Submit your Questions for Sunny King's Upcoming Interviews (Post v0.4 Release)

I’ve been asked to coordinate with the community to come up with a set of questions that we’d like to present to Sunny King during a series of chat-based interviews after the release of Peercoin v0.4.

Initially, I wanted to see what questions people would like to have answered, and depending on what is submitted, we can consolidate the related ones. If there are a large number of different question submitted – and if that number appears to be enough to cover a (to-be-determined) number of interviews (of approximately 10 questions per interview) – I’ll create a poll that the community can vote on to identify the order that those questions are asked in.

This thread will be promoted on the Peercoin sub-Reddit, through the Peercoin Facebook page and through Twitter. Please share it with your social networks as well, because we’d like to give as many people the heads up that this is happening as possible, so they can be sure to submit their questions.

I expect that some people will be waiting until the release of the v0.4 client, so I’ll make sure to provide a timeline for when we’ll need those questions in, as soon as we have better clarity on when that release is scheduled.

Please submit any questions you have to this thread, but if you have something that you’d like to ask, and don’t feel comfortable publicly posting it, you are welcome to PM me directly.

If it’s more convenient for you to submit your questions through Reddit, you are welcome to use that thread and I’ll repost the questions here for people to see. Additionally, questions can be entered through the Peercoin Facebook page, or sent to me on Twitter (@b_rossi).

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing what questions people would like answered!

NOTE: Please read the last two Sunny King interviews to see if your question has been answered already…

Interview 1: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2216.0
Interview 2: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2218.0

My question is: Could you paint us a picture of where you see the cryptocurrency economy in 2020? What is Peercoin’s role? Does Bitcoin still maintain market dominance? Is an entirely new cryptocurrency being used as the primary one worldwide? Has cryptocurrency passed as a fad?

You have broadly indicated that you see Peercoin as a backbone cryptocurrency, but I think we’re all curious how you see it fitting into the entire ecosystem.

What is the major improvement for ppc 0.4 particularly on the POS security side? As there are people indicated that it does not need to control 50% or more ppc to do a 51% attack… Only require as little as 25% actively minting ppc, that may be not much…

Some possible questions.

What in which specific areas of Peercoin would you like to see development in?
Peercoin is bit over a year and a half years old, where would you like to see Peercoin at age five? (Bitcoin is a little over five years old.)
Given that original 0.4v features have been pushed to 0.5v, are you pushing back the timeline about adding developers too?
What features do you have in mind to improve upon minting, in regards of convenience?
There has been some confusion on what Peercoin is meant for. Can you give us a statement on what the intended usage is by the average consumer?

Would you please comment on the prospects of Turing-complete scripting integration into a distributed blockchain?
If your perception is favorable, what do you think of how it is being planned by Ethereum?

Do you foresee a Peercoin protocol improvement that would enable some kind of “minting-only-transaction” to be signed by a “minting-only” private key so that the client can be authorized to mint the public address coinage with the all-important “spending” private key NEVER having to be online?

I love the participation by the community in this, however it appears it’s going to take some effort on shortening these down.

Example: [size=12pt]Give a simple one-sentence statement, and then ask a one-sentence question?[/size]

If the question is simple and short, the better chance it will be answered directly. There is no opportunity for a follow up question after-the-fact, so make it count.

Long winded, over explanatory questions don’t leave much room for a direct answer. Keep in mind it will be posted to Sunny King in a “chat” format. Simple, direct, questions work best.

Here’s an example of something someone asked, and how it can be re-worded.

My question is: Could you paint us a picture of where you see the cryptocurrency economy in 2020? What is Peercoin's role? Does Bitcoin still maintain market dominance? Is an entirely new cryptocurrency being used as the primary one worldwide? Has cryptocurrency passed as a fad?

This is 5 questions. They all may seem related, but it could be re-written this way:

How do you see Bitcoin’s dominance in the next 5 years of cryptocurrency, and what role will Peercoin play?

Once you shorten it as much as you can, you start to realize, wait a minute, do I want to spend my opportunity on this single question?

