Running multiple clients, at the same time

I am awash with Clients - PPC, BKS, Nu and now AES. Is it advisable to run them, and mint, all at the same time?

I gather Nu is fairly heavy-going on the memory/power of a computer - what about the other three?

Is there a way I can measure the “strain” on the computer, so it does not get too much?

[quote=“RobertLloyd, post:1, topic:4084”]I am awash with Clients - PPC, BKS, Nu and now AES. Is it advisable to run them, and mint, all at the same time?

I gather Nu is fairly heavy-going on the memory/power of a computer - what about the other three?

Is there a way I can measure the “strain” on the computer, so it does not get too much?[/quote]

If it was multiple computers, sure, run them all.

If it was me, I’d run the client that I’m most interested in minting the most. Once it did, I’d take it offline and mint the next one.

This way I wouldn’t be overworking the computer. I wouldn’t be overworking my network connections.

Mostly of all, because I’d want to increase the likelyhood of a mint. You have to be quite lucky, and have as many hash calculations as possible, in the short time there is “between blocks” to mint yourself a proof-of-stake block.

If you spread your computer power too thin, among many clients, you’re going to decrease the likelyhood of a mint (in my opinion) against other people who are minting with only Peercoin’s client open on a regular computer for example.

Most people won’t mint 5 to 10 different wallet clients at the same time. It eats too much ram, cpu, network.

That’s my 2 cents anyway…

P.S. In Windows, you can ctrl-alt-delete go to Task Manager, then Performance Monitor
In Linux, you can use top

I’m not a mac person, but top works too, on command-line in Terminal

1 Like

I run multiple clients on the same machine. All ppcoind but different -datadir options.
Just watch how your machine handles it, a decent one shouldnt have issues.

htop is my favorite on linux. it’s like the top [member=11274]ppcman[/member] mentioned but way more fun to watch :slight_smile: