Upcoming Sunny King Interview Oct 17 at 10pm UTC - Need Your Questions

Team,

Sunny has agreed to do an interview with me in the chatbox Oct 17 at 10pm UTC. This interview will serve a number of purposes that immediately benefit our community:

1. External PR - Once the interview is complete, we’ll blast it everywhere. The idea is to start moving out of the crypto community exclusively and get interest from others in the business and finance communities.

2. FAQ - It’ll help populate it with Sunny’s own words

3. AMA - This will allow others in the community to help Sunny when we eventually do an AMA

4. PPC/XPM Myths - It’ll give us the material we need to create a great myth-busters page. Now when our people are in forums/trollboxes, they’ll be able to respond to the critics with a consistent message

5. Wiki - This material will help populate the Wiki

** Action **

Please start writing your questions below. I asked Sunny for 45 minutes of his time, this should give us ample time to really put something special together as a community.

John

I would recommend doing this on the forum and not the chat box. The chat box has no archive, so Sunny’s answers would get wiped off the page. Also, it’s not suitable for the long and detailed explanations that Sunny is likely to give.

And to everyone else, I would recommend asking Sunny everything we’re going to need to know to fill out the wiki, FAQ, myth page, etc… If there’s something we don’t have a clear enough answer on, we need to ask it. And I would ask that Sunny give us answers that are as detailed as possible. It will help us put everything together more easily.

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:2, topic:447”]I would recommend doing this on the forum and not the chat box. The chat box has no archive, so Sunny’s answers would get wiped off the page. Also, it’s not suitable for the long and detailed explanations that Sunny is likely to give.

And to everyone else, I would recommend asking Sunny everything we’re going to need to know to fill out the wiki, FAQ, myth page, etc… If there’s something we don’t have a clear enough answer on, we need to ask it. And I would ask that Sunny give us answers that are as detailed as possible. It will help us put everything together more easily.[/quote]

I suggested Skype, however, Sunny wanted to do it in the chatbox. I’ll make sure to keep camtasia rolling and will convert it to a PDF for him to review.

I agree 100%, anything and everything we need for FAQ, myths, wiki etc… we need to get it out! This our time to shine everyone!!

[ul][li]what’s your daily job ?[/li]
[li]how close are we from version 4 ?[/li]
[li]who are doing what in the dev team ?[/li]
[li]Should we have a PPC foundation to set the coin to a focused path ? I hear Litecoin is about to found one[/li]
[li]Folks in the other community have been bitching about the check point. Rumor has it is to be removed by the of year (PPC). Is that right ? What is the reason behind such time frame ? What about XPM ?[/li]
[li]Beside finding prime, have you thought of other types of full-on prove of work ?[/li]
[li]What are services that you would like to see by order ? We pretty much have settled on exchanges, but the acceptance is close to nonexistence.[/li][/ul]

Switching it up…

1. Who are your business and personal heroes?
  2. What legacy do you wish to leave through your Peercoin experience?
  3. Where do you see Peercoin ten years from now?

no, reason why: [quote=“Sunny King, post:1, topic:160”]Bitcoin Foundation Receives Cease And Desist Order From California

The political move against bitcoin has already begun. This comes earlier than I expected, it sure looks like it’s going to escalate from here.

This is why, unlike bitcoin and freicoin, we will not register a foundation.

This is also one of the reasons that I chose to stay low key and keep my personal matters private. If full scale political persecution is coming to cryptocurrency, I hope it can buy some more time for me to make a bit more contribution.

This is also a wake-up call to the narrow-minded, altcoins are helping the cause of cryptocurrency by diversifying development resources, so that it has better chance of survival. It also dilutes the focus on the bitcoin core developers so that they have better chance defending themselves.[/quote]

Someone has asked similar questions but this is my vote:

• What is your long-term vision for PeerCoin and strategy leading to that vision?
  • What is your one-year plan and mid-term roadmap that implement your strategy?
  • How do you want to assemble a development team beside you (the architect) ?
  1. Could we migrate/copy all the features of BTC to PPC in the long run? like colored coin/mastercoin stuff?
  2. Should we set up a PPC foundation?

The main thing I want to see Sunny address in detail is the accusation that proof of stake is setup like central banking, where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Certain people have problems with the fact that those who own the most coins will get the most newly minted coins. If possible, before answering the question, Sunny should read this thread to get a feel for the opposing argument. The thread is a back and forth discussion about this very issue. I feel it’s one of the biggest misunderstandings about Peercoin and it needs to be cleared up for people in the wiki.

