WARNING:Blockchain re-download required approaching or past V0.4 upgrdeadline

can you delete the blockchain and start synchronising from 0?

What version are you using? Why aren’t you using v0.6?

@Nagalim first off thank you for taking the time to respond this really means a lot i have recently downloaded v0.6 and replaced the wallet with my wallet.dat and now the blockchain is stuck at 100 weeks and only shows me 4 transactions i recently re download peercoin v0.6 again without my wallet.dat and it is still stuck

thanks for the reply! im trying it now just dont want to lose my coins

You can find instructions on upgrading to v0.6 here:

Basically, you need to do a clean sync and then move in your wallet.

I forgot to mention, sometimes when it is stuck, only restarting the client will make it continue

i have restarted the app plenty of times and it reopens stuck in the same place

When I re-downloaded the blockchain for v0.6, it also stuck

After restarting a couple of times, I decided to leave the client running - after a while, it started downloading of its own accord

Try leaving the client for an hour, and see what happens

the other day i left it on over night nothing changed

thank you for trying to help me but i am still stuck i wish i was tech savvy i dont want to lose my coins i still have the original wallet.dat

What operating system are you using - Windows?

mac osx

I don’t use Mac - but what worked for me (using Windows) was to find the directory with the Peercoin folder (on my machine, it was called PPCoin) and then clicking and dragging the whole folder to the desktop - and then starting the download of V0.6 afresh, from the download page - https://peercoin.net/download

A new folder will be created to replaced the moved one, and all the files generated anew. When all done, swap the new (empty) wallet.dat file with your own

The location of the PPcoin folder on your Mac osx system might be something like: ~/Library/Application\ Support/PPCoin

But let other people comment on this suggestion, before doing anything

Im re-downloaded the peercoin app once again i just open the folder in the recently downloaded tab and just clicked replaced but when i open the qt it opens back at the very exact place

@RobertLloyd

I currently know how to do the following things:

@Peercointalk start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@Peercointalk roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@Peercointalk quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@Peercointalk fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@Peercointalk fortune

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

Please use the stickied support thread here…