The Peercoin Team Partners with StakeBox (A Pi Supply Brand) to Deliver a Secure StakeBox for Minting Peercoins. Pre-Order Today!

Retweet

Reddit Announcement

2 Likes

I can confirm that the payment method via PPC works.
Just completed an order and got confirmation of payment completion via email.

8 Likes

Nice :thumbsup:

1 Like

Is this anticipated big annoucement ?
At any rate great!

1 Like

Sweet!

I wanted to point this post out from Peerchemist in the Peerbox thread…

2 Likes

Here is your chance to win a free Peercoin StakeBox…

seems that stakebox has started shipping these!

4 Likes

I was looking to set up a node on a Raspberry - both to help the network and just something to tinker with and learn more. Well worth $50. I planned to follow the PeerBox tutorial.

How’s this Stakebox differ? And how do Automatic Updates work? As a non-techie, is Stakebox more of a set it and forget it?

Thanks, J

Stakebox is a plug and play Pi with the wallet preinstalled.
What is need is a keyboard and monitor to plug in to and you are ready to go.

I assume the wallet works just like other software with a repository so you will get updates just like you would update other software on your pi.

Possibly there is also a peercoind version installed if you wish to work headless. But that is the advanced path for the techies among us.

Peerbox is not maintained anymore so use at your own risk

1 Like

I bought the stakebox.

As far as I know, I have the wallet file from windows PC, how do I get THAT file to run on the peerbox?

The easy way out would be to transfer funds from my pc to the new stakebox wallet file BUT I need to prove a concept of a backup wallet working.

I have NEVER successfully copied a wallet file and have it run on another device, the software seems bloody complicated.

Any help thanks.,

Okay I figured it out.

In the File/Folder Browser on the stakebox(raspberry pi/Linux).

You Navigate to the “home” folder

Then double click on “Pi”

Then press ctrl + h (control button plus h button).

This will then display the peercoin directory, inside is the wallet.dat file, got that sorted out.

As for staking, I’ve just encrypted the wallet file.

What does the lock/unlock button do?

Whether its locked or not I have to enter the passcode to send coins, im okay with that, so it has to be unlocked for minting?

And how about the stakebox? I’ve got it connected to a TV, IF I have the peercoin client open and unlocked, If I remove my usb receiver for my keyboard and mouse, will the box stay open for minting? Is it a problem if the system goes into a standby mode?

Nice work setting up a stake box! :tada:

Yeah, once you’ve encrypted the wallet you can use “Settings > Decrypt Wallet for Minting Only” to start minting.

It won’t be minting while the system is sleeping but it should find new connections and resume minting when the system wakes up :slight_smile:

I have a few questions regarding StakeBox, hopefully somebody can clarify for me.

So I received my StakeBox about a week ago after ordering one directly from stakebox.org and as soon as I opened up the Peercoin Wallet I noticed the following highlighted notice;

This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications

Is this correct? If this is a pre-release test build when will the official build be ready, how can I upgrade to it?

Additionally I noticed it is running Peercoin v0.6.3.0, with the v0.7 hard fork right around the corner on January 28th, 2019, would I be able to upgrade to it as well?

1 Like

this is because on arm, some things are different, it says this
yes you should be able to upgrade to v0.7

it happens because there is raspberry pi specific patch being applied just before the compliation so it becomes “dirty build” and triggers that pre-release thing

2 Likes

so how do i update? it is done automatically with the regular system updates?

Update as you would update the system.

‘sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade’

1 Like

I’m not sure but I think the OS should run automatic updates.

Hi
How can I update my StakeBox to the latest version?
The last update I see online is still on version v0.7.1.
Thanks as always for your support.

2 Likes