Therocktrading.com deserves more love

Guys and gals: bring more live to PPC/EUR market on therocktrading.com

• first (the only?) PPC Ripple gateway
  • they run their service from 2007
  • very nice support w/ tickets and #therocktrading

Make therock_(EUR/USD/BTC/NMC/LTC/DOGE) / therock_PPC market in Ripple network - the first step to create linkage between PPC and bitstamp_USD | ripplecn_CNY | others.

Before we create PPC-core services it will be good to use Ripple network to increase PPC adoption.

I’m not sure if it would be necessary with therocktrading as they already seem to have a little volume, but I have been thinking recently whether it would be worth having a small fund for stimulating trading on certain exchanges.

No one uses exchanges unless they have volume, and they obviously don’t get volume until people use them. Trading small amounts between ourselves could help the exchange, with the cost to us being fees and possible loss through exchange rates.

It would only be used on exchanges the community feels add something beneficial or of strategic value, not every little exchange that pops up. Just a thought.

I have experience in crypto market making and arbitrage (I built my own custom software for this purpose). However, I eventually pulled out completely, as the risk of an exchange failure increased. Making a little by earning the spread doesn’t matter much when withdrawals are not processed! ::slight_smile:

I would be open to considering a liquidity-providing arrangement with a trustworthy exchange.

kac-: thank you for your nice words about therocktrading :slight_smile:

river333: do you know that at therocktrading you would be able to IPO such a fund on our stock exchange, in PPC (and eventually distribute dividends in PPC)?

Chronos: I understand the main problem for traders and especially arbitragers is finding trustworthy exchange and I fully agree with you.
We run an arbitrage fund ourselves and we have openly discussed the main problems (also advicing about MtGox failure months before it happened).

Why you should trust therock? Well, several things may help: we are in business since 2007, albeit as only a “virtual” financial institution
and our history should speaks for itself: check our open forums. We are also now among the oldest bitcoin exchange in business: we
were not the first, but all others before us has now closed (June 2011).
We are a real company, based in Malta: on our website you can check our certificate of registration and we are also
using an EV SSL, that - as you know - can be issued only after several checks. We are audited by KPMG.
We are not faking volumes (otherwise they won’t be so low :slight_smile: and are not asking unreasonable low fees: we are business
and want to stay in business.

If there is anything we can do to improve PPC experience at therock, being it about volumes, features, whatever, just ask.
We are far from perfect and we don’t pretend to be the best exchange, but we are working hard since years and plan
to offer the best we can for a long time.

Thank you
/paci

Looks good.

What about THEROCKTRADING (Absolutely the most trustworthy exchange in Europe) becomes the first exchange of reference for PPC and also XPM (delisted by btc-e)? we will be trying to bring liquidity and volumes in there. Stay tuned.

Bump, anyone trade on here? Anyone used the ppc ripple gateway?

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Dear all,

I’m speaking on behalf of The Rock Trading. Due to a low volume on our Peercoin markets (PPC/BTC and PPC/EUR), we’re thinking about closing the Peercoin markets on The Rock. Before doing that, we would like to have a feedback from the community: are those markets on The Rock useful for you? Do you plan to use them more in the future?

Thank you!

I would not mind, except that I go where the action is to keep the spread as low as possible.

[quote=“mikexine, post:8, topic:2648”]Dear all,

I’m speaking on behalf of The Rock Trading. Due to a low volume on our Peercoin markets (PPC/BTC and PPC/EUR), we’re thinking about closing the Peercoin markets on The Rock. Before doing that, we would like to have a feedback from the community: are those markets on The Rock useful for you? Do you plan to use them more in the future?

Thank you![/quote]
Your volume is relative to number of users. You should concentrate on growing the user base rather than shrinking your trading pairs.

thank you for your feedback!

[quote=“sahkan, post:10, topic:2648”][…]
Your volume is relative to number of users. You should concentrate on growing the user base rather than shrinking your trading pairs.[/quote]

It does not depend on the number of users, from our experience, but on the “quality” of them.
Plus, increasing user base is easier saying then done. But I get your point.

Market makers is what usually makes the difference for all: if someone is willing to be a market
maker for PPC on therocktrading.com contact us and we can offer special conditions, like big
discount on commission fees.

Thank you
/paci

@paci

What are you doing so far to attract more Peercoin traders? Did you maybe think of doing something with Peercoin community and by doing so starting creative and profitable relation with the community.

For example, we are now moving to release Peercoinwisdom website (http://www.peercoinwisdom.com/) a community portal which will serve as a hub for all Peercoin related news and articles.
TheRockTrading could provide some content for the site, like arbitrage alert or something else trading/economics related.
Just spewing ideas here, I am sure you can think of something. :slight_smile: