Weekly Update #136

Weekly Update #136

[ul][li]TheSeven has provided an auto dnsseed service for peercoin. This will be added to peercoin dnsseed list to share the load and improve the availability of dns node discovery.[/li]
[li]Teehe’s funding period is closing soon: https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3999[/li][/ul]

Have fun!

Hi Sunny King, even you seldom mention about XPM recently. For XPM fans, this period is a hard time. Price plumbing, BTC-E delist, forum/community silent… Anyway the hashrate still there.

I’ll hold on to the end, till the death of XPM. I’ll pay for my religion.

xpm is dead. I’m a huge bagholder too. amen

XPM has no community. It still has threads on the first page of its discussion board from November 2014 and it’s #73 on Coinmarketcap.com. I hope the reason why Sunny no longer mentions it is because he isn’t wasting his time on it anymore and instead focusing on the more successful coin that he created.

imo dropping xpm has been a mistake. this community had two coins, one POS one POW, that could be integrated somehow to create a full ecosystem in competition with that bitcoincrap thing. one backbone currency (PPC) and one as medium of exchange (xpm, kind of asic resistant). I’m afraid that with ppc only there are no great achievement to be accomplished. I fear ppc is going to die after xpm, btc-e delisting it would be a fatal hit, just as it has been for xpm.

Good to see there are still people have faith in XPM. I DO have faith in XPM too and I think it will rise again for sure. I have bought some more cheap xpm recently. People usually don’t like to buy when the price ridiculous low but they will buy when the price is ridiculous high.

If XPM was ever supposed to be the medium of exchange counterpart to PPC’s backbone, I believe that role has now transitioned to NuBits, with the added benefit that once Nu figures out how to make consistent profit, it will help support PPC’s price through dividends.

A price stable unit like NuBits will fill the role of medium of exchange so much better than a volatile asset like Primecoin. For me, XPM has been surpassed by a better design. Nu still has a lot of problems to solve, but the community is still working on them and making progress. For me it’s NuBits and Peercoin.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:7, topic:3441”]If XPM was ever supposed to be the medium of exchange counterpart to PPC’s backbone, I believe that role has now transitioned to NuBits, with the added benefit that once Nu figures out how to make consistent profit, it will help support PPC’s price through dividends.

A price stable unit like NuBits will fill the role of medium of exchange so much better than a volatile asset like Primecoin. For me, XPM has been surpassed by a better design. Nu still has a lot of problems to solve, but the community is still working on them and making progress. For me it’s NuBits and Peercoin.[/quote]

Primecoin will be one of good crypto assets on internet. I admit that this is a long and lonely journey.

I understand why would someone mine and dump Primecoin, but not why would someone buy Primecoin. It is cool experiment, but not currency.

Why not continue the discussion on the Primecoin board? I have posted my opinion there this morning.

Do you know PoS/PoW better than Sunny King? Why did he invent XPM AFTER his PoS coin?

This forum is called “peercointalk”, however, also is XPM’s home.

I don’ believe PPC can be a currency, although it is a interesting experiment.

I read an interview with Sunny, where he explained that, while developing Peercoin, he did not want the marketplace to assume that Bitcoin and Litecoin were a duopoly - so Primecoin was introduced to shake things up a bit. I think I have got that right

I read an interview with Sunny, where he explained that, while developing Peercoin, he did not want the marketplace to assume that Bitcoin and Litecoin were a duopoly - so Primecoin was introduced to shake things up a bit. I think I have got that right[/quote]
Sunny King said both PoW and PoS coins can coexist for a long time.

PPC is facing a punch of PoS copycats, good luck!