I have downloaded peercoin wallet. i have no idea how to import my old .dat file into the new peer coin wallet. please help
You should be able to copy and paste. What operating system are you running?
i am on pc with windows 10… copy and paste to where though? do you have a step by step guide.
There’s a Peercoin folder in %appdata%. You just copy it to there. So steps would be:
- Open file explorer
- Type %appdata% into the navigator
- Double click on the Peercoin folder
- Rename the wallet.dat file in there to wallet_backup.dat
- Copy and paste your other wallet.dat into folder (make sure it is still named wallet.dat)
- When youre sure everything is working and that wallet_backup is empty, delete wallet_backup.dat
Thank you i really appreciate your help
My pleasure, hope you get it sorted out.