Sunny: Litecoin is doing an AMA, how about Peercoin/Primecoin?

It would be nice to see a Peercoin/Primecoin ama as well. There’s far too much misinformation in the crypto community about these products.

If Sunny is open to doing an AMA, that would be a great news item we could use to blast out to the crypto community. I have a fairly extensive pr list that could help introduce PPC to those that are only familiar with Bitcoin/Litecoin.

So much misinformation out there, this could kill 2 birds with 1 stone:

• Clear up the misconceptions about the coins
  • Great a news item that could help spread the word

Just a suggestion…

I love this idea, if Sunny is up to the task that is. Do you think we should hold off on it until we build the website first or no? The only reason I ask is because after the AMA, people will be searching for more info on Peercoin and they won’t be able to get it from the official website, since it won’t be done yet. They’ll have to rely on misinformation from people on other message boards.

Personally, I think you’re absolutely right about getting the website up and running. Like you said, this would result in quite a few new faces digging up information about the coin.

It would be a nice event but I think we are still not there yet. For such an event I would need at least another 2~3 members on the team that can answer questions together with me :wink:

AMA would be good, but I think Sunny is right that it needs more people to be knowledgeable about the ins and outs of PPCoin to help with the questions.

First step in my mind is to get a PPCoin wiki going, much like ‘bitcoin.it’ as the information on wallets / PoS / exchanges / etc is either buried in forums at the moment or in someone’s head and should be centralised so its easy to find.

I’m happy to set this up and start populating it, but I probably don’t have the depth of knowledge about PPCoin (at the moment!) to write it all.

nox-

[quote=“nox-, post:6, topic:417”]AMA would be good, but I think Sunny is right that it needs more people to be knowledgeable about the ins and outs of PPCoin to help with the questions.

First step in my mind is to get a PPCoin wiki going, much like ‘bitcoin.it’ as the information on wallets / PoS / exchanges / etc is either buried in forums at the moment or in someone’s head and should be centralised so its easy to find.

I’m happy to set this up and start populating it, but I probably don’t have the depth of knowledge about PPCoin (at the moment!) to write it all.

nox-[/quote]

Yes, this is something we’ve been needing for a long time, all the information just laid out in an organized manner.

So to get us started I’ve stuck a Wiki up on http://peercoin.net - Got to head out now, but I’ll work on making it look pretty and adding the logo in later this evening.

Has there been any decision on whether it is PeerCoin or PPCoin?

Let me know if you want to be a contributor/user/admin and I’ll setup the permissions.

We’ve been trying to transition to Peercoin. We’ve also been trying to obtain and transition to either Peercoin.com or Peercoin.org for the new website. Do you own Peercoin.net? If so, you could be a life saver if we can’t obtain the other domain names.

Yep, I’ve got peercoin.net as well as peercoin.co and peercoin.mobi

Unfortunately peercoin.co.uk went to someone who is just sitting on it since April.

Oh and peercoin.org.uk :slight_smile: