Upcoming Sunny King Interview Oct 17 at 10pm UTC - Need Your Questions

[quote=“Jimmy, post:15, topic:447”]1. The scale exponent between difficulty and hashrate is -4, and why not -2 or -3? Is it -4 a magic number which have any necessary meaning that -2 or -3 doesn’t have?

1. Is there any block data parsing tool available right now for peercoin? How about peercoin wealth distribution now about 14 months after its birth? How do you think of its evolution in the next year?[/quote]

2. The scale exponent between PoW Reward and hashrate is -1/4, and why not -1/3 or -1/2? Is it -1/4 a magic number which has any necessary meaning that -1/3 or -1/2 doesn’t have?

3. Is there any block data parsing tool available right now for peercoin? How about peercoin wealth distribution now about 14 months after its birth? How do you think of its evolution in the next year?

Some of the questions being asked – for example the peercoin foundation question and transaction fee questions – have been answered to viarious degree by Sunny before in the forum. It would be efficient to point out current answers by Sunny King so that some of the questions that we have answers don’t need to be considered, and Sunny can check if some of the important questions (asked by multiple people) are needed to be answered in a proper way (i.e. answer again to drive in the message, or give an extended answer based on the existing one, or update the answer because context and sitituations have changed etc.).

If anyone wants to take on that project before tomorrow night, that would be a huge help.

1. Could you explain just how hard it actually is to perform a 51% attack on PoS? What would it take, and how much would it cost to perform this attack? Will this attack be perpetually harder to do as time goes on?

2. Why is the ratio between number of proof-of-work blocks and proof-of-stake blocks is variable in PPC. Seems to change from day to day, what causes this to happen?

3. Could you please explain exactly how the level of PoW and PoS difficulty is calculated?

4. About how many more weeks until PPC v0.4 comes out? What will be the new features?

5. How much longer do you think it will be before PPC v0.5 comes out and we have the user-enabled checkpoint system?

6. Can you explain how the ppc checkpoint system works by community consensus in the event of persistent 51% attack on proof-of-stake or other emergencies, and how that even though the checkpoints are currently centralized, this is not synonymous with ppc itself being centralized. Explain how there is no centralized control over changing ppc, but that in order to revert back to a checkpoint it still takes community consensous. So basically explain how centralized checkpoints does not meaning ppc is centralized. And could you give us an example: Explain basically what steps need to happen in the event of an emergency, so the community can quickly react, and knows what to do. Explain the difference between how the checkpoints are set up now and how this will be different in the future with the user-enabled checkpoints. Basically expalin how ppc’s checkpoint system is a good thing, and does not mean the ppc itself is centralized or arbitrarily controlled by you.

If anyone wants to take on that project before tomorrow night, that would be a huge help.[/quote]
In regard to the transaction fee question, there was discussion with Sunny about it here: ドローン選びのポイントを学ぶ!

Furthermore, Sunny said the following to me soon after this in a PM:
“Fees are not being changed any time soon and I generally agree with most of your points. See my reply in the thread. What I am saying is that there was no promise that fees would not be changed via a hard fork in the future. However without a workable solution to the scalability problems fees are not getting reduced even at BTC valuations.”

It’s most likely purposeful misinformation to get people to avoid Peercoin. It would be nice to break this one down on the myth page.

Anyway, the interview is almost here. Can anyone think of anything else to ask? Are there any common accusations against Peercoin that we’re forgetting about that we could clear up? Are there anymore untrue myths? Is there anything about how Peercoin technically works that we still don’t understand? Now is the time to ask these questions if you can think of them.

Countdown To http://is.gd/wNhFYD #countdown

for everyone who needs to know when the interview is

another question:

How will the constant adjustment of difficulty help with protecting the kernel?

People should read the interviews that have been done b4 so not duplicate questions

It would be nice to gather all these interviews together so we can use them to provide information for the wiki.

Here’s the 12 questions I plan on asking tonight:

http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611.msg5494#msg5494

Here’s the 66 total questions (some duplicates, some will be consolidated) from the community:

http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611.msg5484#msg5484

• A collection of previous interview would be great
  • After this first interview, I’m looking toward the community to help me consolidate/remove duplicates of remaining questions

It would be nice to gather all these interviews together so we can use them to provide information for the wiki.[/quote]

Transcript of Sunny King Interview with Vitalik Buterin from BitcoinMagazine there is the one with Vitalik Buterin