Sunny's Feb 25th Update: v0.4 Proposed Release Plan

Here is Sunny’s latest update which details his proposed release plan of v0.4…

February 25, 2014, 07:19:37 AM

Weekly Update #79

• Since Peercoin v0.4 is a planned mandatory upgrade and due to Peercoin’s popularity, it is now supported on so many different exchanges that I have lost count of. It’s prudent to take a cautious approach to this release. Here is the proposed release plan:

• Week 1: Peercoin v0.4 release candidate for testnet deployment.
• Week 2: Release candidate upgrade window for testnet.
• Week 3: Post upgrade testnet validation.
• Week 4: Peercoin v0.4 release for mainnet deployment.
• Week 5-8: v0.4 release upgrade window.
• Week 9: Upgrade deadline and v0.4 protocol switch.

Have fun!

So, for the common man, ie non developers, we should expect to see v.04 in five weeks?

Also, is it already released to testnet? (ie are we in week 1?)

What I love about this the most is Sunny’s careful planned launch of 0.4 to ensure it goes well.

He really wants the best stability for Peercoin, and I appreciate his work.

Or, he is not focused on peercoin at all and instead working on other projects. And perhaps he is just buying time with this release schedule. A new release was due months ago. We’ll see what happens this time, I guess.

[quote=“ppcman, post:4, topic:1706”]What I love about this the most is Sunny’s careful planned launch of 0.4 to ensure it goes well.

He really wants the best stability for Peercoin, and I appreciate his work.[/quote]

Or, he is not focused on peercoin at all and instead working on other projects. And perhaps he is just buying time with this release schedule. A new release was due months ago. We'll see what happens this time, I guess.

He would have to be straight up lying if that were the case. I don’t believe that.

Hammyburger, have you read this?

[quote=“Sunny King”]"Thanks for your comment. The release is a bit slow. This is because I am trying to work on other aspects of the long-term strategy as well, but be assured that I am committed to continue development/maintenance of both Peercoin/Primecoin. For example, I have turned down all invitations to other currency projects due to my commitment to these two projects.

Also, I am watching the political development closely as well, as this is very significant towards our strategy for the next couple years. As you probably already realized, the real battle is not this coin vs that coin, but libertarian vs statist.

Best Regards,"[/quote]

I had not seen that comment Sentinelrv. Reassuring and makes a lot of sense. I figured he would be getting offers from other project so I’m glad he has not taken them. Thanks for sharing!

Actually Sunny has a brilliant politician minded non-committal approach to the Peercoin community. None of his updates have time or feature specifics. He just tells us he will work on some stuff, have it out when he is done while at the same time monitors developments in bitcoin and on the political arena, but I am guessing we are a bit closer than a year ago…

[quote=“ppcman, post:4, topic:1706”]What I love about this the most is Sunny’s careful planned launch of 0.4 to ensure it goes well.

He really wants the best stability for Peercoin, and I appreciate his work.[/quote]

I completely agree.