What services or tools does Peercoin need?

Hello,

A user on /r/peercoin on reddit just asked what peercoin services are needed, and that he was willing to help build a few of them.

Could you post the services you think peercoin could benefit from/Needs below,

and perhaps answer his question here(http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/1q67pi/new_to_peercoin_ready_to_help_what_would_you_like/)

Thanks.

1. Online/mobile wallet that can do POS minting?
  2. Charts. I want to know the POS difficulty and POS hashrate?

Hi guys, I’m that user. You can reply here, I’ll read (and reply!).

Keep in mind that I’m new: I have some technical background on cryptocurrencies (some cryptography knowledge, read the bitcoin original paper, etc) but I’m no expert. So you may not want to ask me to set up an exchange or similar advanced and “critical” applications. I mean, I may be able to do it, but I’ll have to read and study a lot before, and I’ll still be less “ready” for it that a lot of other users.

Here’s the original message I posted on Reddit:

Hi guys! I'm new to Peercoin, just downloaded the wallet yesterday. Fortunately for me the block chain is not as big as the bitcoin one! (yet) I noticed that Peercoin does not have the same number of "services" (apps, tools, websites, ...) that Bitcoin and Litecoin have, and I would like to help in this matter. I have some spare time (not loads, but enough), so: what would you like me to do? What do you think Peercoin needs? I can develop Android apps, web tools; I can make nice charts and infographics; I can do some data analysis (I'm a Physics student). Let me know!

I would like to see a good real time chart that tracks the number of newly mined and minted PoW and PoS coins. We could really use an accurately up-to-date visual on these inflation rates. Then add features such as 30 day, 60 day, 90 day averages, etc.

Something like this http://cryptometer.org/ppcoin_104_week_charts.html with up-to-date, even realtime, info would pretty good. Basically most things on blockchain.info.

If you like to analyze, this http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=806.msg7457#msg7457 is an interesting project.

[quote=“redlee, post:2, topic:679”]1. Online/mobile wallet that can do POS minting?
2. Charts. I want to know the POS difficulty and POS hashrate?[/quote]

Posted these to him on reddit, a online/mobile wallet would be fucking cool. Def would be one of the first alt currencies to implement that.

Guys, there seems to be a serious lack of documentation (or at least I can’t find it). Most of the thing I get from bitcoin documentation and tools, but for peercoin changes (basically everything related to the proof-of-stake system) I’ll have to look in the source code.

Also, seems there is somewhere versions of Abe and maybe Bitcointools already adapted to peercoins. Does anyone knows where to find these adapted tools?

[quote=“LeartS, post:7, topic:679”]Guys, there seems to be a serious lack of documentation (or at least I can’t find it). Most of the thing I get from bitcoin documentation and tools, but for peercoin changes (basically everything related to the proof-of-stake system) I’ll have to look in the source code.

Also, seems there is somewhere versions of Abe and maybe Bitcointools already adapted to peercoins. Does anyone knows where to find these adapted tools?[/quote]

ABE was done by cryptoblockexplorer.com guy I was going to PM him when I get ABE setup fully on my server and then double check any differences between his and mine in the code.

PM Sunny King for info, he is an active member on these forums, he should be able to help you with documentation etc… but more serious point should not all this documentation be on the peercoin.org site? even if we set up a side wiki for it does that make sense? as this is not the first time a lack of technical info is just not out there or easily available.

Fuzzybear

A GUI button for turning on PoS would be KILLER. I feel like cryptocurrencies are above the average person’s head. Having to go in and play with files for the PoS is just too much.