(script draft) Peercoin Primer #5: Mission

Rather than using “attained”, try “accomplished” in place of the second “achieved”.

1 Like

That’s ok. Let’s do that.

1 Like

What is the best source to use for Sunny’s quote?

From my point of view, I think the cryptocurrency movement needs at least one ‘backbone’ currency, that maintains a high degree of decentralization, maintains a high level of security, but doesn’t necessarily provide a high volume of transactions.

Sunny posted this answer in an interview in the chatbox of Peercointalk.org. We no longer have a history record of the chatbox, but I did post the interview myself on this forum shortly after it took place…

It looks like the quote has been slightly edited from its original form to sound better…

Original…

Newer version in the script…

I’m not sure when these slight edits happened.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s all I need for now.

Now that I think of it, I think I might have made those edits when I placed the quotes in Peercoin University. As I mentioned, they were originally made in chat, so it was not professionally edited before Sunny posted them. I believe I wanted to present the quotes in a better light, so I made some slight edits to them.

For the section below, I’m writing an onscreen summary of each point.

1. Removing the conflict of interests between miners and coin holders by allowing coin holders to mint their own blocks;
  2. Achieving an efficient and inexpensive security protocol based on scarcity of time, rather than electricity, attaining geographical decentralization of block producers;
  3. Allowing for 1% annual inflation to prevent deflation and to incentivize minting;
  4. Replacing transaction fees with a continuous block reward, as a means of compensating block producers.

Onscreen summaries:

1. Stakeholder Security
  2. Efficient Blockchain
  3. Reliable Supply
  4. Continuous Reward

Any feedback, thoughts or suggestions?

This was actually a separate point on its own. So make it #3.

1. Geographical Decentralization

@RobertLloyd does this sound fine to you, or should it be limited inflation?

1 Like

Limited inflation is good - but an alternative is “Inflation permitted”, which puts a positive spin on it.

Actually, scrap “Inflation permitted”. The protocol makes inflation mandatory.