[REQUEST] - Looking for additional Peerunity builders

I posted this on the Peerunity Github repository, but I also wanted to share it here as well for greater exposure.

[b][REQUEST] - Looking for additional developers who would be willing to periodically build binaries for Windows and Linux[/b]

We’re looking for additional community members who are comfortable doing their own compilations of the Peerunity source code to bolster our ranks to help from time to time with releases. The Gitian build process works best when you have multiple versions of the same binary, created by different people.

The setup of the system (on Linux) is a bit time consuming, but should be a one-time deal. Once you’ve set up the build environment subsequent compilations are handled in a freshly created virtual machine.

If anyone is interested in helping us out, please reply here or send me a note at ben at cryptoassure.com. Thank you!

mumble mumble CI server mumble

Current work I am doing I will have all I need setup to make Linux and Windows binaries for peerunity and would be happy to offer my services. Let me get fully setup then ill pm you

Fuzzybear

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Continuous integration is only part of the equation. Signed builds from multiple sources using the Gitian process is important, too. We also don’t have good cross-OS build support for all four major platforms (Win, Linux, OSX, ARM) with the current codebase. I’ll need to look at what Peercoin Core 0.5.0 brings in from the Bitcoin 0.8.6 merge – hopefully we’ll have moved to the new build system and gotten rid of the existing system of differentated make files.

If you’d like to see CI in the near future, you’re welcome to set something up and we can work together on an integration with the Github repo.

Take one on providing proper Ubuntu package:
https://peerbox.me/repo-ubuntu/peerunity-qt-0.1.2.RC3_amd64.deb

Built for Ubuntu 14.04 using following build flags:

qmake-qt4 USE_QRCODE=1 USE_DBUS=1 USE_UPNP=0 USE_SSL=1 PIE=1

It is possibly broken as I am no Ubuntu expert and apt is new to me. Please test.
I hope to achieve having dedicated Ubuntu PPA in near future, so we can finally have properly built wallet for the most popular linux platform.

Continuous integration is only part of the equation. Signed builds from multiple sources using the Gitian process is important, too. We also don’t have good cross-OS build support for all four major platforms (Win, Linux, OSX, ARM) with the current codebase. I’ll need to look at what Peercoin Core 0.5.0 brings in from the Bitcoin 0.8.6 merge – hopefully we’ll have moved to the new build system and gotten rid of the existing system of differentated make files.

If you’d like to see CI in the near future, you’re welcome to set something up and we can work together on an integration with the Github repo.[/quote]

It’s been a minute, so I thought I would drop by and add that I have succeeded in creating the basis for a deterministic build system and CI server, that can currently build win32 and linux binaries, and am currently working with toolchain4 to try and coax out some OSX binaries.

Gonna do some code cleaning, finalize a project scope and description, as well as a roadmap and goals, before I make the repo public. They only reason I bring it up now, is to try and see if you have a list of OSX devs I could contact about testing OSX builds of Peerunity using the new system. Having the help of a dev with a OSX machine would be a great help.

I could test OSX builds on my virtualmachine if you need someone. Just let me know.

Thanks CoinGame, PM incoming.