Validation question answer is incorrect

when you register for the forums or make a post you have to answer that “the moon” is the largest object that orbits the earth.

This is a problem for two reasons:

1. The moon doesn’t orbit the earth. If the moon orbits anything it would be the sun. I had to guess how your question was wrong to register.
  2. You have to type “the moon”. Just “moon” will not suffice.

You are probably missing out on a lot of community interaction because people who know the moon doesn’t orbit the earth are probably putting in “international space station”, which would be correct, and then giving up when they are told they are wrong.

yeah its harder than I thought to come up with simple questions and answers, and you can only put one option in … I will look for a set of simple questions and answers and post here… let me know ur thoughts on which ones are good and if you have any of your own to suggest.

FuzzyBear

[quote=“majik, post:1, topic:320”]when you register for the forums or make a post you have to answer that “the moon” is the largest object that orbits the earth.

This is a problem for two reasons:

1. The moon doesn’t orbit the earth. If the moon orbits anything it would be the sun. I had to guess how your question was wrong to register.
  2. You have to type “the moon”. Just “moon” will not suffice.

You are probably missing out on a lot of community interaction because people who know the moon doesn’t orbit the earth are probably putting in “international space station”, which would be correct, and then giving up when they are told they are wrong.[/quote]

The moon orbits the Earth, with a ~27 day sidereal period.

I do agree about point two.

I second this complaint (while simultaneously making a start with my two mandatory posts in existing threads).

My validation question was “what is the hash algorithm used by PPC”.
I tried “sha-256” which was rejected; then I tried “sha-2” which was also deemed incorrect. Eventually I tried common misspellings of the name and finally got in with “sha256” (sic).

ok i have changed all to maths questions where you enter numbers foranswers… lets see if this works better

thank you for the feedback

Fuzzybear