Upvote my Peercoin Question to Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne on Reddit

Hey guys, I posted a question to Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne on his Reddit AMA. If we don’t upvote it now, it will be hidden from view as Bitcoin supporters downvote it. Please help me…

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/24kbc0/im_patrick_byrne_a_profreedom_supporter_of/ch7y8ow

Done.

done

Done! :slight_smile:

Even if we don’t get an answer to my Peercoin specific question, he seems to answer how we would go about getting them to accept it at Overstock below. It seems Coinbase is ultimately the answer…

Q: "[i]Hello Patrick!

You have done a great service to the bitcoin community by taking the bold leap and becoming the first major retailer to accept bitcoin. Do you have any future plans to use a payment processor such as GoCoin to take advantage of people holding the major alternative currencies such as Litecoin, Doge, NXT etc? It seems that it is a largely untapped market with a lot of potential."[/i]

A: “Ultimately, my support is for cryptocurrency, of which Bitcoin is currently the most well-known example. I am happy to see other cryptocurrencies gain momentum. As far as Overstock goes… We integrated through Coinbase. I think they are keeping an eye on other cryptocurrencies, and will integrate with them as they develop adherents. Thus, our single integration with Coinbase will allow us to accept others, in time. So take your lobbying to Coinbase, not me! :)”

upvoted, but still -3

I knew this was going to happen. There’s too many Bitcoin fanboys unwilling to consider anything else. Maybe they’re just afraid of the truth.

Although I think it might have been a waste of time I wrote a reply to VP_Marketing_Bitcoin’s post.
Even if that person might not want to understand, other readers might find it interesting.
We need to understand that crypto coins are in some way related to religion, where due to lacking of hard facts, strong believe is filling that empty space.
There is no “truth” that could be claimed as truth. There are more or less likely scenarios :wink:

I knew this was going to happen. There’s too many Bitcoin fanboys unwilling to consider anything else. Maybe they’re just afraid of the truth.[/quote]
They are very religious about it. Despite all our recent upvotes, it’s downvoted to -5 again. Highly suspect some people have more than one account to manipulate the voting.

But Patrick will eventually learn about Peershares and all their voices will be smothered by the success of it. He already showed interest in other asset market offerings.

I knew this was going to happen. There’s too many Bitcoin fanboys unwilling to consider anything else. Maybe they’re just afraid of the truth.[/quote]
They are very religious about it. Despite all our recent upvotes, it’s downvoted to -5 again. Highly suspect some people have more than one account to manipulate the voting.

But Patrick will eventually learn about Peershares and all their voices will be smothered by the success of it. He already showed interest in other asset market offerings.[/quote]

…imagining Overstock issuing more shares using Peershares. :smiley:

But Patrick will eventually learn about Peershares and all their voices will be smothered by the success of it. He already showed interest in other asset market offerings.[/quote]

…imagining Overstock issuing more shares using Peershares. :D[/quote]
He is the guy who would be interested in experimenting with it. It is not about the if it is about the when and Peershares being the best seamless offering (it has to be dead easy) and having good marketing when the time is there.

Edit: just to clarify, with dead easy and seamless, I meant a complete solution, not just installing a piece of tech. Sell it as a service. I hope that is what the aim is of the funded Peershares project.