Welcome to PeercoinTalk. Introduce Yourself to the Community

[size=12pt]Hello and welcome to Peercointalk.org the forum to talk about everything related to Peercoin (PPC).
[/size]
Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself in this thread here and welcome to the community.

In order to keep the spam out and admin work to a minimum I have set a restriction on starting new threads until you are a Junior member here. That only requires you to make 2 posts as replies to threads, so introduce yourself here on this thread :slight_smile:

Any problems please feel free to contact me via PM in here.

I have also setup a room on http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=peercoin called #peercoin where I will be so feel free to contact me in there

Useful place to start on this forum is http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=884.0
Getting started guides are here http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?board=56.0
Peercointalk offers a number of peercoin services all open source. To read more or make a donation http://donate.peercointalk.org/

Many thanks

Fuzzy Bear

I’m coming over from bitcointalk.org hoping to get better structured threads in this forum. Concerning PPC: It’s on my watch list because to me it seems to be the only innovative altcoin addressing the energy use. Ripple is on that list too, even if XRP is not designed to be a currency.

fuzzy@anonymized.invalid

Hi ppl!!! I was looking for other interesting alternative currencies coz btc got too expensive. So, i gave i try with LTC and i just downloaded the PPC client. In as much as i got PPC is quite different to BTC while most of other cryptocurrencies occuring at the moment are quite similar. Anyway, nice to be here and hope i ll learn a few things regarding ppc

Cheers

Only three newbies since May 4, or do posts get deleted?

No posts do not get deleted unless spam, and the email activation was the issue of no new members… seeing a flood of them now and spam being kept out so everything looks good this community is exploding :smiley: pleased to be a part of it and welcome to all the new folk :slight_smile:

any issues or suggestions to the forum please let me know

Fuzzy Bear

Hi All,

I seem to have missed the BTC/LTC boat so did some searching and ended up at PPC (not that is not good, just not as mature). Last week I purchased a fairly fast machine for mining and once the install/config is finalised, tested and solid, I might join a PPC Pool or go solo.

Exciting times now with cryptocurrencies and associated concepts.

Cheers, AclmY 8)

FuzzyBear: I meant to ask … is this forum safe enough to place my email in my profile? I have no issue with people messaging me so long as the SPAM f#%$#@^s don’t get it.

I am not a big fan of forums generally, they do not lend themselves to immediacy of communications. Is there any other module/package that can bolt onto the forum to enable inter-forum chat or something like that?

TIA AclmY.

Hi PPCoiners,

Great forum, I am looking forward to learning more about this.

Thanks, BDMNZ.

[quote=“AclmY, post:8, topic:77”]FuzzyBear: I meant to ask … is this forum safe enough to place my email in my profile? I have no issue with people messaging me so long as the SPAM f#%$#@^s don’t get it.

I am not a big fan of forums generally, they do not lend themselves to immediacy of communications. Is there any other module/package that can bolt onto the forum to enable inter-forum chat or something like that?

TIA AclmY.[/quote]

Hello AclmY,

I would not trust the posting of your email address public for spam bot not to pick it up and spam u… have similar issue on bitcointalk i believe… I am blocking the IP’s of spam so the bots are getting through to the site a lot less but IP’s will change and new ones be added so it an ongoing battle.

I could create a board that only say junior members will be able to access / view and you could post in there an email and that would be harder for spam bots to get to… would this be a good idea?

I will also look into a chat box / troll box like on btc-e and see if I can add one to the forum… but it might be best for me to setup a freenode ICR room for PPCoin and link from here so we all can chat in there for now.

Thank you for your suggestions much appreciated… oh and welcome to the forum!! :smiley:

FuzzyBear

:slight_smile: IRC channels are handy.

Hi People :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to see this forum grow :slight_smile:

PPC supporter checking in.
Unfortunately ive watched it go from 0.003 to 0.002.

Hi, I am a recent added ppc supporter, thinking this is a nice and useful poroject to cryptocurrencies development.
I particularly the hybryd POW POS system, and the long term energy efficiency aim.

Hi. PPC supporter. And, that’s about all I’ve got to say for my 2nd post.

Hey, I’ve been helping over at the Bitcointalk ppc thread to design the coin logo and website and figured I’d sign up here in case this place takes off. It’s getting pretty bad over at the alt-coin forum with all the copy cats. We need a place that is full of people that are serious about moving ppc forward and I believe this might be it.

As for my story, I knew about Bitcoin for the last couple years, but never researched it. I got into it once the bubble started forming, but by then it was too late. Before the bubble crashed though, I found out that there were alternate currencies that were still pretty much unknown. As soon as the bubble burst, I bought lots of Litecoin when it hit $1 and plan on holding it long-term.

Then I decided to look at the others and found out about ppc. After researching it, I feel ppc is destined to have a spot at the top in the future and have done what I can to help move things along. I now own a lot more ppc than Litecoin and plan on buying more as I get the money. I also plan on holding ppc long-term.

Hi,

I’m from Argentina and see high potential for PPC.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

I’m here to support the PPC network as I believe the low energy consumption with proof of stake will be a key factor to this coins survival and adoption as a true currency. I am hoping stores accepting PPC begin popping up so it can break free of its relative attachment to bitcoin. I am mining myself as well (unfortunately only about 1,250mh/s) and have found a very productive hobby in all of this. Glad to be a part of the PPCoinTalk forums!

I’m new here. I am running two 24/7 nodes, and I have parked ~1GH/s on TheSeven’s pool for a while (with more hopefully coming soon). I’m sure I will have a bunch of questions along the way.

O Hai! This is WEi Bammka 9!
Do not believe me, you?

Dis be mai address, hai!
PBmHPDsKSPymtEzpe4zyg3V8WEiBammka9
If you still don’t believe, try!

Send me a coin, maybe two
And I will wish you luck too!

I am hearing, this horrible thing,
that on ppcoin.d7.lt luck is leaving,
so if 14.3% seems low to you,
send me a coin,
and I luck to you!