Remember, we’re not asking him to give us mini speeches or essays. It’s a list of here’s 10 simple, but important, questions, we’d like to get answers to…

My question to Sunny:

“Recently Newsweek claims they found Satoshi Nakamoto. Why are you protective about your own identity, and are you Satoshi?”

[quote=“ppcman, post:8, topic:1761”]My question to Sunny:

“Recently Newsweek claims they found Satoshi Nakamoto. Why are you protective about your own identity, and are you Satoshi?”[/quote]

He has already denied to be Satoshi in the last interview (saying that, I still believe he is satishi :stuck_out_tongue: )

This has also been answered in the last interview.

@Ben: Could you please link the last iterview in the initial post and ask people to read it before asking questions?

The interview is post 0.4 → we will know the answer to your question then

My questions:

A lot of people (and myself) are afraid that peercoin development is to slow to compete with other coins. What are your plans to expand the development team?

Currently development is hidden and in fact nobody knows what you are doing. This results in speculations. Why do you not push your changes to github or similar?

Currently when you have 1% of all Coins you get about 4% of PoS Blocks (without letting your stake mature 90 days). What are your thoughts on this and do you have any plans on getting more people to do PoS-Minting?
(similar to Percy´s question)

Please correct grammatical errors :wink:

Here are my questions:

1). “What do you think about the “Slasher” punitive PoS algorithm, and could it be implemented in Peercoin?”
2). “What do you think about the idea of airdropping pre-mined coins to the entire population of a country, such as Auroracoin is planning?”
3). “What is the next logical step in Primecoin development, considering that the coin is falling behind in adoption?”

This has also been answered in the last interview.

@Ben: Could you please link the last iterview in the initial post and ask people to read it before asking questions?[/quote]

I added the interviews into Ben’s post. Also, I think that’s a legit question. There are many people that aren’t clear on this, including me. Just look at some of the back and forth on the subreddit when it comes to Peercoin’s purpose. This question needs to be asked, but maybe it could be asked in an expanded, more detailed way. Otherwise, we may just get the same answer as last time.

I apologize in advance as my question relates economic incentives and is kind of drawn out. If its too long, please just leave it to the first paragraph. Thx

Greetings Sunny King,

Question: Will the transaction fee ever be changed from a flat nominal fee to a percentage fee? I don’t want to give the impression I believe the high transaction fee is bad. Like most Peercoin supporters, I believe the high transaction fee defines the currency and should remain relatively high compared to most altcoins. This is because the high fee makes the Peercoin blockchain more scalable at the peer to peer level. However if the Peercoin price keeps rising in the future, it’s my opinion(I don’t think I’m alone) the nominal .01 transaction fee will inevitably become an unaffordable for the poorest Peercoin users.

Sub-Question: If the nominal fee is changed to a percentage fee, transaction volume will likely increase because micro-transactions will be less cost prohibitive as users will only be paying a percentage as a whole for each transaction. In order to mitigate the micro-transaction volume, would a transaction value threshold be set in order to trigger the percentage fee into affect?

Example: If the percentage transaction fee is set at 1%, then a 1 PPC transaction would have a .01 fee. However, if the transaction is .01 PPC, the 1% fee would be .0001. Therefor, the percentage fee wouldn’t do anything to inhibit growth of the blockchain. But if the 1% fee were triggered into affect at or above a threshold of 1 PPC in transaction value, there would be less incentive to make micro-transactions which would bloat the blockchain.

I apologize in advance if I was confusing or incoherent in anyway. This transaction value threshold would probably have to be adjusted based on how Peercoin’s price fluctuates in the future and what the financial status is of the poorest demographic of users. I admit, this would be micromanaging fee to suit one demographic. Perhaps the essence of my question would be, is Peercoin better tailored for poor users or wealthy users? It seems to me it is meant for the latter unless cheap off-chain transactions(Open Transactions) become viable for mainstream adoption. This would be the holy grail for Peercoin! I think Peercoin and OT would be a lethal combination. Peercoin would specialize in the secure store of value side and OT would specialize in the transactional side. OT would take all the transaction revenue away from Peercoin and Peercoin won’t care because it’s not dependent on transaction revenue. OT would treat Peercoin a backbone currency as it’s designed to be.

