Ready to Mine Primecoin VPS

Update: It didn’t seem to submit many (or any) shares on beeeeer, so I switched it to yPool to get a few more stats. It’s been running there for about an hour, but there are still no shares submitted.

Direct from an API call:

{"status_code":1,"balance":0.00000000,"unconfirmedBalance":0.00000000,"shareValueCurrentRound":0.0000,"foundBlocksOverall":0,"donation":0.0,"autoPayoutAmount":0.000,"paymentAddress":""}

I’ve opened a support ticket with them. Please don’t make any assumptions about their service based on this. It might well be an isolated situation, we’ll see if it can be fixed :slight_smile:

Update 2:
It’s mining! But not much. Here are the updated stats:

{"status_code":1,"balance":0.00000000,"unconfirmedBalance":0.00031788,"shareValueCurrentRound":0.0000,"foundBlocksOverall":0,"donation":0.0,"autoPayoutAmount":0.000,"paymentAddress":""}

Does anyone know if beeeeer’s payout is better than ypool’s?

Yupp but my miner is running solid on Ypool.

edit: miner still running but cant add new subscription on webpage it seems.

Yeah, site’s up again, it was only temporary.

What are you stats? I only have 0.003XPM (unconfirmed) so far, which is a bit disappointing since I’m making more with my other not-so-good VPS’s on beeeeer.

Curious about this. Let me know how it turns out.

I am new here and am unable to start my own post, so I will post here since this is related.

I have signed up for an account at Server4you. The problem is they blocked mining pool IPs. Is there a way to use a VPN or gateway to bypass this. I have tried openVPN with IPredator, but it is not working. I already have a contract and have to use this for a year. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

My apologies for replying so late. Ended up becoming very ill past couple of days, the timing could not be worse.

Our new site ended up with some configurations that conflicted with one another, hence the site you see now.

Reason we are unable to show you data or give access is due to custom software and trade secrets.

We are in the process of being able to accept Bitcoin as payment. Hopefully it will be available very soon.

If there is anything I have missed, please bring it to my attention, and I will try to have your answers shortly.

Thanks.

Update!

We are now offering the i7 2600 4 cores 512mb 64-bit with SSH Access for only $16 per month!

We are constantly trying to improve and offer more choices for our customers. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Update 3: I switched over to the new $16/month plan for the SSH access. The important thing to note is that each user only gets approximately 1/8 of the full core (which isn’t exactly bad).

Edit: I made a calculation error in my assessment. Each core provided is clocked at 425.125MHz.

0.07535556 XPM for +72 hours with the Intel Xeon E3-1245 v2 4 Core Processor 1024mb package.
Sharecount is only at 49, bad luck i guess or to little RAM maybe!?

edit: “The important thing to note is that each user only gets approximately 1/8 of the full core”
Ahh. Maybe, just maybe one should have told people that from the start…

Agreed, but you get what you get.

Update 4: It’s been mining for an hour or so now, here are some stats (I picked out a few that looked ‘average’ out of all of them):

[STATS] 2013-12-19 19:59:23 |   79 primes/s, 1293 tests/s,   60 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:13:26 |   72 primes/s, 1142 tests/s,    0 5-chains/h, 0.002 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:23:27 |   62 primes/s,  973 tests/s,    0 5-chains/h, 0.002 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:36:29 |   84 primes/s, 1369 tests/s,   60 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:52:32 |   81 primes/s, 1312 tests/s,    0 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d

Update 4: It’s been mining for an hour or so now, here are some stats (I picked out a few that looked ‘average’ out of all of them):

[STATS] 2013-12-19 19:59:23 | 79 primes/s, 1293 tests/s, 60 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d [STATS] 2013-12-19 20:13:26 | 72 primes/s, 1142 tests/s, 0 5-chains/h, 0.002 chains/d [STATS] 2013-12-19 20:23:27 | 62 primes/s, 973 tests/s, 0 5-chains/h, 0.002 chains/d [STATS] 2013-12-19 20:36:29 | 84 primes/s, 1369 tests/s, 60 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d [STATS] 2013-12-19 20:52:32 | 81 primes/s, 1312 tests/s, 0 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d [/quote]

That’s too darn low!

A single i7 4770 at 4.2 gets 0.078cpd atm.

[STATS] 2013-12-19 19:59:23 |   79 primes/s, 1293 tests/s,   60 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:13:26 |   72 primes/s, 1142 tests/s,    0 5-chains/h, 0.002 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:23:27 |   62 primes/s,  973 tests/s,    0 5-chains/h, 0.002 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:36:29 |   84 primes/s, 1369 tests/s,   60 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d
[STATS] 2013-12-19 20:52:32 |   81 primes/s, 1312 tests/s,    0 5-chains/h, 0.003 chains/d

[/quote]

this is way too low compare to DO $5/monthly droplet.
average with a single core we get
300~400 primes/s, 4500~6000tests/s, 70~300 5-chains/h, 0.009~0.012 chains/d

not even compare my lowest spec 8 years old duo core intel/512mb/30gb $40 pc . can even get
150~250 primes/s, 2500~3500 tests/s, 80~150 0 5-chains/h, 0.007~0.010 chains/d

i

Thank you for bringing these details to our attention. I want to assure everyone this was not done intentionally. Apparently there has been a few details lost in translation with our vendor.

