[SUPPORT] beeeeer.org - tech support

Thank you for the suggestion.
I was following this tutorial so far for mingw32: Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

About Mingw-w64 - I am having some headaches with GMP install on it.

./configure --prefix=/c/deps/gmp/ --enable-cxx --with-gnu-ld
When using
--enable-cxx
option I get an error while configuring for missing DLL file (libstdc++-6.dll). If I remove it - on making file from the MSYS console with command:
make -f makefile.mingw64
I get an error of missing gmpxx.h file.

I start to realize that this Windows compiling is not for me.
I will appreciate if you point me to some FAQ or docs about cross-compiling miners… Doesn’t matter if it is on Linux or Windows.

Hello!
I have a problem with statistics. I have 3 miners (0,1 and 2). I started third one yesterday. It already found 7 and 8 chains. But I can’t see it in statistics. What should I do?
See screenshots for details.

check the sharelog, not only the sharehistory
read about cppsrb, beeeeer’s payout system: here

[quote=“xolokram, post:623, topic:358”]check the sharelog, not only the sharehistory
read about cppsrb, beeeeer’s payout system: here[/quote]

Sharelog is the same. Only ID0 and ID1 :frowning:

is the miner id parameter missing a “-” ???
it should be -minerid=2 and not minerid=2
i’m not sure, hard to check on the screenshot

[quote=“rame0, post:622, topic:358”]Hello!
I have a problem with statistics. I have 3 miners (0,1 and 2). I started third one yesterday. It already found 7 and 8 chains. But I can’t see it in statistics. What should I do?
See screenshots for details.

[/quote]

It may be a silly suggestion but from your screenshot it is not visible have you set the minerid with “-” or without “-” like the other arguments.
This may be causing the problem?

zazzbg, i’ll check my mingw64 compilation once i get back home tomorrow

[quote=“xolokram, post:625, topic:358”]is the miner id parameter missing a “-” ???
it should be -minerid=2 and not minerid=2
i’m not sure, hard to check on the screenshot[/quote]

That’s right! I forgot about “-”. Thank you!

[quote=“zazzbg, post:626, topic:358”]It may be a silly suggestion but from your screenshot it is not visible have you set the minerid with “-” or without “-” like the other arguments.
This may be causing the problem?[/quote]

Yes. That caused the problem.

Hello! Having problem with mining:

I’m running Primecoin Pool Miner v0.8 RC2 on Litecoin-bamt 1.3

The problem is, the miner only uses one core of the CPU. I’m starting the miner with command “screen ./primeminer -poolip=176.34.128.129 -poolport=1337 -pooluser=xxxx poolpassword=PASSWORD”

By looking at htop I can see that one core is in full load, the core used switches around quite frequently. I would really like to use 3/4 cores :d

EDIT: Starting 3 instances of miner works as well, but I don’t really like that method :smiley:

Add this parameter

-genproclimit = NUMBER_OF_CORES_TO_USE

[quote=“washingmachine, post:630, topic:358”]Hello! Having problem with mining:

I’m running Primecoin Pool Miner v0.8 RC2 on Litecoin-bamt 1.3

The problem is, the miner only uses one core of the CPU. I’m starting the miner with command “screen ./primeminer -poolip=176.34.128.129 -poolport=1337 -pooluser=xxxx poolpassword=PASSWORD”

By looking at htop I can see that one core is in full load, the core used switches around quite frequently. I would really like to use 3/4 cores :d

EDIT: Starting 3 instances of miner works as well, but I don’t really like that method :D[/quote]

you need to add -genproclimit=3 (this tells the miner to use 3 cores.)

Thanks for answers but that doesn’t help. It just limits the maximum cores used to 3 but still uses just one.

This is odd. I use the -genproclimit parameter all the time and it works fine of a wide variety of CPUs, intel and Athlon, with and without hyperthreading. What OS/CPU are you running? Note if you omit the minus sign or have a space between it and the ‘g’ it doesn’t work…

Running Primecoin Pool Miner v0.8 RC2 on Litecoin-bamt 1.3

Had some hard time compiling the miner but got it to work eventually, well except this problem.

CPU is FX-4300

[quote=“zazzbg, post:621, topic:358”]Thank you for the suggestion.
I was following this tutorial so far for mingw32: Cryptoblog - notícias sobre bitcoin e criptomoedas!

About Mingw-w64 - I am having some headaches with GMP install on it.

./configure --prefix=/c/deps/gmp/ --enable-cxx --with-gnu-ld
When using
--enable-cxx
option I get an error while configuring for missing DLL file (libstdc++-6.dll). If I remove it - on making file from the MSYS console with command:
make -f makefile.mingw64
I get an error of missing gmpxx.h file.

I start to realize that this Windows compiling is not for me.
I will appreciate if you point me to some FAQ or docs about cross-compiling miners… Doesn’t matter if it is on Linux or Windows.[/quote]
you’ll need “–enable-cxx”, as the mining coded uses the C++ bindings of libgmp

regarding *.dll: have you tried to compile it statically?

configure --enable-static=no --enable-cxx make
otherwise you’ll need to copy the missing *.dlls from the msys/mingw paths to your project’s path.

and, as someone else already mentioned:
the crashs can be caused by optimized code
every library and the resulting miner is optimized for the native machine you’re building on, unless you tell gcc to do something else
this means: it will try to optimize the code to use SSE/AVX if build on a SSE/AVX machine, which can cause troubles on older machines without SSE/AVX

what are the exact hardware cpu-specs for your test machines and your building machine??

@washingmachine:
are you sure the miner is starting 3 threads?? do you see the “Hello, World!” / “GoGoGo!” lines in your log of the miner 3 times?
what’s the exact command line you’re using to launch the miner?

• xolokram

ps. my starting point was for windows binaries (I’m not cross-compiling it) was cygwin + its mingw64 builds if i remember correctly (and when i look at the messy mingw64 environment)
pps. i’ll try to re-create the whole process of setting up mingw64 + libs for win64 … oh god why … this will be so painful … when i have time for this

I was compiling the miner on AMD Phenom II x4 945 (Windows 7 Professional 32 bit) and then testing it on Intel Core i5 (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit).

[quote=“xolokram, post:636, topic:358”]@washingmachine:
are you sure the miner is starting 3 threads?? do you see the “Hello, World!” / “GoGoGo!” lines in your log of the miner 3 times?
what’s the exact command line you’re using to launch the miner?

• xolokram[/quote]

Oh my god. The problem was: I had two spaces (instead of one) between poolip and -poolport. Quite interesting that otherwise it worked well but just used one core.

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

I would like to know if i discontinue for some day the mining of a worker on a certain xpm address the primecoin earned up until that moment will be lost or they stay for some time in hold waiting the worker to restart mining?

It will stay as long as beeeeer pool exists.