Weekly Update #113

Weekly Update #113

[ul][li]I think our community is familiar with the importance of Peershare project. It serves as a template for running crypto ventures or businesses, also known as DAC’s. Nubits has become the first project using the Peershare template. A shareholder voting system has been introduced so basically it can be run through semi-anonymous shareholders. This marks an important milestone in the history of cryptocurrency. So it is expected, many more ventures would be created in the future, eventually driving a prosperous crypto-economy.[/li]
[li]On the other hand, in the past decade we are experiencing a migration of personal computing to mobile devices, most notably, smart phones and tablets. So I think inevitably some of our successful ventures could take the form of web apps, that is more suited to mobile computing. So the brainwallet project would serve to showcase such a possibility, a model pairing open source web app with the full node. Unlike typical web service existing in the market, most of which are built with significant centralization. This model allows direct communication between web app and the full node, preserving a high degree of decentralization.[/li][/ul]

Have fun!

I was asking myself why Peershares, where most of minting power is in hands of corp, doesn’t use some kind of simple model where blocks are signed with a list of corporation’s keys. Sunny created extremely flexible, secure, cheap and ‘natural’ key management scheme. Even non-distributed corporations can make use of it - their datacenters can reach consensus over proof-of-stake, with trivial administration part (GUI included lol). This, together with sidechains, opens new chapter in IT.

Peershares gives corporations previously non-existing opportunities and freedom, making new types of relations between corp and shareholders.

Long live PoS!

This model allows direct communication between web app and the full node, preserving a high degree of decentralization.

Isn’t that some sort of side chain design?

[quote=“cryptog1, post:3, topic:2998”]This model allows direct communication between web app and the full node, preserving a high degree of decentralization.

Isn’t that some sort of side chain design?[/quote]

I’m kind of confused about this. How would a brain wallet lead to better decentralization?

[quote=“CapR, post:4, topic:2998”][quote=“cryptog1, post:3, topic:2998”]This model allows direct communication between web app and the full node, preserving a high degree of decentralization.

Isn’t that some sort of side chain design?[/quote]

I’m kind of confused about this. How would a brain Wallet lead to better decentralization?[/quote]

You can pay anything anywhere without having your money stored anywhere but in your brainwallet?