Wallet Issue

Hello all,

I recently encrypted my PPCoin-QT wallet with a complex password and wrote it down on a note in my phone, but I now can no longer find the note. I did not have any PPC in my wallet-- so its not that big of a loss-- but I’d like to be able to access it for when I do purchase PPC. Is there any way I can uninstall this wallet and get a new one? I appreciate any tips that are offered.

I think you can just delete your wallet that is encrypted where you lost access to, and you get a new (unencrypted) wallet when you start up again?

irritant,

Where in the wallet can I find the option to delete my existing encrypted one?

in the datadir of peercoin on windows it is in %APPDATA%/ppcoin here you can delete it (and make backups)

(it is not an option in the software client itself)

Ok so I tried to edit what I believed to be the wallet in App Data, but it seems that I deleted the wrong file. It now says-- A fatal error occured.

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::open: Invalid arugment
C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin\ppcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception

I am also having a wallet issue. Mine will not connect to the PPC Network to download all the blocks. I use BitCoin and LiteCoin and neither of those have had issues connecting and updating. I have tried several different networks and multiple computers with no luck. Any ideas as to what this might be?

Help, I just downloaded the PPC wallet client for Mac and sent one coin to myself. I did this several hours ago and the wallet hasn’t registered its arrival yet, even though the wallet is synced and has 8 active connections. Any ideas where my coin is? I currently have no faith in the wallet and don’t know what to do…

Gibzeez please double check what address you sent to, look for the transaction on ppc block explorer.

Where u send to / from?? Did u verify the withdraw from a site? Was there a fee on the withdraw etc.

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I have a wee bit of an issue myself restoring my wallet. :confused:

Kinda tried everything really.

Visit this site and use the address that you sent the coin to. http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

That will look into the block chain and provide you transaction details of anything that has occurred. Where did you initially send that 1PPC from? Was it an exchange (BTC-e, Cryptsy, etc.)? If so, there have been a lot of problems lately that people have reported where it’s taken a significant amount of time for the exchange to process the transaction after you requested it. If you don’t see it in the block explorer, and you did send it via an exchange, you will probably want to check up with the support team for whoever you used.

[quote=“Trujillo, post:5, topic:919”]Ok so I tried to edit what I believed to be the wallet in App Data, but it seems that I deleted the wrong file. It now says-- A fatal error occured.

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::open: Invalid arugment
C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCoin\ppcoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception[/quote]

Do you know what file you deleted? Is it still in your system trashcan?

I’m troubleshooting a similar issue with awgilyas right now, so check out his thread for other options to try.

My block does not sync upon first install. The message is, “No block source available”, please help. The miner is chugging right along but nothing happens with the wallet, I am running Win 7 64bit. Do you have any ideas to help me?

patience is what is needed here!!
It takes time to download the blockchain… let it do that… and THEN switch on your miner… do not mine at the same time you are only confusing your computer and the miner and hence will download the blockchain slower.

Fuzzybear

The wallet is not syncing at all, “No block source available”. Tested the miner then exited it, but nothings happened in the wallet. Which file is the config file? Enter the ipaddresses above might be my solution. I am open for comments.

U need to create a conf file urself, there is an example I posted on this forum. That will sort out want needed for ur miner.

Sounds like u need some seed nodes, again search the form sunny king and others listed seed nodes to get blockchain started downloading

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys

I have some coins in my PPCoin wallet and am trying to send them elsewhere, whenever i put an address into it and press send the address part just turns red and does nothing, can you please advise what i am doing wrong? the address i am sending to has been generated on a website (vircurex and also BTC-E)
i have the same problem with both addresses, what am i doing wrong?

many thanks

are you sure you have the correct address? with btc-e i had once selected the bitcoin address instead of peercoin address