Welcome to PrimecoinTalk. Introduce yourself to the community

‘hello world… of primecoin mining’. 8)

Hi,
Nice to see so many people taking interest in XPM.
We’ll be in touch! :slight_smile:

hello
have been interested in crypto coins for a while…
but forums are new to me…
so have a lot to learn…

Hello, I’m about a week old into the cryptocurrency game/field and perhaps it’s beginners luck but I’ve mined a little over 40 xpm’s between my main computer and my laptop. I just set up a droplet (with very little clue of what I’m doing here) but I think in the last hour it has found 5 probable prime chains 7-ch 1, then 2 , 3, etc…

I have it set up where it sends it over to beeeeer pool (I hope I did that right)

Are my results really lucky? is this normal? I am running an i7 I believe and have all but one processor working on mining, and my laptop is a i3 and 2 of which are mining.

Can the droplet mining results go straight to my wallet, or do they need a pool like this to work properly?

I have a general knowledge of computers but not extensive…I’m a financial advisor by trade (and have been for 20 yrs)

Thanks and very excited to integrate what I know into these crazy markets.

CKurtis

Hi all,

I run a website called dotbit.me where you can register .bit domains (namecoin network) that just started accepting Primecoins and Peercoins as payment!

Regards,
Tagide
dotbit.me

Hi,

I just started accepting Primecoins over at dotbit.me, a site where you can register .bit domains (a top level domain based on the namecoin network). Hopefully some of you will find this useful! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Tagide
dotbit.me

Heya everyone!

Pretty new to crypto currency but i find it very intersting, especially primecoin. I hope to learn more here!

Hey folks,

New to the XPM scene, finding all this fascinating!

IM pretty green but im very interested in this primecoin mining. I look forward to talking to all of you and gathering knowledge

Well hello everyone!

Three years ago I got into bitcoin mining with two other friends and we had 4 5830’s swinging their pickaxes at hashes for a summer. Now that I’ve heard bitcoin going for a lot more money, I’ve rejoined the community and I am finding Primecoins much more interesting!

Hi everyone !

new here… started to get hands into cryptocoins about a week ago. I searched a coin to mine with cpu, and found PrimeCoin. So, here i am.

I already set up my wallet, a miner, and mining in a pool. still waiting for first xpm.

Have fun !

Just wanted to say hallo to all you guys! I’m new here but I read a lot about Primecoin and Peercoin and find their concepts superiour to Bitcoin and have high hopes for them.

Let’s work together to make their success happen!

Hello Primecoin community! Just wanted to say hi and a brief introduction. I really hate to claim this, but I found out about Bitcoin about three years ago and thought it too volatile of a currency to invest in. All I can really say is…Doh! When I heard of the feds taking down SR but not Bitcoins, I had a feeling that cryptocurrency is here to stay…or at least that is what I hope. ;D

Didn’t realize that there were so many different cryptocurrencies out there, so I’ve decided to focus on one, the Primecoin. I look forward to interacting with the community in the near future.

Peace 8)

Hey everyone! My name is Christian, but my friends call me Chin. Glad to be a member!

Hello Everyone
My name is Gurpreet and i am new to this world of coin mining.
Just read a bit about coin mining on the net and then installed Primecoin solo mining client.
Now just trying to setup pool mining.
Thanks

Hey All!

Pretty new to cryptocurrency in general, I bought a few BTC over the summer and have mining for it via a cloud. Now that I’m getting more experienced I would like to start mining on my own with PrimeCoin!

Any help or tips are most appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello to the XPM and PPC community.

I am new to Primecoin mining, though I have been experimenting with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Feathercoin for a little over a year.
So far I like what I see and look forward to being a part of this growing alt-coin community.

My starter rig: overclocked i5 3570k @4.2ghz averaging about 2125pps

Cheers,
e

Hello, I joined this forum because of primecoin novelty :slight_smile:
I want to mine coins doing something useful :slight_smile:

hello
my name imbim
I’m new in primecoin :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I am new to Primecoin but have a little experience of using Bitcoin.

What attracted me to Primecoin?
I was thinking of trying to mine and realized there was a choice (a big revelation at the time).
I see mining as the conversion of energy in to a number and the blockchain. This is useful for making transactions as well as other things that may not have been thought of yet. So mining any coin has some value as long as people are making transactions and using the results.

I also tend to think the conversion of energy to what appears, to me, to be an uninteresting number, is a wasteful way of storing energy. Good if you are Iceland with lots of geothermal energy. Not so good if you are burning fossil fuels.

I think, that if you have a choice, then you should mine something that has a use.
So that is what I was looking for, something that did more than support the blockchain.
I found Primecoin which gives that little bit extra :).
If you have any other suggestions let me know.