Volunpeer Target = Coinbase

Coinbase is one of the largest providers of Bitcoin. They allow you to connect a bank account and buy Bitcoins with US dollars. Getting Coinbase to accept Peercoin would be absolutely MASSIVE, because it would open up a legit avenue for people to easily buy PPC with USD. Please go to the support page for Coinbase and send them a message explaining why it would be in their interest to add support for Peercoin…

Coinbase Support: http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/emails/new

There’s lots of reasons, including a large market cap, high volume, a competent and visionary developer and the fact that Peercoin is one of the original cryptos and the first implementation of proof-of-stake. Coinbase is a large target and one that we can’t ignore. Let’s show them some demand!

[b]Become a Volunpeer Today: http://www.volunpeer.org/

Hey Ken, from now on when you post your MMM on Reddit, could you say something like “Become a Volunpeer:” and then offer our new link at http://www.volunpeer.org/? We need to start getting more people signed up so the people on our list will help us out with these pushes. Could you add it to your current post right now? It would be great if you could bold the link also, so it’s more visible. You just have to put ** before and after the link to bold it.

Also, I liked Ben’s message and response here…

[quote=“Ben”]Good morning!

After reviewing Coinbase’s current statement on whether or not they support cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin (which you don’t), I wanted to take a moment to send you a note voicing support for Peercoin.

As your team is likely already aware, Peercoin is one of the larger cryptocurrencies, after Bitcoin and Litecoin, both in market capitalization and in daily usage. It is also the first wide-spread implementation of the proof-of-stake algorithm, and has been in existence for nearly two years.

While Peercoin does not have as large of a community when compared to Bitcoin’s, nor is it as gregarious as Dogecoin’s, it is definitely active and is constantly on the lookout for businesses that will support PPC. Many of the holders are also holders of other cryptos, so I would expect that you would find widespread support amongst your current userbase for the inclusion of PPC.

Hopefully this support/feature request will be added to other ones that you’ve received and that you’ll recognize that there is a segment of your user base that would use Coinbase for USD <> PPC transactions.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to a day when PPC will be supported on Coinbase. If you should have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (and I can get your message to the appropriate developers), or, if you’d like to respond to the community directly, please visit us at PeercoinTalk.org or Reddit.com/r/Peercoin.

Ben[/quote]

Response:

[quote=“Ben”]"Hi Ben,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are always open to new ideas, unfortunately I can’t provide any specifics about when and if we are planning on supporting alternative cryptocurrencies. I’m a big fan of Peercoin and have been advocating it behind the scene here for a while, so I also hope that we will be able to support it sometime in the future.

Thank you for using Coinbase!"

Expected message, but with a nice personalized response. I’m hopeful that continued reminders by the community will give firepower to help the “behind the scenes” advocates sell the idea internally.[/quote]

Anybody else receive a reply yet?

email sent - intentionally delayed until today to make it look more genuine :wink:

Just finished sending my email to them.

I got a reply from Coinbase…

[quote=“Ken”]Hi Sentinelrv,

Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: We don’t have any firm plans for adding other coins to our service for now, but this is a rapidly moving industry so who knows what the plan will be in the near future. If we do decide to go that route, I’m sure peercoin will be one of the options we take a good look at.

Also appreciate you reaching out on behalf of peercoin development; always good to know that key figures would be cooperative with any future endeavors![/quote]

my email:

Hello Coinbase, Fuzzybear here from bitcointalk and peercointalk (i run the latter) just wanting to raise your awareness about Peercoin and should you ever consider adding Peercoin to your brilliant business then please get in contact with myself via email or the forums as I'd be willing to help out in any way I can to help coinbase and help Peercoin.

Peercoin is the 3rd largest marketcap coin and has consistantly held its value against bitcoin. The POS (Proof of Stake) hybrid model means that coins are fairly distributed and then network security is maintained from the coin holders so the cost of security on the Peercoin network is vastly lower than bitcoin. Peercoin blockchain size of 300Mb and being near 2 years old is rather impressive, but highlights the fact that Peercoin is not another “clone-coin” rather a coin well thought out with different economic principal to bitcoin. In this regard it is the only coin that holds significant value that is a complementary coin to bitcoin.

For these reasons and many more I would be happy to discuss with you further I would really like to see your company make a commitment to adding Peercoin next!

I hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Fuzzybear

E-mail sent.

Had reply

APR 16, 2014 | 09:05AM PDT Daniel replied: Hi Fuzzybear, Thanks for contacting us.

We are always open to new ideas, unfortunately I can’t provide any specifics about when and if we are planning on supporting alternative cryptocurrencies but we do appreciate the feedback!

Thank you for using Coinbase!