it due to some reasonable causes. It’s a pity that some volunpeers and public audiences are disappointed after at least 24 hours waiting. As the present case, both coindesk and we volunpeers are embarrassed.

The enthuasim may disapper if it is not well handled. Personally I think the message can not be posted to the public until its actual release.

[quote=“Jimmy, post:1, topic:663”]We are so enthuastic and eager to promoting peercoin here. I am thinking when should we release message to the public?

Take coindesk article for example, the releasing date was given to the public forum at least 24 hours before the actual release, however until now coindesk does not release it due to some reasonable causes. It’s a pity that some volunpeers and public audiences are disappointed after at least 24 hours waiting. As the present case, both coindesk and we volunpeers are embarrassed.

The enthuasim may disapper if it is not well handled. Personally I think the message can not be posted to the public until its actual release.[/quote]

I’m not embarrassed. If the crypto community doesn’t understand things can change on a dime, they are in for a VERY VERY VERY painful crypto experience. The date got pushed, Bitcoin hit an all time high.

I’d love someone to replace me in a number of areas I’m spending time in. I know MeBeingAWesome will work on it once the push is over. If they want to take a different approach, I’ll support it 100%.

I hear where you’re coming from… I hope someone more systematic steps up.

I’m sorry to propose such a question if it is not a question. JustaBitofTime, you and all the volunteers cost a lot of time and do great work. It’s just my thought and suggestion how to reach a better press release. It’s better not to make it public before its release and just post it in the private forum to the volunteers.

Yes, for the enthusiastic volunteers we can understand any change in this field. However, for those stepping into peercoin/cryptocoins, they just need instant news. On the other hand, for coindesk as a news provider, they may be embarrassed because the message leaks before their news/article release. Of course I don’t know, but personally I think we should take care of it. If it is not in such a case, please just ignore it.

[quote=“Jimmy, post:3, topic:663”]I’m sorry to propose such a question if it is not a question. JustaBitofTime, you and all the volunteers cost a lot of time and do great work. It’s just my thought and suggestion how to reach a better press release. It’s better not to make it public before its release and just post it in the private forum to the volunteers.

Yes, for the enthusiastic volunteers we can understand any change in this field. However, for those stepping into peercoin/cryptocoins, they just need instant news. On the other hand, for coindesk as a news provider, they may be embarrassed because the message leaks before their news/article release. Of course I don’t know, but personally I think we should take care of it. If it is not in such a case, please just ignore it.[/quote]

I agree, a systematic approach would benefit us greatly. We have a number of volunpeers signed up but only a small percentage contributing. I figure once MeBeingAwesome is able to have 1-on-1s, the flow should be a lot easier. Right now, it feels like drinking through a fire-hose.

A great as a community needs to be ironed out!