Weekly Update #196

Weekly Update #196

[ul][li]Python tools for peercoin is now at github.com/ppcoin/peercointools[/li]
[li]Peercoin v0.6 development resumes next week[/li][/ul]

Have fun!

What’s the plan for v0.6?

Sunny, do you have any solutions to encourage ppc holder to mint?? I have heard that you have refused to add cold lock minting to PPC. What is your thought behind this decision?? THANKS

my understanding is that no refusal of cold minting has been voiced, discussion you are referring to was about particular implementation of it through “parking” like transaction, where in order to allow cold minting you have to send coins to different minting only address (losing all coin age in the process).

to be honest, i don’t yet know of better way to do it.

[quote=“backpacker69, post:4, topic:3920”]my understanding is that no refusal of cold minting has been voiced, discussion you are referring to was about particular implementation of it through “parking” like transaction, where in order to allow cold minting you have to send coins to different minting only address (losing all coin age in the process).

to be honest, i don’t yet know of better way to do it.[/quote]

My minting by proxy solution didn’t involve transferring coins, or losing coin age.

Instead, it used a new Proof-of-stake transaction, which would keep your coinage, but allow you use this ability to create a cold-wallet minting keypair (pub/priv key combination) that locks coins so they can’t be moved.

This would require a protocol change and a hard fork, but it was plausible.

The discussion was March 2014

https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2467.msg20540#msg20540

But that was long ago, and I can’t remember the flaws in it at the moment. :slight_smile:

If PPC’s security is mainly rely on Sunny King’s central check point then PPC will never adopted by the main stream. PPC’s current price proves this!!!