Rumor: Peercoin Partnership With Tesla?

Hey guys, I don’t know anything about this. I just noticed it on Twitter…

“Friday night: Met with business partners today to discuss the upcoming partnership between @PeercoinPPC and @TeslaMotors

I don’t know Geoff Snyder personally, but I do know that he has been liking the posts on Peercoin’s Facebook page for a long time, so that gives me at least some reason to believe it may not be fake.

What is happening here!? ???

This is huge!

Does anyone know if Tesla currently accepts Bitcoin? I seem to remember one guy buying a car with Bitcoin from a dealership that accepted it. I’m not sure if the main company accepts it now though. I was thinking maybe he just means that one dealership would accept it, but in his tweet he refers to @TeslaMotors, which is the main company. Here is an article about what I was talking about. It happened in December 2013…

Tesla is currently in discussions about implementing Bitcoin to offer it at the consumer level. Early adopters were the ones suggesting Peercoin as a complementing option.

This may just be the first phase. If Tesla doesn’t request exclusive licensing, we can offer it to other eco-friendly automotive manufacturers too. This will broaden the marketshare even further.

[quote=“Alloy, post:5, topic:3530”]Tesla is currently in discussions about implementing Bitcoin to offer it at the consumer level. Early adopters were the ones suggesting Peercoin as a complementing option.

This may just be the first phase. If Tesla doesn’t request exclusive licensing, we can offer it to other eco-friendly automotive manufacturers too. This will broaden the marketshare even further.[/quote]

Hi Geoff, thanks for sharing this with us. I didn’t realize you were already a member of the forum here. I’ve given you +1 karma, but you honestly deserve +1,000 for this. :smiley:

Wow, this is interesting. The eco-friendly marketing is what Tesla and Peercoin share.
Just curious and starting to think what opportunities beside buying a Tesla with Peercoins exist.

who is this geoff?

http://geoffsnyder.com/

he has 9000 followers on twitter

let’s wait and see if it’s just an attempt to pump and dump or there is any substance behind his words

[quote=“arbitrageur, post:8, topic:3530”]who is this geoff?

let’s wait and see if it’s just an attempt to pump and dump or is there any substance[/quote]

He is also [member=28547]Alloy[/member] you can ask him here directly :p.

[quote=“arbitrageur, post:8, topic:3530”]who is this geoff?

let’s wait and see if it’s just an attempt to pump and dump or there is any substance behind his words[/quote]

over 9000? :omg:

I wonder if Peercoin not having a large Bitpay-like operation will hurt us. We do have Coinpayments as a payment processor I believe.

interesting, the offer on btc-e became massive after this BS. he is surely someone who needs to sell a ton of ppc and made up the crap rumor hoping that someone would buy it.

I’m open to answer any questions. I will answer what I can.

"Friday night: Met with business partners today to discuss the upcoming partnership between @PeercoinPPC and @TeslaMotors"

good you are here, yes I have a few questions.

you could have written about the “possibility of” or a “potential” partnership, but you wrote “upcoming” like it’s a done deal yet to be disclosed. is this correct?

what kind of partnership could be even there? will they start accepting peercoin as payment for their cars like dell or overstock do with bitcoin? this is not even partnership, it would be just a merchant accepting cryptocoins for payment, nothing to be really excited about. So I presume it’s something bigger and deeper, is this correct?

why peercoin? is it about eco friendly cars with eco friendly cryptocurrency?

what’s your role in the peercoin community? just a fan, a bagholder (as I am), or is this the accomplishment of a marketing role you were assigned to do?

that’s it for now, thanks in advance for your cooperation in answering my questions.

So Tesla is the leader and first of its kind. Peercoin is the leader and first of its kind. Tesla Motors at current time has more exposure to the public’s eye they have store fronts in major malls all over USA showing off there incredible technology behind Tesla Motors automobiles and I know some even offer test drives at race tracks for a fee. If Tesla could incorporate Peer Coin into there there finance structure it would be a perfect inception. I just want to test drive one, will pay in Peer Coins??? ;D :smiley: 8)

It just occurred to me that Tesla is also starting to make batteries for solar or wind powered homes so they can go off the grid. What about paying monthly fees for rental and/or maintenance with your solar power minted PPC for those?

Hi Alloy, are you still going to answer the questions asked?

I’m am open to having discussions that are forward focused and meaningful. As much as I am sensitive and respect those who are skeptical, I have absolutely zero desire to feed any of those who wish to sit and flame.

@Cybnate and @AquaTron - Thank you for being professional during the past few days. Please allow me to complete what I’m currently working on today and I will gladly return here later in the day to answer any questions that you have. Please understand their ate certain limitations which I must abide due to a legally obligated non-disclosure, so there may be a few areas that I will need to either pass on or be evasive about.

@arbitrageur - Thank you for your questions. I will gladly answer what I can, but I do have to be honest with you… you’re not off to a great start. I’ll be sure to throw a couple of friendly jabs back if you wish to play. Once I’m done, I’ll move onto answering your questions. But for the time being, our interest in Peercoin is far greater than any $5m pump and dump. I’m probably one of the deepest bagholders of PPC since inception and am a long-term player. Short-term gratification is for trainees and children.

I hope you know that our community is not usually like that. I personally find arbitrageur’s claims unacceptable. I can understand people having a healthy sense of skepticism about something like this, especially when the larger crypto community is so rampant with scams, but I don’t believe anybody should be making accusations like this when they have absolutely no proof. On the contrary, I gave some small amount of evidence that shows this could be true. So I ask arbitrageur and anyone else to please think before you post things like this. Your skepticism is warranted, but if you’re going to make accusations without proof, you’re likely offending a long-time member that is trying to help our community.

I can understand this. I was actually wondering why you chose to mention this in a tweet, rather than Tesla doing it. Should we be taking this only as a teaser, rather than an announcement?

I think it would be awesome if a peerbox would be embedded inside the powerwall, it is easily done, and win win, do you think something like that is possible with Tesla & PeerCoin joining forces?