[Urgent] Peercoin and Primecoin against CoinValidation

This is currently a hot button issue in the Bitcoin community. I think it would be a great time for Peercoin and Primecoin to come out officially against it, and state that we will never allow it in our protocol.

And if you all remember, Sunny King has said he doesn’t want a Peercoin Foundation because it will become a political target. I’m sure he also doesn’t want some organization that can be bought out to dictate the future direction of Peercoin. How can we take advantage of this opportunity without seeming like we’re spamming?

[quote=“Sunny King, post:1, topic:160”]http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2013/06/23/bitcoin-foundation-receives-cease-and-desist-order-from-california/

The political move against bitcoin has already begun. This comes earlier than I expected, it sure looks like it’s going to escalate from here.

This is why, unlike bitcoin and freicoin, we will not register a foundation.

This is also one of the reasons that I chose to stay low key and keep my personal matters private. If full scale political persecution is coming to cryptocurrency, I hope it can buy some more time for me to make a bit more contribution.

This is also a wake-up call to the narrow-minded, altcoins are helping the cause of cryptocurrency by diversifying development resources, so that it has better chance of survival. It also dilutes the focus on the bitcoin core developers so that they have better chance defending themselves.[/quote]

What about an “neutral” initiative “Altcoins against Coin Validation”?

We could invite all other coins to participate, but if PPC and XPM are the first they will take most advantage of such an initiative.

[quote=“d5000, post:3, topic:755”]What about an “neutral” initiative “Altcoins against Coin Validation”?

We could invite all other coins to participate, but if PPC and XPM are the first they will take most advantage of such an initiative.[/quote]

We could start by making a thread at BitcoinTalk explaining that Sunny King and the Peercoin/Primecoin communities are against all of this and then using the thread to get other coins to support us on this. They could contact us if they wanted to join our initiative and we could add them to the list of coins on the first post that are supporting us.

To take it a step further, we could create a website and have some kind of logo they could all use to put on their websites that lets everyone know their coin is against it. Is there anyway doing all this would benefit us though?

Seeing as though they are already hijacking Bitcoin, I think the best course of action is to keep out of the limelight, this includes campaigning.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:4, topic:755”][quote=“d5000, post:3, topic:755”]What about an “neutral” initiative “Altcoins against Coin Validation”?

We could invite all other coins to participate, but if PPC and XPM are the first they will take most advantage of such an initiative.[/quote]

We could start by making a thread at BitcoinTalk explaining that Sunny King and the Peercoin/Primecoin communities are against all of this and then using the thread to get other coins to support us on this. They could contact us if they wanted to join our initiative and we could add them to the list of coins on the first post that are supporting us.

To take it a step further, we could create a website and have some kind of logo they could all use to put on their websites that lets everyone know their coin is against it. Is their anyway doing all this would benefit us though?[/quote]

Yes a Bitcointalk thread would be awesome.

A logo and website - I don’t know it would be much work. Perhaps if the initiative gains traction.

I don’t understand how this helps though. We want Peercoin to succeed and this requires getting into the limelight. We would have to be vehemently against a Peercoin foundation from the start and make it one of our core values. Somehow, we need to prevent it from ever happening.

I don’t understand how this helps though. We want Peercoin to succeed and this requires getting into the limelight. We would have to be vehemently against a Peercoin foundation from the start and make it one of our core values. Somehow, we need to prevent it from ever happening.[/quote]

This.