Wall Observer - The XPM Speculation Thread

Sick volume for a 5 days old coin… :slight_smile:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-xpm-btc

So does it ever get to 0.1 BTC? Every block is becoming more and more difficult to find and smaller in size. I think this coin is so innovative that it’s sheer structure will result in an enormous value increase. If you’re looking at a long game, this and PPCoin are great ways to go!

People were offering .01BTC a few hours after release. It seems to have receded since then. I am sure a lot of the energy and coverage in the beginning was the cause of the initial price boom.

I am hoping it climbs back to that level, or perhaps even higher. The design and function is there, the next step is to implement useful services that use XPM.

hm… I haven’t read the paper but the block reward is almost half from the beginning. BTC reward is now 25 coins, XPM is now 12ish, is it designed to be more scarce than BTC?

The block reward is decreasing as the difficulty of mining increases. If the difficulty begins to drop, the block reward will slowly begin to increase again.

With all of the attention XPM is receiving, I would imagine it will continue to drop for now. Blocks are still being solved very quickly though so a good bit of new XPM is minted every day. I am hoping that the block spacing will soon level out to the intial target.

I´m not that competent in money things, but doesn´t this force XPM to build bubbles in both ways?

Course low => small interest for miners => low mining power => low difficulty => high rewards => to much coins (since a good part of the miners instantly convert to bitcoin) =>Course will go down even more
Course high => big interest for miners => high mining power => high difficulty => low rewards => not enough coins => Course will raise even more

Hope I miss something here?! Or is it just Sunny intention to show that PoW is not the best way?

[quote=“MUTO, post:6, topic:226”]I´m not that competent in money things, but doesn´t this force XPM to build bubbles in both ways?

Course low => small interest for miners => low mining power => low difficulty => high rewards => to much coins (since a good part of the miners instantly convert to bitcoin) =>Course will go down even more
Course high => big interest for miners => high mining power => high difficulty => low rewards => not enough coins => Course will raise even more

Hope I miss something here?! Or is it just Sunny intention to show that PoW is not the best way?[/quote]

Your logic is not wrong, but the conclusion you came to may be.

The two sides will even out. As the power increases on the network, so does the difficulty, and thus the block reward goes down, both of which will slow down the increase of hashing power due to it not being as profitable. If more miners stop, the network power will decrease some, as will difficulty, and block reward will start to rise, making it more enticing to mine.

Basically, the network tries very hard to regulate itself to even out block creation time, end eventually it will get to it’s target of 60 sec and the swings in network power will get smaller and smaller.

I hope this came across as clear as it was in my mind, heh

XPM just hit .015 :o

XPM price seems to be taking a beating right now.

Buying opportunity?

Still taking a beating…

Hold or Sell?

What was with the price spike of XPM/BTC on vircurex just now? In about 3 minutes the exchange rate went from 0.0028 to 0.00398. About 1000XPMs changed hands.

Probably a response to recent mcxnow crypto pump. Several altoins got huge buy support there :wink: