Website updating

Hey guys, I am a web developer and I was thinking I might be able to help out with the a site rebuild. I can’t design at all, but I would be able to build something given the right design. I have heard rumblings of maybe getting the ppcoin site updated, is there any interest in someone helping out with that?

[quote=“gudmunsn, post:1, topic:204”]Hey guys, I am a web developer and I was thinking I might be able to help out with the a site rebuild. I can’t design at all, but I would be able to build something given the right design. I have heard rumblings of maybe getting the ppcoin site updated, is there any interest in someone helping out with that?[/quote]I’m happy to work with you. Maybe we could get a Github thing going?

Sure, sounds good! are you a designer/coder?

I can help with any coding too if you need.

I think we need to have a discussion about what we all want to see on the new website, feature wise. It might be helpul to look at the websites of other cryptocurrencies to get ideas.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:5, topic:204”]I think we need to have a discussion about what we all want to see on the new website, feature wise. It might be helpul to look at the websites of other cryptocurrencies to get ideas.[/quote]Lets start here. We need to have a lay-person description of what a cryptocoin is. Then I think we can highlight some of the benefits of peercoin specifically. A built in faucet would be nice, but thats not a requirement.

I’ve enjoyed the nice break from the design contest. I imagine everyone else must have been taking a breather too, since there’s been barely any posts over the last couple says, but we really do need to start working on this.

We have the logo now. All we need is a nice temporary website that replaces what we currently have and then we can get to work on building something amazing!

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:7, topic:204”]I’ve enjoyed the nice break from the design contest. I imagine everyone else must have been taking a breather too, since there’s been barely any posts over the last couple says, but we really do need to start working on this.

We have the logo now. All we need is a nice temporary website that replaces what we currently have and then we can get to work on building something amazing![/quote]Already on that. See my post.

Maybe we can do a small feature matrix for comparison against others. I am thinking:
future inflation (high/low), future transaction fee (high/low), energy efficient (yes/no)
This then should be easier to understand for new users.