We want full disclosure on the equipment that is being used to mine. We are currently changing all plans’ description as I type this. We are also going to be offering more options as well, just note that the pricing is going to reflect how much Ghz per CPU.

Please also note that we want you to mine on our VPS. We will not regulate, throttle down, or limit CPU usage. You will be able to use what you pay for the sole purpose of mining crypto-currency. This will also be added to our disclaimer.

It was our mistake for not getting all of the details to you our consumers. Please allow us to 1) admit it and 2) give us the opportunity to fix it, before 3) passing judgement.

Thank you so much for your patience. We are continually striving to bring the best services available at a reasonable price. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service your mining needs.

Updates have been made. Feedback would be most appreciative. Thanks much for your patience. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, gonna check it out now.

EDIT: Nice job, I like the transparency and your good predisposition guys. Is there a way to test drive the dedicated 3.2ghz 100usd per month tier? Maybe charge hourly rates like Digital Ocean does? That would be absolutely wonderful.

Thanks for checking out the site. We are still discussing the possibilities of offering something of this nature in the near future. Unfortunately, we don’t have it available at this time.

Merry Christmas all! Hope you all got what you wanted. Sorry haven’t been on the boards much, just been super busy. Hoping to give the community a surprise here very soon. We are still making improvements to Primecoin VPS and hope to have the opportunity to service your mining needs. Happy mining! :smiley:

145 shares in 10 days or BALANCE (XPM) 0.13975968 & UNCONFIRMED (XPM) 0.00482252 was not exactly what i wanted…

Guys no point in using this service you will net less then 0.45XPM in 30 days with the 16USD/month package.

“Not done intentionally”, “things lost in translation” is just lame excuses, seriously considering my lifes first PayPal chargeback…

[quote=“AngrySentinel, post:38, topic:1035”]145 shares in 10 days or BALANCE (XPM) 0.13975968 & UNCONFIRMED (XPM) 0.00482252 was not exactly what i wanted…

Guys no point in using this service you will net less then 0.45XPM in 30 days with the 16USD/month package.

“Not done intentionally”, “things lost in translation” is just lame excuses, seriously considering my lifes first PayPal chargeback…[/quote]

Thank you for relaying your experiences with the community. I totally agree with you that those were lame excuses. However, that is exactly what happened. Once we were aware of the situation we tried to correct it as soon as humanly possible. If you think that the misinformation was intentional, I’m sorry, you are absolutely wrong.

We do not own these VPS, we have a contract with a vendor that we lease them from. We relayed to you our customers, the information that was given to us by the vendor. If you think we are making a killing by misinforming this community of that fact, again you are sadly mistaken. We have priced all of our services as low as possible so that you, our customer has every chance to make a profit in mining crypto-currency.

May I ask, has your VPS ever gone offline? Has your CPU usage gone below what is now advertised? Have we ever ignored your support ticket if you happened to have submitted one? Are you able to find any company out there that will allow you to rent the same hardware you rent from us and allow you to max it’s CPU out for the sole purpose of mining cryptocurrency?

And again, you have absolutely no idea what you will bring in at the end of your monthly subscription. You can guesstimate, but you can not tell us that you will receive x amount of coins. It could be more and quite honestly, it could even be less. What you are not factoring is what is your LUCK going to be in the next 20 days. And I’m afraid no one does, which we tried to tell everyone before they use our service.

I am not ashamed for the conduct of this company. We have been fully upfront and honest about our entire dealings with the community. We have plans to offer more options to our customers, and we are also in development of a social/chat site focused only on Primecoin. We are in this for the long haul. We are not a flash in the pan, want to make a quick buck and disappear into thin air type of operation, because honestly we are not making very much.

No one expected the severity of how difficult it became to mine XPM. We too have invested in mining XPM, I just wish I could say I only spent $16. Again, we stand by our disclaimer as far as what our VPS will mine.

So I apologize that we made a mistake of not disclosing all of the information. It was not intentional, and we tried to rectify it as soon as humanly possible. I apologize for the fact that you are not mining at a return you expected. We want all of our miners to have great success, for that will make it better for all that is involved, and for Primecoin in the future. And lastly, if so choose I apologize that we would be the first chargeback of your PayPal account, but that choice is entirely yours.

We will always strive to give the Primecoin community the best value for the service offered. We are continually improving, and we want the Primecoin to be a reputable alternative to the currency that is being offered today. We further hope that we can make the Primecoin be even more valuable by offering our service with honesty, integrity, and for what we plan to offer the community in the future.

Thanks again for allowing us to service your mining needs. May you have the best of luck in the next 20 days so that you may return a profit.

Merry Christmas!

That was one clusterfuck of blabla and more excuses, you have not delivered what you advertised and i did pay for, period!

Claiming misscommunication, translation errors, lazy work on the website or whatever dont really matter, you advertised a service, i did pay for it, you did not deliver it. Filed a PayPal claim now.