Introduce Yourself - Important Links

Hi I’m SpringbokNZ,
I am new to cryptocurrency, I am messing around with antminer u2 and cgminer.
Hoping to learn more.

Hi I’m maverick,
Have been reading and learning as much as I can about Bitcoin, Peercoin, and other altcoins since early 2014. Bought some peercoin then and haven’t touched it since… Its the only coin I bought into. I believe peercoin is the best coin out there for multiple technical reasons. I also love the approach of peercoin’s developers in that they spend their time and resources constantly improving the technology and less time promoting and celebrating the currency. This tells me the people here believe in peercoin long term. I believe in it as well as the backbone cryptocurrency of the future.

3 Likes

Pretty interesting thread, I was about to post a similair thread. It’s surprising how much uneducated investors the crypto space has. You still see people invest in this shady and scammy coins. We really need more insights in the market and previous investment results (even though they don’t deliver any guarantee for the future). I really advice people to take a look at: https://www.coincheckup.com The site is my go to place for crypto investment analaysis and indepth coin research. See: https://www.coincheckup.com/coins/Peercoin#analysis To watch Peercoin Investment analysis.

hi everyone! i’m a crytpo newcomer and stumbled on Peercoin while learning about proof-of-work. looks like peercoin is much more scalable, but i’ll probably invest in BTC, ETH, and PPC equally. my interests outside of crypto are in the arts, and i have a history in coding but don’t do it right now. I’m choosing this time to invest in Crypto because fiat currencies look really unstable now

1 Like

Think I need to say a couple of words too. I’m javascript developer, experienced linux user, russian origin. Interested in learning cryptocurrencies since 2015. Peercoin for me is one of the most promising currencies on the market. Would to make crypto world a bit better.

5 Likes

It seems that some people are having a hard time keeping up to date on what is going on with Peercoin. This could possibly be due to the fact that the Developer Updates board is listed as a subcategory underneath General. The screen space for this board is very small, so unless someone is looking for it they might miss it completely. So I decided to change it from a subcategory to a parent category. I also changed the name to Team Updates and listed it as the first board at the very top of the forum for maximum exposure.

Also, I added flair icons for official team members. You can see an example on my avatar to the left.

2 Likes

Hello all, Im new on this mining coins stuff, so you will see me arround making lot of newbe questions :slight_smile:

So any tips are welcome, see you around.

1 Like

Hi Peers,

I’m MistaX, totally, totally, TOTALLY a NEWBIE (newer than new) to crypto-currency, I hope to learn a lot so please be patient. I don’t even know how to add money to get started, but I will learn, I got this far so that’s a plus.

Well let us know if you have any question and we can help.

I condensed the number of links in the first post, probably removing over 10 or 15.

Hi everyone, I am a newbie of this cryptoworld. I have signed in this forum because I have a problem. I have bought some Peercoins and have transferred them to the paper wallet generated @ wallet.peercointalk.org. I’ve tried to go to the websites indicated to verify the amount of peercoins in my wallet, but bkchain.org is not responding and ppc.blockr.io is redirecting me to Coinbase. Is there someone who can help me? Thanks in advance

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ppc/

1 Like

Thanks a lot Nagalim

Ok

Hi all and to the admin! I’m studying cryptocurrency and interested in supporting it. I need beginner’s guide in this topic. Thank you.

1 Like

Python is also very used in our community. Peerbox is an example of that.

Hello I’m Jameson and I’ve been surged into the crypto bubble but It’s fun adventure and exciting. It’s revolutionary and will always stay in the history books. I was there and I have been part of it. Further I don’t like apples so I go for the peercoin.

1 Like

Hi, Jameson

Welcome to crypto and Peercoin, hope you stick around in the “Peerforum”

Like you say, crypto’s in a bubble at the moment, so be cautious and patient in your investments - the values can go down as well as up

Hi all,
have traded PPC on an occasional basis since 2014.

When I thought PPC was dying in 2015/16, Saeveritt impressed us all with his die-hard faith, so I have been supporting the cause since.

Have an old Antminer S5 lying around, so have come here to start using it and help support the PPC blockchain.

6 Likes