What pool does everyone use

How do and greetings I have 10gh woop woop for now. Which pool does everyone use I use Fixx would any other pool net me more coins?

Thanks for your help

1. i wanna know too…!

I use Fixx’s pool (advertised in the adverts on this forum)

nice support, friendly pool, good hashrate, 0% pool fee (but as I know the server costs I encourage you to donate 1% earnings as I am)

http://ppc.fixx.ru/

used to use coinotron, but too many hoppers there and they got hacked and DDOSed hard a little while back

Fuzzybear

So Fixx earnings are bigger than Coinotron? Can I use GIMiner for this pool and what settings should I use, because mine is stuck at ‘starting…’

Please, PM me or reply here about how to start mining. i am complete noob. I have only used GUIMiner for LTCs. I have no idea how to start cgminer and did not find any noob-friendly tutorials. What exactly should I type into the command prompt?

I use to use coinotron, but sadly down at present…
now using aslo http://ppc.fixx.ru

i am new and i am trying the D7 pool: https://ppcoin.d7.lt/

+1 for D7, tried Coinotron and didn’t really like it. D7 has a great website.

https://ppcoin.d7.lt/ for me.
very good.

Hi all, I have yet to introduce myself in the introduction thread (will do so soon).

I use D7 as well and besides the long holding of coins for verification (almost 3 days) it’s a great pool with friendly well intentioned staff.

Definitely recommended.

is the beeeer pool worth it or not?

For mining Primecoins yes… we were all talking about mining Peercoins… Hope everyone is doing both! :slight_smile:

Fuzzybear

right now I’m on ypool, is there an advantage to switching to another pool?

Is there a pie chart somewhere for PPC mining pools? If I add the hashrates from the pools listed on the peercoin wiki, it totals to almost 50 Th. The difficulty of 35M suggests the total hashrate is around 250 Th. It seems unrealistic that there are so many solo miners on PPC. Am I missing something? Or is the 250 Th in my bfgminer completely off?

The advantage from one pool over another would be uptime, or lower fees. Also, bigger pools give a more steady income, smaller pools have more ups and downs

I could be barking up a wrong tree here but does the POS blocks not affect the POW difficulty? hence the discrepency in difficulty hashrate to pools hashrate

Fuzzybear

PPC has variable block timing (depends on PoS I think) which is currently ~1 hour unlike constant 10 min for bitcoin. That’s why you can’t really tell hashrate from difficulty. I haven’t looked well into peercoin block spacing code but what I do is calculate block spacing from the last blocks on blockchain explorer.

[quote=“FuzzyBear, post:15, topic:930”]I could be barking up a wrong tree here but does the POS blocks not affect the POW difficulty? hence the discrepency in difficulty hashrate to pools hashrate

Fuzzybear[/quote]

Ah yes I didnt think of pos affecting the difficulty! And I didnt know about the variable block times. So its only the pow part that amounts to 50 ish Th atm. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

I’m a beginner here. Can someone suggest something profitable than D7 pool? How about Coinotron? I’m also curious about the difficulty of hash rate.

Hi Judy,

The difficulty is going to be consistent across the whole Peercoin network, so if you are seeing a daily PPC yield of 1 PPC on D7, it’s likely you’ll see the same 1 PPC/day on Coinotron or Ecoining. Where there are differences is in how often the pool finds a block, on average. Large pools with a lot of active workers that quickly solve blocks have lower individual rewards, but typically more consistent payouts over time. Smaller pools that don’t solve blocks as frequently (because they have a lower number of active workers) can go for a while between payouts, but usually those payouts are higher.

Over a long enough period of time, say a month, they should average out to be about the same total payout.

The other difference would be if there are any pool fees. I believe D7 is still 1.5%, but I haven’t checked out Coinotron to see if they are more or less.

What type of hardware do you plan on mining with, and what hash rate are you currently getting? At this stage, and at the current market value of a peercoin, mining on anything less than an ASIC device is likely to cost more in energy spent than what you can earn from the pool.

Welcome to the community, and please let us know if you have any other questions!

[quote=“Ben, post:19, topic:930”]Hi Judy,

The difficulty is going to be consistent across the whole Peercoin network, so if you are seeing a daily PPC yield of 1 PPC on D7, it’s likely you’ll see the same 1 PPC/day on Coinotron or Ecoining. Where there are differences is in how often the pool finds a block, on average. Large pools with a lot of active workers that quickly solve blocks have lower individual rewards, but typically more consistent payouts over time. Smaller pools that don’t solve blocks as frequently (because they have a lower number of active workers) can go for a while between payouts, but usually those payouts are higher.

Over a long enough period of time, say a month, they should average out to be about the same total payout.

The other difference would be if there are any pool fees. I believe D7 is still 1.5%, but I haven’t checked out Coinotron to see if they are more or less.

What type of hardware do you plan on mining with, and what hash rate are you currently getting? At this stage, and at the current market value of a peercoin, mining on anything less than an ASIC device is likely to cost more in energy spent than what you can earn from the pool.

Welcome to the community, and please let us know if you have any other questions![/quote]

Great explanation. Thanks Ben!