WARNING:Blockchain re-download required approaching or past V0.4 upgrdeadline

I have peerunity wallet and see this “WARNING: Blockchain re-download required approaching or past V0.4 upgrade deadline” at the bottom of the wallet. I looked at the wallets available and they are the V0.1 which is what I currently have. Where do I find this upgrade that the warning is telling me about?

Thanks.

Peercoin picking up steam lately. Nice :slight_smile:

The version number is talking about the Peercoin protocol version. You’re using the correct wallet.

Is your wallet fully synced? Are you using old Peercoin wallet files?

I have the same problem since yesterday. Downloaded Peerunity, it uses my old wallet but doesn’t sync.

Start as if u were a beginner to peercoin, clear all old blockchain files and move your wallet.dat to another folder for now.

Start peerunity and let the entire blockchain sync on a new wallet.dat so your balance should be 0.

Once synced with full blockchain stop peerunity, copy your wallet.dat with coins in to the peercoin folder and restart peerunity.

Let me know how u get on.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Start as if u were a beginner to peercoin, clear all old blockchain files and move your wallet.dat to another folder for now.

Start peerunity and let the entire blockchain sync on a new wallet.dat so your balance should be 0.

Once synced with full blockchain stop peerunity, copy your wallet.dat with coins in to the peercoin folder and restart peerunity.

Let me know how u get on.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Great, it worked. Many thanks!

@Peercointalk @Fuzzybear

hello i have an old peer coin wallet i have recently downloaded the old wallet but when i replace the wallet.dat file the block chain gets stuck at 100 weeks is anyone willing to help me i hope this community is open to receiving an old follower if not will keep trying on my own

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @Peercointalk display help.

@Ray1957 @Arp

hello i have an old peer coin wallet i have recently downloaded the old wallet but when i replace the wallet.dat file the block chain gets stuck at 100 weeks is anyone willing to help me i hope this community is open to receiving an old follower if not will keep trying on my own

can you delete the blockchain and start synchronising from 0?

What version are you using? Why aren’t you using v0.6?

@Nagalim first off thank you for taking the time to respond this really means a lot i have recently downloaded v0.6 and replaced the wallet with my wallet.dat and now the blockchain is stuck at 100 weeks and only shows me 4 transactions i recently re download peercoin v0.6 again without my wallet.dat and it is still stuck

thanks for the reply! im trying it now just dont want to lose my coins

You can find instructions on upgrading to v0.6 here:

Basically, you need to do a clean sync and then move in your wallet.

I forgot to mention, sometimes when it is stuck, only restarting the client will make it continue

i have restarted the app plenty of times and it reopens stuck in the same place

When I re-downloaded the blockchain for v0.6, it also stuck

After restarting a couple of times, I decided to leave the client running - after a while, it started downloading of its own accord

Try leaving the client for an hour, and see what happens

the other day i left it on over night nothing changed

thank you for trying to help me but i am still stuck i wish i was tech savvy i dont want to lose my coins i still have the original wallet.dat

What operating system are you using - Windows?

mac osx