We Need Feedback on Phrasing for Each of the Peercoin Presentation Slides

River333 has updated the Peercoin conference presentation he’s been working on for us. He now needs feedback on the actual content of the presentation and less on the design. Is this as good as it can be? Is there something we’re missing? Should something be changed?

Updated Peercoin Presentation: http://imgur.com/a/Y7Nvu

Thread Update 1:

Tomatoesrfun has come up with phrasing for each of the presentation slides. Please give us feedback here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/209xlz/comments_requested_suggestions_on_phrasing_for/

Here is a suggestion from tomatoesrfun on Reddit…

[quote=“tomatoesrfun”]In terms of the content, /u/Peercoins asks a reasonable question – it would be great to know what the actual spoken information would be. I think that this is our challenge, it’s very difficult to know what to write for someone else. All I can suggest is we can write paragraphs (in plain English, as if spoken) in the presentation notes section, so that anyone presenting would know more or less what they’re supposed to say. Tonight I will try to come up with some information for the slides, but it would be great if other people tried the same things. It can be like that sub that /u/weals recently had where it was a “what is the best way to describe” sort of thing.

TL;DR - maybe people can think of the best way (in 2 to 3 sentences or less) to describe each of the bullet points on the slides. This way will have multiple approaches, and we can choose the best options.[/quote]

Can we get a couple people to do this? Try writing up 2-3 sentences for each bullet point like he said as if it were spoken in plain English. This will be for the presenter. Not everyone knows everything about Peercoin. This will help people out when giving a speech, even if they don’t know all the information themselves.

tomatoesrfun has come up with phrasing for each of the presentation slides. Please discuss them on his post on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/peercoin/comments/209xlz/comments_requested_suggestions_on_phrasing_for/

i think you hit all the major talking points that I can think of. Beautiful presentation river, props to you.

I like the green better, but if you guys end up going with the gray, I suggest sliding the logo into the corner of every page. I think seeing it repeatedly will better ingrain the image into people’s heads, kind of like how you don’t feel familiar with a new term until you’ve heard it seven times. Let’s get people used to seeing the logo.

River, you should put your ppc address in your signature so people can tip you. People should see that you can be rewarded by the community for helping out.

[quote=“merockstar, post:4, topic:2035”]i think you hit all the major talking points that I can think of. Beautiful presentation river, props to you.

I like the green better, but if you guys end up going with the gray, I suggest sliding the logo into the corner of every page. I think seeing it repeatedly will better ingrain the image into people’s heads, kind of like how you don’t feel familiar with a new term until you’ve heard it seven times. Let’s get people used to seeing the logo.[/quote]

That’s a good idea and something I did like about the green presentation. Can the logo be inserted into the corner of the slides, except the two beginning slides for Peercoin and Peershares?

I’ve updated it to include the changes suggested by people, as well as the phrasing guide by tomatoesrfun.

I also think the logo in the corner is a good idea. I made an attempt at it but I’m not great at that sort of thing. Maybe someone else can do it better, and maybe remove the white spot as well. Although I don’t really think it is important enough to pay a professional or anything.

Final Version
View: http://imgur.com/a/ZFGyk
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jow4ccdz924pci6/PeercoinPresentationGray(3).pptx

Really good overall. Thanks to all involved.

I think you should stress, ‘Specifically designed to dramatically reduce blockchain size.’ There’s a danger people will associate ‘small blockchain’ with ‘not be used’. I’d make sure to have market cap charts next to the blockchain charts or even make the chart blockchain/market cap.

Just to let everyone know, the decriptions tomatoesrfun made for each bullet point aren’t complete. Several of them say “need suggestions” and the ones he did write have not gained any feedback from the community. We need people to help us out with this part in order to complete the presentation. You can see everything here…

http://imgur.com/a/KnuYr

A few comments on the slides. Please note, I do not use reddit, so someone will have to copy-paste this onto reddit for me

First of all, please update or delete the link to the (old) slides in the opening post. We should be commenting only on the most recent version (or put both versions, and indicate which one is superceded and which one is current)

Please number the slides

Third slide – suggest delete “Equal for everyone who mints”, since the meaning of 1% should be self-evident. Also, replace “best of both worlds” with “Benefits of the hybrid model” or some such

Fourth slide – I am inclined to remove “backbone currency” – in a shared meeting of various crypto-coin people, declaring peercoin the backbone currency may come across as rather self-important and pompass, and alienate people in the audience

There needs to be a new slide focusing on the 0.01 transaction fee, and explaining why this is needed, as this is one of our perceived weak points. I am not qualified to say, but my understanding is that it reduces the blockchain size, prevents double spending, and counteracts the inflation caused by the 1% increase in peercoins, thereby tilting peercoin towards saving. Explanations relating to the small blockchain and inflation/deflation balance can then hang off this transaction fee slide (this is a better structure - at the moment, the talk is going backwards, from small blockchain back to transaction fee, which is not a logical progression)

Make sure the word “saving” appears

Slide eight – I suggest amending the title from “How is Peercoin more secure” to “How is Peercoin secure” (i.e. remove the word “more”). Do not try and compete with Bitcoin, as it may alienate people

Ongoing Progress slide - I would remove “active enthusiastic community”, as every coin claims this. How about regular weekly development updates, and interviews with developer Sunny King

Last slide: I would remove the twitter bird and facebook logos, as they detract from the more important website and forum addresses

I notice that some of the “verbal” sentences are adding information that is not in the slides (e.g. technical info on coin days). Be wary of this, as most people will not absorb it

This is meant to be a subtle counter to the “rich gets richer” argument as some people seem to believe that only rich people receive the reward.

I have created a new slide to focus on the transaction fee etc. I gave it the title of “Economic Model” but can change this if necessary.

I’ve also added other changes you suggested, can you please check the latest version to see if you are happy with it? http://imgur.com/a/Y7Nvu

I fixed the logos in the corner. I think the slides are pretty much finished now. All that is left is to expand on the suggested phrasing. However, I think these should only really be guidelines as each presenter can add their own personal touch and it is important that they can present it in a way that they are comfortable with.

I wondered whether “Equal for everyone who mints” was a counter to “the rich get richer”. I am just cautious that, by trying to head off the issue, we draw attention to it unnecessarily. A possible riposte by our speaker, should the matter be raised, is that a bank or any other traditional institution raises the percentage interest rate for people who have more to save - therefore, Peercoin’s proportional 1% for all is comparatively regressive

On slide 5, I would change the title from “Economic Model” to “Why a transaction fee?”. Many people will wonder why, if there are no miners to need a fee, why keep/destroy it? This slide addresses those concerns

Staying on slide 5, I would remove the two bullet points relating to store of value and savings. Instead, I would insert a new slide, at position 10 (thus becoming the last on peercoin, before peershares), entitled “A future role for peercoin” (or some such) and have the store of value and savings bullet points there. The speaker can say something to the effect that all that has gone before (the small blockchain, inflation/deflation balance, and POS security), make Peercoin ideal for saving. Thus, Peercoin as a savings tool becomes the conclusion (at the moment, this point gets lost among all the other information)

To get to Peershares, the speaker can say, something along the lines of, “Due to Peercoin’s saving model, it has been selected as the base currency for Peershares …”

Obviously, the one giving the presentation will have to have final say on all of this. They should say nothing they are not comfortable with!

I’m reluctant to add a new slide, unless it is completely necessary, as I think there is already too many. I was aiming for about 10 initially.

I’ve changed the title of slide 5 to what you suggested.