Stable nodes for peercoin and testnet

Ok I think I have done everything I need to, there sould now be a stable node of this forums server for the peercoin network. Should your client fail to find any connections try typing in the command line:

For peercoin main net

ppcoind.exe -addnode=95.138.137.100:9902

For peercoin Testnet

ppcoind.exe -addnode=95.138.137.100:19902

let me know of any problems

Fuzzybear

Would you mind sharing the steps you went through to get it up and running? If it looks feasible, I’ll piggy back a node on to the Peercoin wiki installation so we have another “always up” and distributed node to hit

Well by running peercoind under mainnet and testnet and having a ppcoin.conf file set in your %app data%/ppcoin directory and %app data%/ppcoin/testnet directory … note the port u set for each and the IP of the server and port is what you see above.

There was talk in the past when i tried to do this for other clients from my local machine that u need to forward the port on your router… but some servers do not need this i believe.

I am a stepping out of my depth a little here as I may have missed something as I am not 100% sure about all I have done here and if it works… but if anyone can see the server IP as a node they are connected to then we are up and running :slight_smile: Hope this helps… i’ll expand once / if this is working… again nice article title for devtome… “Setting up a stable node (for the peercoin network)” … just saying :smiley:

Fuzzybear