Socket error 10047

Hi,
I opened Peerunity and have the following error message, can anyone help?
Thanks

“Error: couldn’t open socket for incoming connections (socket returned error 10047)”

try -onlynet=IPv4, perhaps you have IP6 protocols truned on but no IP4

Thanks Irritant, but I don’t understand - how do I do that?
Thanks

You have to start the program from a command line, or change the start-up parameters on the shortcut.

if you’re using Windows it would be something like below (or wherever your peerunity.exe is):

C:\users\robertlloyd\desktop\peerunity.exe -onlynet=IPv4

To access the CMD console just type CMD into the run box from the start menu and press enter. When the black box pops up you would type out the path to the peerunity.exe and then put the -onlynet=IPv4 after it.

Hi. I’m having the same issue. I edited my shortcut (wouldn’t actually let me, said the target for shortcut was invalid) and I ran the program from the command prompt using -onlynet=IPv4, but it still doesn’t fix the issue. I’m on XP and I’m completely new to Peercoin btw. Is this a problem I should be extremely worried about? Thanks.

I am on XP too, so that might be relevant.

I don’t mind the “glitch”, as such, so long as it is not harmful. Perhaps someone could explain the nature of this problem - what might it affect?

Thanks

xp: Goto [Network connections], find the [Local Area Network], right click then find [Status] click it. Click the [Properties] button, then [Install] button, click the “Protocol”, then click [Add…] button. Select the “Microsoft” from manufacturer, and “Microsoft IPV6(or something i forgot the exact spelling)” from Network Protocol. Lastly click the [OK] button, thats it. Hoping that will really help you. [Don’t use that “-onlyne=IPv4” command parameter, just ignore it.]

Help my new Peercoin account, im still 0 balance T.T: PGxsA8DaNfwfCTGLcMbxtBWLBeCjiZo5Vf

thanks

[edit: spelling editing]

[quote=“einbroch2006, post:7, topic:3010”]xp: Goto [Network connections], find the [Local Area Network], right click then find [Status] click it. Click the [Properties] button, then [Install] button, click the “Protocol”, then click [Add…] button. Select the “Microsoft” from manufacturer, and “Microsoft IPV6(or something i forgot the exact spelling)” from Network Protocol. Lastly click the [OK] button, thats it. Hoping that will really help you. [Don’t use that “-onlyne=IPv4” command parameter, just ignore it.]

Help my new Peercoin account, im still 0 balance T.T: PGxsA8DaNfwfCTGLcMbxtBWLBeCjiZo5Vf

thanks

[edit: spelling editing][/quote]

No more socket errors! Thanks a bunch friendo! I wish I could give you a peercoin or two, but I’m actually just starting too; I’m going to order a red fury ASIC off of Amazon pretty soon.

Worked for me too, many thanks

Thanks… This does indeed fix the error.