Up and Running with Peercoin [Video Tutorials]

Hi r00tsical, you are the bomb! it worked! more question for you,after I brought up command prompt, it ask password, is that same as walletpassphrase? I enter the walletpasphrase , right now it still said "minting suspende due to locked wallet ", is it normal? how long will take to start minting? thanks

@dellacoin. make sure your wallet is open and then open mint.bat . then enter your wallet password. the bottom left hand corner should now stop saying ‘Minting suspended due to locked wallet’ after a brief pause . you will then be minting but how quick you mint depends on how many coins you have and how long you have held them for… hope that helps…

Im up an running, but I expect my cpu to get hot and the fan to be on 100% of the time. I guess not then.
15 x core2duo 7250 - 2ghs with 2mb cache - having looked at primecoins difficulty and realised the hardware comparison pages are for 9 primes…
Im guessing this is not profitable even at a total power consumption of 950watts total?

Thanks for any comments

@noobydo mining uses intensive processing but minting doesn’t. i haven’t gotten into mining as my computer can’t really hack it but i do cover minting in one of the videos:

you can generate around 1% of your holdings per annum through minting and your computer won’t get hot… hope that helps…

[quote=“r00tsical, post:42, topic:715”]@dellacoin. make sure your wallet is open and then open mint.bat . then enter your wallet password. the bottom left hand corner should now stop saying ‘Minting suspended due to locked wallet’ after a brief pause . you will then be minting but how quick you mint depends on how many coins you have and how long you have held them for… hope that helps…[/quote][color=blue]Hi r00tsical, I still have problem, I brought up the commend promp, enter the password which is my walletpassphrase, I did get the wallet open first, then open the bat file, the wallet is encrypted.what is happening? thanks

@dellacoin
that sounds very strange. i’m at a bit of a loss - once you enter the password into the command prompt could you confirm whether you see anything written on the bottom left hand corner saying: ‘Minting suspended due to locked wallet’? also could you confirm that you didn’t change any of the text copied into mint.bat and that for ppcoin.conf, the only text you changed after copying in was for this section:

rpcuser= rpcpassword=
if all that fails, perhaps we should look at starting a thread in the general section of the forum and seeing whether any of the experts can help. what operating system are you on - windows 7? i'm really sorry you are having so much trouble..

Hi r00tsical,I am so sorry to burden you with my problem. I confim :

1. left hand corner saying "minting suspened due to locked wallet ",

2.in pcoin.conf I only change the username and password,

1. operating system I am on is window-xp.

Could you address the password question? in the command promp the passwaord is wallet passphrase or the same in the conf file? Thanks

@dellacoin

no problem. again i’m really sorry for you that you are having such a problem. to answer your question, the password you should enter in the command prompt that comes up on running mint.bat should be the wallet password you set and not the password that you put in the conf file. unfortunately i cannot think of why your wallet is not unlocking. so, i have started a thread, hoping that someone with more expertise may be able to help:

sorry i couldn’t be of more help…

Hi, r00tsical just let you know that it finally minting,yay,I went back to my conf file, relized that when I save the file, it was saved wrong. with your help and effert ,it is working now. I wish you have a prosperous new year!good health! Thank you .

@dellacoin. you too - glad you got it sorted!