So who started mining aggressively within the last few days?

[quote=“Catswold, post:20, topic:1179”]

Whoever it was has done a good job, because being ignorant and not reporting potential offences is not something I think you should support.

Idon’t know, it seems to me it takes a real POS to stick his nose in where it doesn’t belong. I think it’s hilarious that whoever tried to screw sathoro ended up informing on sathoro to sathoro.

It’s not anyone’s business to be the policeman of the world, but it shows that there’s always someone who just can’t wait to mess up someone else’s life . . . usually out of jealousy or envy . . . far less out of some noble sense of doing the right thing.[/quote]

The problem is that he conveniently responds to some of the claims, but ignores the others like why does someone need 10,000 workers for web development.

Just look at everything he hasn’t responded to, and believe me, it’s a lot because even though his replies are long, my questions are even longer.

[quote=“sathoro, post:22, topic:1179”]1) I do not live in France (it is called private whois because there are people like you who post people’s personal information online against their will)
2) I use DO to host my websites because I do not run a network and data center
3) A web developer doesn’t need 10,000 spare servers but like I said I use them only for mining[/quote]

So maybe the question is where can you get something so cheap? o_O? Who would allow it? Botnet?

Without further evidence, by applying Occam’s razor, this is fake.

It’s a discussion of the pros and cons. But you haven’t provided any evidence, and just tried to weasel your way out of a costs. No VPS would allow you to do what you are doing.

So it’s fake. Stop lying and get over it.

Don’t try to suppress normal conversations. People have concerns, legitimate concerns, someone is going to be left with a large bill either way I look at it. Either the VPS or you. If you really live in Austin Texas, you probably know the Liberal Alex Jones. Don’t block free speech and discussion. It might get hot in the kitchen, but that doesn’t mean you can stop arguing.

It’s a discussion of the pros and cons. But you haven’t provided any evidence, and just tried to weasel your way out of a costs. No VPS would allow you to do what you are doing.

So it’s fake. Stop lying and get over it.

Don’t try to suppress normal conversations. People have concerns, legitimate concerns, someone is going to be left with a large bill either way I look at it. Either the VPS or you. If you really live in Austin Texas, you probably know the Liberal Alex Jones. Don’t block free speech and discussion. It might get hot in the kitchen, but that doesn’t mean you can stop arguing.
[/quote]

Why would I tell you how I am making a profit at mining when you are clearly not? Again try being innovative. I’m not here to help you make money especially after these accusations.
[/quote]

I don’t need to ask you for anything, just a screenshot of the number of workers, remove the company that is hosting the VPS.

If you can’t do something as simple as that, it’s fake.

[quote=“sathoro, post:28, topic:1179”]Sure why not? I’m not answering further questions and it takes a lot of further software optimizations to make it profitable but here is my evidence:

[/quote]

That’s not enough evidence, I need page without the logo/company name, not a text document that even I could have forged myself.

Furthermore, that doesn’t even look like a proper, a video would be best suited. Just scroll through your VPS list.

Yes, so you can see all the IP addresses and easily identify the provider… Great idea![/quote]

Do what the youtubers do, hide it with a white space… Like when someone’s penis comes up on those chatroulette videos. MrTechnicalDifficult for example.

Or tape something to the screen, and use a camera…

Dude, get over it. Some people have ways to acquire resources to do things and some don’t. You can’t expect to be spoon fed. Do you think the guys mining and panning for gold back in the day told others their secrets? Nope!

Who cares that someone has 10,000 workers or how they got them? It just sounds like someone is upset that the difficulty went up and has the anger management skills of a child.

shrugs it is what it is. unfortunately like in real life, people have access to things you dont. I can’t begrudge him for using his advantage. I would do the same in his position.

it’s just a pity in this brave new cryptocoin world there isn’t a way to level out the playing field. so everyone who doesn’t necessarily have the card, the servers or the money to not be left behind.

i’m still cursing the fact i have a nvidia graphics card on my home pc!

mining on digital ocean for free was a blast and kinda interesting to figure out. but as with everything all good things must come to an end.

What is there to be angry about? The discussion is about whether it is viable or not… I argue that it is not viable, either for the VPS or the person who owns the equipment…

Which brings back to the point where sathoro kept saying that I couldn’t comprehend English.

I own the hardware. I pay the electricity. I don't need you making ridiculous assumptions and telling me I am operating at a loss or doing something illegal.

Yet it was being rented and he wasn’t paying the electricity.

Now I know there are cheap botnets you can rent. That’s fine.

Then one conveniently ignores my request for profitability calculation, which would not expose any details about your VPS hosting solution. Instead you had me chasing a futile text document.

Once you attack the person rather than what they are doing wrong, then I’ll jump in and write something.

Other than that it’s not a personal attack…

So we should return this thread back to the original topic about whether it is still viable or not

Seriously, you guys should see the politicians arguing…

If there were no inconsistencies, this thread wouldn’t have moved to where it did. Use common sense…

Either way I have nothing to gain in monetary terms from clarifying the issue. It’s not like the difficulty will fall anyway. Most likely more botnets will come online soon according to my calculation on historical profitability.

Suppose the person of interest did add 10,000 workers. There were many thousands more added by others when the difficulty rose, whilst a lot of other miners dropped out. That’s the problem we should be discussing.

Nice try with trying to portray me as an idiot. Seriously, who would get upset over lost revenue of $0.30 a week when you could go out panhandling and earn $20 an hour, or go to work and earn minimum wage of $16 an hour?

It’s over, I just calculated the historical profitability and found that it converges to less than the cheaper VPS costs.

Therefore, it is most likely that illogical miners (whether the loser is the VPS or a person) or botnets dominate primecoin.

Thus, it isn’t worthwhile. There were some threads on reddit arguing protoshares and primecoin are botnet coins.

I guess it’s true. Even in the past few months, profitability was only raised by special offers such as digitalocean bonuses.

What are the implications?

Maybe we can discuss that later.

Wild guess here but perhaps someone has recompiled or modded a miner to run on Xeon Phi, tested it, then scaled up.

Xeon Phi has the potential to be the “GPU mining” version of primecoins on a PCIE x16 slot.

Whoever it is, is probably not sharing their mining code yet to milk the system.

But that is just my guess

processor count per card…

What is sad about it all, is the rich get richer because they can afford these kind of super-rigs… :frowning:

I might just stick to the stock market…