This is actually kind of hardware I've always wanted for Peerbox

On the first look it looks ideal for Peerbox, I guess this is what majority of people really want. Something that they will not even know that it is actually computer. It looks like USB memory stick.
But this is a full computer, ever more powerful than Raspberry Pi.
Advantages over Raspberry Pi are more compact form, no need for power source, no need for ethernet or router and can easily be made plug and play for any OS and setting.

However it is bit pricey, with price tag almost 4 times the Raspberry Pi and with shipping that goes up to 150$.

However I’m intrigued by it. I want to develop for this.

So I will ask you do you want it, and does anyone care to donate for it’s purchase or send one directly?

yes it is very cool thing, saw it the other day, i agree

I saw it too. My understanding is, that it doesn’t have Ethernet and connects through the host pc.
That’s a pity. That way you can’t run it as standalone (I think this might be intended)

[quote=“willywithcoinnode, post:3, topic:3164”]I saw it too. My understanding is, that it doesn’t have Ethernet and connects through the host pc.
That’s a pity. That way you can’t run it as standalone (I think this might be intended)[/quote]

It can connect with USB. It emulates ethernet with USB port, that makes it special.

Yes. But USB emulation needs a host. :slight_smile:

Ah, that is what you are trying to say. Yes, it needs a host PC to operate.
But I think this way it would make the Peerbox more noob friendly

I think devices only running on a host machine will not run constantly.
Thus this could discourage minting and hinder achieving more full nodes, both of which peerbox on rpi did splendidly so far.

Nice. So I can plug it in my raspi and free the raspi for other tinkering :))

Exactly :slight_smile:

The devs added a host adapter to the project at https://www.crowdsupply.com/inverse-path/usb-armory?utm_source=email&utm_blast=post&utm_campaign=armory

this is looking really good! :slight_smile:

[quote=“willywithcoinnode, post:10, topic:3164”]The devs added a host adapter to the project at https://www.crowdsupply.com/inverse-path/usb-armory?utm_source=email&utm_blast=post&utm_campaign=armory

this is looking really good! :)[/quote]

Does this give it the ability to run independently? Plugging it into my computer and running a Peerbox would be great and easy, but what happens when I turn my computer off and the device isn’t getting any power? A Peerbox would need to be able to run independently correct? For example, setting it somewhere safe on your desk and letting it do its job without having to fool with or worry about it. Peerbox needs to be as simple as possible to setup. When I look at the Pi, it looks complicated to me. Anything that takes that complexity away is a plus.

Afaik, yes. One usb slot is for the device, one for a wifi-dongle and one power input.

Many if not most of the computers these days have USB ports that have power even if the computer is shut down, or at least you can configure the ports to behave that way.

Many if not most of the computers these days have USB ports that have power even if the computer is shut down, or at least you can configure the ports to behave that way.[/quote]

The other is how to get network connection in that case.