Volunteering stage open for fund keepers of Marketing Fund

The first 6 month period of the marketing fund is coming to an end. This means that a vote is required on who will be the fund keepers for the next 6 months.

The role basically involves organizing voting on submissions to the fund, and then sending out payments through Peer4commit to successful projects. It is not a particularly time-intensive role, and full details of what is expected can be found in the charter.

If you are interested in volunteering to be a fund keeper, please post in this thread. Voting will start on the candidates in the new year.

Marketing Fund info:

Charter: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3038.0
Peer4commit page: http://peer4commit.com/projects/96
Forum board: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?board=66.0

Are you and Cybnate still interested in continuing your role as fund keeper? You guys have done an excellent job so far.

I’m very keen to provide the opportunity to others to do something for the Peercoin network. As River333 said, it is not that much work, but you can put a lot of time into it if you really want. So you can kind of size it to the time you have available. It also doesn’t stop you from initiating your own proposals or working with submitters as I did with @glock for the translation project.

Bump

So any interest in this? I think it is good to rotate these kind of roles among different people.

Maybe Cybnate and river333 can give a term summary to show achievement, comments, and wishes for the next term(s) ?

Ok, here we go, in the last 6 months the following submissions have been passed and delivered:

1. An updated slidedeck and a video based on it for Peercoin. Submitted by @Chronos Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!
  2. A shared project with the peercoin.net fund to update the website. Submitted by @Chronos Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!
  3. Translation of the website and Peerunity wallet to multiple languages. Submitted by @glock (ongoing and extended) Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!
  4. Another shared project with one of FB’s funds to produce a video how to use Peercoin paper wallet. Submitted by &Chronos Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!
  5. Peercoin advertising on Reddit. Submitted by @Hibero Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

I think they were all great proposals and more than worth their money for all PPC holders. I had hoped to get a few more proposals (at least double) in the 6 months we have been running. Especially some of the ideas from the list I’ve posted a couple of times by now. I will post it again as it is still my wish list:

• Marketing portal with all peercoin services and goodies nicely presented (website can link to it or it can just be a page on website)
  • Making a template for a press release
  • Providing quality articles for newsletter or website
  • Creating video snippets, 10-20 seconds of video promoting aspects of Peercoin for Youtube channel
  • Create banners, pictures etc. we can use for Peercoin advertising
  • Presenting Peercoin on conferences or meetings
  • Most viewed Peercoin promoting post on Bitcointalk contest
  • The hosting of interesting projects improving or promoting use of Peercoins
  • Small seed or support to start Peercoin promoting business selling Peercoin related products
  • Best Peercoin in the news, -photo, -article, -on the radio or even -on tv!
  • Lobbying and convincing payment providers, high profile merchants or exchanges to add Peercoins
  • Charts comparing Peercoin with other coins
  • Marketing support for key developments

Just a few ideas, be creative. Funding for hours spent, materials or cost of professionals, where reasonable is not a problem. As long as it is not excessive and appeals to the majority of the community.

Cybnate, thanks for putting together such a great list. Can we put a bounty according to each of the items using the marketing fund? (The first, path-finding case for each of the item can be sweetened in terms reward )

In the mean time you, river333, and ppcman if he is willing are still the best candidates for the fund keepers.

[quote=“mhps, post:8, topic:3201”]Cybnate, thanks for putting together such a great list. Can we put a bounty according to each of the items using the marketing fund? (The first, path-finding case for each of the item can be sweetened in terms reward )

In the mean time you, river333, and ppcman if he is willing are still the best candidates for the fund keepers.[/quote]
Well, I invite you or others to put a bounty against any item and what you think should be done for it (proposal) and if the community votes positively on each proposal we will have bounties on items ready to be picked up. But we still need someone trustworthy and capable to do it as I don’t want people misusing funds or assuming eligibility for bounties which haven’t been properly executed.

And practically speaking we might not be able to fund all proposals at once so it will be a first come first serve base regarding the bounties till the fund is exhausted (if not topped up in between).

As there are no volunteers stepping up (Digix?) for the marketing fund, I will have to consult River333 and PPCman (haven’t seen a response from him on my proposal in the 50k marketing director thread) whether they are interested to sign up for 6 months. I won’t be able and willing to do this alone and will use the closing procedure of the fund when I’m facing such a situation. I hope it won’t get to that though.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:9, topic:3201”][quote=“mhps, post:8, topic:3201”]Cybnate, thanks for putting together such a great list. Can we put a bounty according to each of the items using the marketing fund? (The first, path-finding case for each of the item can be sweetened in terms reward )

In the mean time you, river333, and ppcman if he is willing are still the best candidates for the fund keepers.[/quote]
Well, I invite you or others to put a bounty against any item and what you think should be done for it (proposal) and if the community votes positively on each proposal we will have bounties on items ready to be picked up.[/quote]

That sounds good. I will give a first stab at it in a separate thread.

But we still need someone trustworthy and capable to do it as I don't want people misusing funds or assuming eligibility for bounties which haven't been properly executed.

I agree. But before evidence shows up I am not convinced misusing funds is a real issue yet.

And practically speaking we might not be able to fund all proposals at once so it will be a first come first serve base regarding the bounties till the fund is exhausted (if not topped up in between).

I applaud your optimism. :slight_smile: It’s like someone is starving and tells self that “I might not eat all of them at once if I have all sort of food iin front of me.”

I won't be able and willing to do this alone and will use the closing procedure of the fund when I'm facing such a situation. I hope it won't get to that though.

We will see.

I rather not volunteer myself to handle the marketing fund since I am new here and I have no credibility.

I believe either you or River are the best personnel to handle the task.

With the lack of other potential candidates, and after consultation with River333, we both decided that we would be candidates for the role of fundkeeper of the Marketing fund for another 6 months after the election. Will open another thread to start the voting process.

Thank you, Cybnate (and River). We appreciate your willingness to continue to serve in this role.