Why is PPC still the best coin compared to all the other PoS/PoW coins now coming out?
For example, a new coin just came out “Deutsche eMark”: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310939.0

Basically, what is so good about PPC that set’s it apart from it’s clones, and why was the way PPC designed to be the way it is, why is it the best design out of them all? Why was it designed the way it was vs. being designed with a faster block target, or higher inflation rate. How is PPC still going to be competitive/supreme on energy efficiency? Is it’s design more for long-term security and sustainability? How will PPC be able to fend off competition from other coins?

1. should we merge with the bitcoin 0.9 (instead of 0.8 ) and go from there?

[quote=“super3, post:1, topic:445”]The new Bitcoin 0.9 is going to implement some nice things like an independent RPC client binary, and fix some centralization problems. Not to mention the other stuff that we have missed. I suggest we merge with the 0.9 release, and go from there.

Also I addressed some old issues, and they need to be closed. Can you do it or can you give me the perms to do it myself? My next commit will be trying to fix some of the incorrect images and icon in the current Qt client.[/quote]

[quote=“Sentinelrv, post:2, topic:447”]I would recommend doing this on the forum and not the chat box. The chat box has no archive, so Sunny’s answers would get wiped off the page. Also, it’s not suitable for the long and detailed explanations that Sunny is likely to give.

And to everyone else, I would recommend asking Sunny everything we’re going to need to know to fill out the wiki, FAQ, myth page, etc… If there’s something we don’t have a clear enough answer on, we need to ask it. And I would ask that Sunny give us answers that are as detailed as possible. It will help us put everything together more easily.[/quote]
Turns out I do have archive record of chat box only viewable by admins, I’ll see if I can post archive of chatbox in a thread
Fuzzybear

What features will the new PPC client have, and will proof-of-stake minting be made more easy to do or even automated?

Is PPC/XPM your full time job?

Do you hold enough cryptocoins to live from that?

When did you start with bitcoins?

Are you Satoshi Nakamoto or met him ever?

Do you plan to release another currency?

What do you think is the biggest risk for PPC? For me it is that you are somehow not available anymore, do you have plans for this case?

Edit:

Is Sunny King one person or a group of persons?

1. The scale exponent between difficulty and hashrate is -4, and why not -2 or -3? Is it -4 a magic number which have any necessary meaning that -2 or -3 doesn’t have?

2. Is there any block data parsing tool available right now for peercoin? How about peercoin wealth distribution now about 14 months after its birth? How do you think of its evolution in the next year?

1. Do you think value stability is important and desirable for PPC?
    2a. Will transaction fees be fixed at 0.01 forever, also if PPC reaches prices over, let’s say $50?
    2b. Instead of the 0,01 PPC fixed fee, would it be possible to implement a fixed percentual tx fee (e.g. 0,1 %)?
    2c. Another idea (I don’t remember who said it) was to tie tx fees to difficulty (lower diff -> higher tx fee) as diff is related to price. What do you think about that?

(2a has been answered by Sunny King in the forum, so 2b and 2c probably are obsolete too)

1. If tx fees will continue to be fixed at 0.01, which solutions do you imagine for micropayments?
  2. What mechanism prevents PPC to collapse in a worst-case-scenario, e.g. a year-long strong bear market with steadily dropping hashrate, increasing mining rewards and higher inflation?

You see, the tx fee is my biggest concern about PPC. And if there is a convincing answer to question 3, it would be a strong argument for PPC.

Only one question. Can we merge Peercoin with Bitcoin 0.9?

If you’re not Satoshi, do you plan on following in his footsteps and vanishing into the night once Peercoin is successful, never to be heard from again or do you plan on sticking around and being a voice for the currency?

1. Can you tell us more about ‘sendtoaddressfrom’ and Avatar mode?
  2. Have you looked at Zerocoin? If so, do you see that or something similar as a direction for PPC?
  3. What are your thoughts on Namecoin’s .bit domains?
  4. Could you talk about the relationship of Peercoin to Litecoin and Bitcoin. What do you see long term?
  5. Could you briefly explain Jordan Lee’s Peershare idea in layman’s terms?
  6. What do think of all the coins that are based off PPC?
  7. What are your thoughts about SETI and other projects that utilize unused processing? Do you see a place for it in crypto coins?
  8. PPC has been accused of being a premined coin time and time again. In reality it was announced 9 days prior to launch with a high difficulty of 256. Why did you decide those parameters?

As of PrimeCoin PR, it would be really nice to have an article published in one of recognized popular science, or non-peer-reviewed science journals such as

New Scientist
Science Illustrated
Scientific American
etc.

AFAIK, new scientist keeps publishing short notices on BTC, which also added to its popularity and broad recognition.

God luck with the interview! I’m looking forward to other devs of these excellent coins being interviewed as well.