To Sunny King (about ppcoin.org)

Dear Sunny King:

i kno you dont have time for building a website coz you’re working on ppc/prime.

please delegate to someone here who knos how to make a website to make us websites for ppc/prime.

ppc is growing, we need a website that can be use to inform new investors/miners.

i urge you to consider this proposition, and lets get this done.

thanks.

what exactly is the issue, it all looks pretty good to me?

The website has 5 images, with 4 of them broken. You also have no idea where clicking on those images will take you. We need something that is informative, explains the differences between bitcoin and peercoin, the benefits in text as well as video. There could be a blog with updates, this forum could be linked to it. There’s so much that could be done with the website.

I saw people just today on btc-e talking about how horrible it is and asking why they should invest in the coin. This website is preventing many people from investing because it’s not professional looking. Making this thing as informative and clean looking as possible will only encourage people to learn about it and invest their money. We should be using the website as a learning tool to bring awareness to ppc.

we need a green light from Sunny King, then someone who knows how to do this can volunteer or i can raise some ppc and pay someone to do it.

i dont know how to make a website. i will contribute 200ppcs for this cause.

by the way great job with the logo Sentinelrv, i have never got the chance to say it. :slight_smile:

Thanks. Actually, I believe that Sunny has said in the past that he’s waiting on somebody else to take up the task of building a new website, so it should be ok to start work at any time. We were just waiting on the logo to be finished first.

Before we just hire somebody to do it though, we need to sit down here and discuss what we want the site to be like, what features we want, what information, what kind of style, etc… This is something we can do right now. Maybe the spike in price will give people the motivation to finally start discussing this.

I built something like that here: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303.msg1895#msg1895

I agree we need a peercoin info-portal. Although it could be realized as a separate website to ppcoin.org. I remember someone of the forum members owns peercoin.org / peercoin.com, am I right?

I can translate all basic information text to German and Spanish. I’ve grown up bilingual so I am fluent in both languages.

super3, the site looks nice; but ppcoin and elacoin have nothing to do with one another. i dont think it a good idea to make them look alike.

are you willing to make the site from scratch? (we’ll start with ppcoin.org, if the community want it to be on primecoin.org too then so be it)

we can make a list of suggestions that we want on the website and you can start from there, how is that?

i can make a new thread so ppl who want to contribute (ideas and coins) can do so.

super3, the site looks nice; but ppcoin and elacoin have nothing to do with one another. i dont think it a good idea to make them look alike.

are you willing to make the site from scratch? (we’ll start with ppcoin.org, if the community want it to be on primecoin.org too then so be it)

we can make a list of suggestions that we want on the website and you can start from there, how is that?

i can make a new thread so ppl who want to contribute (ideas and coins) can do so.[/quote]Like I said in the previous thread I can launch that page now so we having something at least better. And then work on the next few weeks with you guys to develop a real website. I made the elacoin website. I own elacoin.com and elacoin.org. If its a conflict I can just take the elacoin website down. I care much more about Peercoin.

I think that sounds good. We can put that website up for now and then work on a good one here. At least it won’t be driving people away from investing in ppc anymore. What does everyone else think about putting up the temp site now?

If Sunny doesn’t respond here to let us know if this is ok then I guess I can message him.

I feel like the Wikipedia page alone is 100% more informative and professional than the current site.

i can make a new thread so ppl who want to contribute (ideas and coins) can do so.[/quote]

Sentinelrv will do this instead of me. thanks.