Solar Pannel Roadway

Ok so this is not directly accepting Peercoins but I think it ties in with the whole green environmentally sustainable concepts behind peercoin and would be productive for us to get some publicity with these guys imo.

Let me know your thoughts and if anyone wants to contact the people behind the project to see if Peercoin could help them fund and reach their target and finances for the project.

Fuzzybear

Maybe we could trial Peershares for the $500 perk and get ‘Peercoin’ on one of the mounting holes. We end up with shares which won’t pay dividend though. But it might help the team flesh out some rough edges if they are ready for it.

Alternatively we can do a classic fundraiser on peer4commit.com.

If we are able to raise some decent money, we might get some press exposure. Better than sponsoring a racecar :slight_smile:

Thoughts?

Here is the link again: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways#home

Very cool! This could also be the start of some sort of campaign, where peercoiners sponsor all kinds of practical green projects. Links to those projects could also be put on some section on the website.

Think big, act small :wink:

If we get another 9 supporters in this thread in next few days, I’m good to write a charter and kick it off on peer4commit.com. I’m thinking of raising $500, with stretch target for another $500 so we can get the $500 perk(s) on the indiegogo project where we get e.g. ‘Peercoin’ engraved onto the mounting holes of the panels on the demo solar parking lot. We will also get some pictures which we can use for future marketing.

The thread is open!!! :pearcoin:

I like this idea, and I like the fact that we can use Peercoin to support a sustainable venture. Count me in.

Think big, act small :wink:

If we get another 9 supporters in this thread in next few days, I’m good to write a charter and kick it off on peer4commit.com. I’m thinking of raising $500, with stretch target for another $500 so we can get the $500 perk(s) on the indiegogo project where we get e.g. ‘Peercoin’ engraved onto the mounting holes of the panels on the demo solar parking lot. We will also get some pictures which we can use for future marketing.

The thread is open!!! :pearcoin:[/quote]

Excellent idea! I’m in.

U know I’m in right?? :peercoin:

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Looks cool, I would donate as well.

Excellent! I would like to donate.

cool, do we get the peercoin logo on there or the text, or both :)?

@irritant, not sure if we can do logo or only text. We can find that out when this gets a bit more interest.

We are stuck with seven people having interest, so we need a few more to kick-off the fundraiser in my opinion to make this viable in my opinion.
So just bumping the thread, let us know if you like to participate in this.

I think this is fitting Peercoin really well, it is also innovative and sustainable.

Not to be a negative nancy but this idea is really… impractical to the point that I think it is either a scam or the people involved are not that smart…

To focus on something as costly as solar roadways when the vast majority of rooftops are going unuitilized is pretty inefficient.

I agree with every one, I’d like to see Peercoin be part of it.

I’d like to state some thing though. When you see a project like this, that is green, saves money, is good for the environment, and is all around great.

Think of who the existing stake-holders are if this type of thing didn’t exist. Who is making money right_now by not having a solar panel roadway.

The reason this is important, is that these same people or organizations who stand to lose some thing will spend their time, money, and resources to squash it. They will either do it by capitalism, simply buying and stopping the project. (or incognito participating in it, and then sabotaging it) Or they’ll do it with high paid lobbyists and regulation. False studies by scientific reports (solar panel roadways = birth defects, what ever they can dream up), etc.

This is why every time there is a new innovation of this magnitude, it always dies quickly. So don’t be surprised if this one dies too.

eeek! Don’t shoot the messenger. I just wanted to point it out.

For instance, in the first 19 seconds of the video they show all the problems it will solve. Who makes money right now with solving those problems, this will be the same people who try and stop this…

Thanks for your responses. I don’t disagree what is happening in this world regarding what you guys mention. But if you don’t try and give up before hand you have lost anyway. Tesla Motors also went and still goes against everything and many advisers and is still going. Should Elon Musk have spent his time, money and energy in helping out with getting more solar panels on roofs?. Maybe, but he didn’t. You just need a few people who are persistent, have a good idea and can execute this in a real world environment. That is exactly what they are trying in my opinion.

Whether it becomes a breakthrough success in some way or the other will always be a bet, but that’s the same with betting on a racecar or any business, it can break down, it can finish last/lose money or it can win / profitable.

My recommendation is let’s secure the money supply first, and then projects like this can thrive.

But as long as fiat governs every thing. These types of projects fizz up and die quickly every single time. Did you know there is enough hydrogen in water that cars can simply fill their tanks with water and have a device that automatically extracts the hydrogen and spits out oxygen?

Guess why we’re not driving hydrogen cars? Too many believers that it is that simple. Scientifically it is simple. Economically and Politically it isn’t.

Before Bitcoin and Peercoin, and any other coin starts supporting these types of fantastic projects, I really do believe we need to get cryptocurrency where it needs to be first…

It’s like during war, carrying another army buddy up a steep embankment when his legs are blown off, but your arms are blown off and he’s piggy backing you on your back. You’re both going to bleed to death before you get to the top. It’s a very noble effort, but you’re not thinking straight at that point.

Peercoin is under attack by fiat and the old world. Solar roadways are under attack by fiat and the old world. Neither of them can help each other at this point, truthfully.

I think you’re right. In 500 years we won’t be driving on asphalt roads.

I like Cybnate’s plan to get “Peercoin” on the demo solar parking lot with pictures for marketing.

This Indiegogo fundraising project is time limited. I’m concerned that our fundraising plan here might take quite a while. The amount of money we need to raise is not very much ~250 PPC. So, I’m wondering if we could just cut to the chase?

I know it is a bit out of the normal, but because of the limited time could we just openly pledge or contribute here in this thread?

I now pledge 100 PPC to this effort.

So, we only need 150 more. Who can help meet a part of the 150 we need?

How much can you pledge?

If you don’t like this idea, say so, but if it could work it would save a lot of time and effort.

I like these people and this idea. I would like to have my driveway and maybe my patio made from their panels. I hope they can get some success :slight_smile:

I think you’re right. In 500 years we won’t be driving on asphalt roads.[/quote]

Haha… well, I must be a wild man because in my opinion in ~15 years some people will have all-electric tilt rotor hexacopters. Highly redundant and completely safe. They will fly at three to four hundred miles per hour in horizontal mode and they will be able to take off and land on a dime (actually within a 10 meter clear circle) in vertical mode, fold the rotors up and maneuver around a parking lot like a conventional car.

The fundraising for this project is now open!

I’ve created a new thread for it here: www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2837

[quote=“Cybnate, post:19, topic:2375”]The fundraising for this project is now open!

I’ve created a new thread for it here: www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2837[/quote]

Hi,

I don’t know why Cybnate changed the thread because as absent minded as I am it is always helpful for me when new posts come into a thread to remind me there is something going on where I previously posted.

Anyway just as a reminder, if you operate like me I am making this post to update: Cybnate did make a new thread with a peer4commit address and the goal of raising 250 PPC for the Solar Roadways project. As I write this I think we have about 160 PPC pledged and so we still need 90. I’m pretty sure we will make it, but if you want to participate, now would be a good time.

The window will close soon.

The Solar Roadways project just came out a couple of days ago with a GREAT video and their fundraising has gone from slow to Spectacular. They want to raise a million dollars and a couple days ago had less than $200K and now they are over $850K. WOW! Cool. Witness the power of a great video!

The good news from Peercoin’s perspective is that the funding contribution level we have expressed interest in still has room for investment. Of the 396 available positions for funding at the level we want they have gone from 36 filled a few days ago to now 106 filled, so they still have plenty of room for us to get a place.

Contribute now! Or, forever wish you would have ;D