Thank you for inventing Peercoin and introducing PoS to the market! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Math, Spelling, OT.

At this time, do you believe checkpointing will stay with Peercoin indefinitely, or will it someday be discontinued?

If checkpointing stays with Peercoin indefinitely, do you have any new ideas for making checkpointing more distributed than the Primecoin model?

Could a Turing-complete distributed blockchain somehow provide truly distributed checkpointing?

How does v0.4 allow minting with locked wallet ? Are there security concerns we should be aware of ?

Just a comment: I don’t think we should ask the question suggested above that we ask whether Sunny is Satoshi

Would be helpful to understand your thoughts why that is not a good idea.

My reason for asking it was simple. Too many people keep posing the question, and many people would love to unmask Sunny King to find the real identity of the creator of Peercoin. I asked it as a rhetorical question, because I really did not expect a real answer.

I wanted Sunny to explain to us in a certain lingo, that irregardless of who he is, it is unimportant to the success of Peercoin. I was also hoping he’d state that it is his decision to remain anonymous for protection of his own personal and private life. We already saw what happened when the media started tracking down Dorian Nakamoto.

I figured if Sunny verbosely answered this question, we could refer to the answer every time someone came up with the “great idea” of trying to discover who he really is… It is some thing that I believe is better left as sacred and untouched.

With that being said, I sleep better at night believing that Sunny is Satoshi. If Sunny wants to refer to Satoshi in the 3rd person way of speaking, I assume it is the same way any of us would talk about another alias in the 3rd person in order to certify your new identity and make it plausible.

That’s something that works for me. Even if Sunny isn’t Satoshi, he’s similarly brilliant with his coding skills and visions and that works for me too.

question: What is long-term strategy for peercoin transaction fees?

Statement 1: Peercoin, if I’m not mistaken was developed to be a ‘backbone-currency’. By backbone, I get the intention that Peercoin was designed so that new protocols and ideas get built on top of it, like the Mastercoin project for bitcoin.

Question 1: Is this the plan for Peercoin ? If not, then what exactly is implied by the term ‘backbone-currency’?

Statement 2: I believe that every crypto-coin should serve a specific demand(s) of a market.

Question 2: What kind of market is Peercoin trying to reach and what do you think is needed to reach that market ?

JetJet13

Would be helpful to understand your thoughts why that is not a good idea.

My reason for asking it was simple. Too many people keep posing the question, and many people would love to unmask Sunny King to find the real identity of the creator of Peercoin. I asked it as a rhetorical question, because I really did not expect a real answer.

I wanted Sunny to explain to us in a certain lingo, that irregardless of who he is, it is unimportant to the success of Peercoin. I was also hoping he’d state that it is his decision to remain anonymous for protection of his own personal and private life. We already saw what happened when the media started tracking down Dorian Nakamoto.

I figured if Sunny verbosely answered this question, we could refer to the answer every time someone came up with the “great idea” of trying to discover who he really is… It is some thing that I believe is better left as sacred and untouched.

With that being said, I sleep better at night believing that Sunny is Satoshi. If Sunny wants to refer to Satoshi in the 3rd person way of speaking, I assume it is the same way any of us would talk about another alias in the 3rd person in order to certify your new identity and make it plausible.

That’s something that works for me. Even if Sunny isn’t Satoshi, he’s similarly brilliant with his coding skills and visions and that works for me too.[/quote]

He has clearly stated he is not Satoshi. Don’t waste his time. Asking his thoughts on any concerns he might have about privacy now that journalists seem to be dedicated to exposing developers would be more interesting in my opinion.

+1

A good question whould be. What are your thoughts on the alleged exposure of Satoshi/Dorian Nakomoto and does that proof that it is agood idea for you to be anonymous?

(Maybe in a better grammatical form though :P)